Toast Round 10 = Carlton 57-85 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Was having a casual Monday morning conversation with a colleague at work this morning. I asked them how they were, they said good but their weekend was terrible. I asked what happened. They told me Collingwood won. I laughed and they responded with oh you’re one of those, a Collingwood supporter? To which I just said yep and for the record yesterday was brilliant!

Poor guy doesn’t even follow Carlton. The hate is strong in some people.

Carlton fans, including Edmund keep looking at their list and see how talented their top 10 is (as good or better than most in the comp) and ignore the fact that the rest are hot garbage. I’ve never seen anything quite like the gulf in quality between the two halves of their best 22.
That's part of their problem..they paid big money to these so called talented stars...without them having to show any of that talent.

Was having a casual Monday morning conversation with a colleague at work this morning. I asked them how they were, they said good but their weekend was terrible. I asked what happened. They told me Collingwood won. I laughed and they responded with oh you’re one of those, a Collingwood supporter? To which I just said yep and for the record yesterday was brilliant!

Poor guy doesn’t even follow Carlton. The hate is strong in some people.
When they hate us again means we’re doing good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm. Carlton have Sydney, Melbourne, Essendon and Gold Coast over the next month. I'd expect they lose the middle two of those and maybe the last. If so, they're on 5 1/2 wins after 14 rounds -- nine rounds left and probably needing to win seven of those to make finals. Pure speculation but, boy, it could get interesting.
I’m an optimist, backing them to loose all of those

Hi guys, im a wannabee photographer, these are my shots from near the cheer squad for yesterdays match:

I would crop out those shots that have crowd heads in them. A fair few with furry head/hair. These do your talent an injustice.
I would also start to back your judgement and sort through the “sequence” shots that have the same play in various situations just seconds apart. You have a great eye, use it to pick the best of these sequences and only publish them.
Apart from that you have talent and can take a great, sharp shot.
Good luck.

Yesterday’s win was a coaching victory imo. Both panels prepared their teams and in a quarter we dismantled their game plan while they didn’t lay a glove on ours. So much so that after quarter time carlton opted turn the game into a scrap and grind out an honourable loss rather than try to win. That’s throwing in the towel.

The scoreboard might not reflect it but fly and co pulled their pants down. The take outs I got were that our coaches prepared our side beautifully. While Voss went the honourable loss route early as he knows he’s one smashing away from being given the arse.

I would crop out those shots that have crowd heads in them. A fair few with furry head/hair. These do your talent an injustice.
I would also start to back your judgement and sort through the “sequence” shots that have the same play in various situations just seconds apart. You have a great eye, use it to pick the best of these sequences and only publish them.
Apart from that you have talent and can take a great, sharp shot.
Good luck.
thankyou, much appreciated

I reckon the cap on rotations plays a huge part in this. Back in 2010 we would be upwards of 120+ rotations which kept players fresh, allowing us to put the foot down for longer.

With a cap of 75 i think there are times when tempo footy is required. We would all love to see us win every quarter, every week but as long as keep building solidly into the back half the year, then by finals time we'll be hitting our straps. It's a long season.
Funny how the interchange cap makes the game slower not quicker like was advertised.

Funny how the interchange cap makes the game slower not quicker like was advertised.
It was supposed to make it slower.

More fatigued players means more goals.

That was the idea as far as I recall it.

The cap was brought in to slow the game down allegedly to “help reduce soft tissue and impact injuries”.

The reality was that they didn’t like the look of players constantly coming off and on

What makes the whole thing stupid is that higher rotations lead to a faster more attacking game. Which also happens to be what the AFL wants

But then a team as fit as us would have an even bigger advantage if they upped the rotations lol. It’s partly why they brought the cap in in the first place.

Any time Collingwood has even a slight perceived advantage, rule change comes in.

Clement? Hands in the back
High rotations? Cap them
Ginnivan doing a Selwood? Change the interpretation

No team causes rule changes like we do

Remove this Banner Ad

Back