Preview Round 10 - Carlton v St Kilda, Sunday 26 May 2019, 3.20pm @ Marvel Stadium - Final Team - Post #828

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I liked Harker's post - because I agree that perhaps some people have assumed a lot about what exactly Kennedy was 'liking' - maybe they have all forgotten that he and Mr Falau were team mates at GWS - and it was as simple as that....

Well I liked Harker's post - because I agree that perhaps some people have assumed a lot about what exactly Kennedy was 'liking' - maybe they have all forgotten that he and Mr Falau were team mates at GWS - and it was as simple as that....

You don't have to like anything of mine, but this happens all the time.
Evidence comes secondary to having a good old fashioned hanging.

Ridiculous just how easily we want to be seen as good people, even when we're actually 'hanging' another. :) Crazy.

It seems this will be the way given the way the week has played out.

Really keen to see how the players react to the 'open' talk.
Would love to have heard Cripps & docherty in tandem, running the show.

Im sure there will be a positive reaction.

Both scream leadership, i image a-lot of tension would have been removed and only left a desire to compete -- hopefully.

I remember Kennedy played a little block of games halfway through last year where his ankle was OK (although it wasn't great). I went to the game and could not believe how physical he was around the contest when trying to lay blocks for Cripps. I think we've missed that sort of aggression this year and that's why I'm excited, just hope he has a crack.

Yep, agreed - I thought Cripps played some of his best, most dynamic football last year when Kennedy was alongside him. Kennedy did a lot of selfless, unfashionable grunt work, of the sort that doesn't look great on paper, but I reckon Crippa would've loved and appreciated it more than anyone.

I dearly hope Kennedy gets a decent shot at cementing a spot - fingers crossed that his body holds up and gives him every chance.

You see. You can't explain, discuss or think something through....Just attack the poster.
Tell me what evidence has come about for you to state being proud of the club had have they suspended Kennedy for liking a tweet.
What have you got Prince? Look forward to the answer.....You do have an answer, don't you. or doesn't that matter?

Maybe you just want your vacuum 'liked' Is that it?

Holy s**t, Harks, relax bud.

Where did he say "If it was a suspension, I'm proud of the club provided they didn't make any effort to discuss the issue with the player involved"?

You'd assume any internal, club-mandated suspension would come with an in-depth conversation about the how and why and what to do/not do in future. I'd certainly hope that, regardless of whether there was a suspension from AFL selection or not, there was a discussion with Matt about being very careful about what he associates himself with online, based on both the impact to other parties, as well as the risks posed to Matt himself. The club should be tolerant and inclusive of all faiths and beliefs, but equally, club personnel should refrain from publicly associating themselves (and thereby the club) with anything that even remotely looks like intolerance and discrimination.

If Kennedy does share Folau's beliefs in respect to the specific tweet, I think a club suspension from AFL selection (but not VFL) represents a pretty light penalty given what happened to Folau himself. No player deserves a suspension for holding certain beliefs, but I'm sure there would be codes of conduct written into player contracts that would be designed to discourage players from promoting or participating in public discrimination of people based on race, gender, sexual orientation, religion etc. etc.

If Kennedy can reproduce those contested and clearance numbers in the seniors it will help us out big time and cement his spot, fingers crossed.

“In his three VFL games, Kennedy has averaged 22 disposals (14 contested), nine clearances and four tackles per game.
It is not really the 30 plus disposals a game that he should be getting at this level. It is optimistic to think that he would exceed his VFL numbers in the 1s.

But here's hoping. I had high expectations when he came across and we need him to come on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure I would go that far.

I reckon Jones is the biggest loss followed by Williamson Docherty & Simpson
I don't often pick you up Soapy.
But probably a bit premature to put Williamson in that category. He has great potential, but will need some time to get back to that strong, confident running defender. He needs to earn his stripes again for mine.

What I love most about BamBam’s call up to the seniors is that Diesel is teaching him. View attachment 679533
Go matty don’t try and do to much just get the ball out and tackle like a demon don’t let them steamroll shrug or baulk you take them down hard lm glad you’re back and smash Cripps tag every oppurtunity👍

Really important stretch of 4 games coming up. However we're showing some outstanding signs and if a little bit of luck goes our way I can see us losing all four and comfortably on our way to yet another glorious spoon. Don't stuff this up boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back