Toast Round 10 = Carlton 57-85 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I really wish people would stop dismissing players like this with such ease

Like, I'm not sure how Frampton hasn't shown everyone what a player can become in our environment?

I honestly prefer to see the best a player has produced (even if only for one game) and then back our environment to get that (or close to it) on a consistent basis. It's why I still wish we got Weideman from Melbourne. Even now.

History is littered with players who were destined for the scrap heap and seen as having no value, only to arrive in an environment that clicks with them, given a role that suits them and they become a revelation.

We've all seen De Koning play some pretty damn good football and I'd like to believe that at Collingwood, he's a better chance of reaching his potential than he is at Carlton. I personally suspect he's already told Carlton he's leaving (probably for bloody Geelong) which is why he's playing in the VFL. Because given how bad Carlton are playing, I doubt he could be much worse than some of what's been running around in the seniors.
Look, I understand your sentiment of how our environment might get the best out of a player, but Weideman was playing under one of, if not the best development coach in the league in Mark Williams while at Melbourne and showed nothing. He’s playing at a club now that took Wright from a GC reject to being a 50 goal key forward and B&F winner, and he’s still showing nothing.
Some players are a lost cause. Weideman is one of them, as is our own Will Kelly.

Could "they toyed with us!!!!" become the new "right in front of me!"??

A serious good rant, l heard it live, laughed so much
Ah Carlton please never change

Look, I understand your sentiment of how our environment might get the best out of a player, but Weideman was playing under one of, if not the best development coach in the league in Mark Williams while at Melbourne and showed nothing. He’s playing at a club now that took Wright from a GC reject to being a 50 goal key forward and B&F winner, and he’s still showing nothing.
Some players are a lost cause. Weideman is one of them, as is our own Will Kelly.

Hey, we're gonna unleash Kelly on prelim final day.....!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm talking as a coach. Just catching the replay. Vossy is sitting in the box with the most helpless look on his face the entire game. He's so far out of his depth as a coach. At least Nathan took us to a GF and was an umpiring decision away from being a Premiership Coach.
Is the helpless look worse than Bucks's post game press conferences from 2015-2017 when he just read out stats and talked about being nutted in the contest.

I'll raise you Williams, Martin, Gov, Fisher, Marchbank,Dow, Plowman and O'Brien and thats even the extent of it. It's the exact reason they are in the position they are in.
Did Zach Williams die? I can't remember the last time I saw him play. He's not overrated though - seriously good player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back