Preview Round 10 - Brisbane Lions v Sydney Swans at the Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dodongo expects Mayes back in the team soon and Dodongo expects him to be regular.
He already has a sponsor lined up.

1.jpg

Dodongo agrees 100%. Dodongo has always been a vocal supporter of Mayes. Dodongo thinks people have short memories and knows Mayes was Bogfooty's whipping boy for years and even though he proved he is classy last year, he is still a whipping boy.

Dodongo thinks all people see on Mayes is this year and that sort of thinking is bad.

Dodongo expects Mayes back in the team soon and Dodongo expects him to be regular.
I'd be hoping he'd be traded ,but doubt he has much currency.

Surprised to see people suggesting Eagles to Buddy. Eagles is fine in a wrestling contest, but Buddy's major weapon is his athleticism, which also happens to be Eagles' weakness (along with his disposal and decision making). I think if we match them up, Eagles will end up falling over whenever Buddy makes a turn, and Buddy will stroll around him.

Personally, I'm looking forward repeat of my avatar...

Discussion on Mayes is an interesting one. We recruited him as a mid potential, and only put him back to half back because he struggled. I'd be keen for coaches to tell him he's going to take a few weeks in the NEAFL to work on his mid-craft. Might work? Gotta try something with him though. Seems to have stagnated, and need to get him learning again...

Am I dreaming or hasnt his kicking and decision making been well advanced on what we expected from him?

I much more enjoy the recent Australian Cricket team, in some ways, over Steve Waugh's juggernaut as I go over to the Adelaide Oval and have many arguments over the composition of the team. Back in Waugh's day we always won (with bad grace ) and the only interest was which Australian player would get the player of the match. Now its much better as I can rib people like Bernard Wimpress about the selection of the Marsh brothers and a million other selection queries means we get to tea on the first day before we start to argue about the actual Test Match.

Brisbane is in danger of becoming boring. This web site may become boring without some controversial selection changes and some hard done by players, according to Dogongo et al. Mayes must play.

Tonight I have a possie of Brisbane supporters coming over to watch the Hawthorn game and cook cakes for my charity Solar Smiles Dental Charity (look us up on facebook) The proposition was simple. If I showed them the game they would cook cakes while we watched the Lions bury Hawthorn.

I much more enjoy the recent Australian Cricket team, in some ways, over Steve Waugh's juggernaut as I go over to the Adelaide Oval and have many arguments over the composition of the team. Back in Waugh's day we always won (with bad grace ) and the only interest was which Australian player would get the player of the match. Now its much better as I can rib people like Bernard Wimpress about the selection of the Marsh brothers and a million other selection queries means we get to tea on the first day before we start to argue about the actual Test Match.

Brisbane is in danger of becoming boring. This web site may become boring without some controversial selection changes and some hard done by players, according to Dogongo et al. Mayes must play.

Tonight I have a possie of Brisbane supporters coming over to watch the Hawthorn game and cook cakes for my charity Solar Smiles Dental Charity (look us up on facebook) The proposition was simple. If I showed them the game they would cook cakes while we watched the Lions bury Hawthorn.

I'll take a boring selection night any time if it means exciting and competitive game day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane is in danger of becoming boring.
A cake is essentially a chemistry experiment—a series of ingredients mixed in a specific order to cause reactions that produce specific effects it is said the order and method counts. The intimate chemistry among key ingredients delivers the foundation for good cake. Flour thickens the batter and provides gluten, a protein that gives the cake structure. It forms when flour is combined with a liquid and agitated.
  • As cakes are to footy teams, don’t overmix and know your oven.
  • Let the stability of an 'unchanged' recipe/team be your secret to consistency!
Hope the fund raising goes well for SSDC Doc!

Was listening to SEN and lots of love for us off the call and text line, people liking us this weekend. We have become everyones sevond team lately.
Playing an exciting brand of footy!
Rather than the defensive game style of most other teams.

So mills broke his foot walking home from a cafe?!
Can we get some vouchers for that place and get them delivered to swans HQ before Saturday.
Must be a dangerous place sydney

Mills out is a big loss for us. He’s a real rock down back, is a great mark and uses the ball really well. Marsh is reliable, but he’s no like for like.

Stoddart is a good pick. First year player, he will be given the licence to run hard off halfback. He’s fast with a raking left foot.

Rohan was dropped because Ronke is as fast and he tackles more.

Mills out is a big loss for us. He’s a real rock down back, is a great mark and uses the ball really well. Marsh is reliable, but he’s no like for like.

Stoddart is a good pick. First year player, he will be given the licence to run hard off halfback. He’s fast with a raking left foot.

Rohan was dropped because Ronke is as fast and he tackles more.
I thought rohan was out with concussion.
He was hit on the head by a falling coconut walking through Sydney CBD

Swans defence is not tall: Grundy 192, Rampe 189, Marsh 189. Giving away a big height advantage to Oscar, Eric and Dan. Thinks we could capitalise with marks & frees in the forward fifty. Looking forward to this one. Can't see how they can really match up on 3 talls, plus Charlie's marking ability.

Swans defence is not tall: Grundy 192, Rampe 189, Marsh 189. Giving away a big height advantage to Oscar, Eric and Dan. Thinks we could capitalise with marks & frees in the forward fifty. Looking forward to this one. Can't see how they can really match up on 3 talls, plus Charlie's marking ability.

Not to mention Cam. And I think the boys will be keen to show it was not just a flash in the pan.

If our senior guys all play well again we are in with a huge chance in this one, over to you Dayne x 2, Mitch, Stefan, Allen, Luke, Charlie and Daniel + old man Harris of course on Buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back