Preview Round 10 - Carlton v St Kilda, Sunday 26 May 2019, 3.20pm @ Marvel Stadium - Final Team - Post #828

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Sylvian

Club Legend
May 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
got to say I agree with Charlie in the guts. He seriously needs to get his hands on the football. He's got the aerobic ability to run. He can provide a marking target around the ground and i just feel he needs to get into the contest at close quarters. We know he can be a star. He has got to get his hands on the footy. At the moment he has been starved of opportunity because our midfield is getting smashed at the center bounce. Cripps getting tagged heavily and no big bodies at the bounce to support him. That's why players like Charlie and Kennedy are important at the center bounce. Let SPS,Dow , Fisher, Cunningham run outside the contest. Also Let Ed Curnow to set himself to put a hard tag if its necessary on their opposing midfield. I reckon the defense and forward lines will look after themselves. Its all about the inside work around the ground and at center bounces
Charlie may well get a run through the midfield but i fear he is going through something similar to jacob last year

Bluemantra

Debutant
Mar 26, 2011
Geelong
AFL Club
Carlton
Charlie may well get a run through the midfield but i fear he is going through something similar to jacob last year
Jacob did lose confidence when he got hurt. He lost his ability to to impose himself on the contest. Its a bit harder to get that back when you are one on one in a defensive contest. Waiting for the result of whats happening up the field. But on the ball you are in it all nearly all the time with no time to think about it. charlie needs to immerse himself in the game

murphster

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Steelers,Dodgers,Casey Stoner
Disappointed Setterfield was dropped, otherwise side looks strong.
Wouldn't of minded seeing Lang in the side but can see the bigger picture in making sure he strings at least a couple of big games together.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Think that’s what the MC would have been thinking re Lang, plus the fact he played mainly as an inside mid in his last game, it will be interesting to see if they leave him there this week or play him in his usual roles on the wing, hb or hf. I wouldn’t mind giving him an extended run in the guts and see if he maintains a decent level.

David Sylvian

Club Legend
May 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Jacob did lose confidence when he got hurt. He lost his ability to to impose himself on the contest. Its a bit harder to get that back when you are one on one in a defensive contest. Waiting for the result of whats happening up the field. But on the ball you are in it all nearly all the time with no time to think about it. charlie needs to immerse himself in the game
Id love to see it BM has all the skills

Bluemantra

Debutant
Mar 26, 2011
Geelong
AFL Club
Carlton
Think that’s what the MC would have been thinking re Lang, plus the fact he played mainly as an inside mid in his last game, it will be interesting to see if they leave him there this week or play him in his usual roles on the wing, hb or hf. I wouldn’t mind giving him an extended run in the guts and see if he maintains a decent level.
Any support that hard mature bodied players in the center and in close has got to help Cripps. This has got to happen. He is hurting in the contests he has had to launch himself to and i'm sure mentally. He must be getting tired. They have to help him. No if or buts. He is a champion and he needs help from the club

cfc4life

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Gonna be two games clear on the bottom today. Would want to get a win or two pretty soon. Can't handle another spoon.

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
Gonna be two games clear on the bottom today. Would want to get a win or two pretty soon. Can't handle another spoon.

I'm an eternal optimist, but not sure how things will turn out if we cop another heavy loss (against an awful St Kilda) and find ourselves two games down and percentage from the rest of the competition.

cfc4life

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm an eternal optimist, but not sure how things will turn out if we cop another heavy loss (against an awful St Kilda) and find ourselves two games down and percentage from the rest of the competition.
Yep. No sugar coating it if we are this far behind the rest of the comp.

We'll respond after last week for sure. Whether its good enough to get the 4 points is another story.

Our good enough IS good enough mark my words.

36 point win coming up HBF man!

Both games on FTA tomorrow feel like all my christmas’s have come at once, won’t be leaving my house under any circumstances, if the house catches on fire they can ****in work around me.😌

I hate you …..

It aint here :( :(* :( :( ********

Attachments

• 1558767032264.png
    1558767032264.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 165
May 2, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Going to the well for the second time in 3 weeks. Cripps promised a response after the North game and we got it. This week the coaches got "kicked out of the room" for a deep and meaningful amongst the players. Preferred that type of stuff wasnt for public consumption, but here we are expecting another strong response.

For the first time I fear for Bolton. A lot of pressure is looming, and expectations are high. I think St Kilda are ready. A real circuit breaker is coming up this Sunday one way or another. Hopefully it's the right way.

Bluemantra

Debutant
Mar 26, 2011
Geelong
AFL Club
Carlton
Going to the well for the second time in 3 weeks. Cripps promised a response after the North game and we got it. This week the coaches got "kicked out of the room" for a deep and meaningful amongst the players. Preferred that type of stuff wasnt for public consumption, but here we are expecting another strong response.

For the first time I fear for Bolton. A lot of pressure is looming, and expectations are high. I think St Kilda are ready. A real circuit breaker is coming up this Sunday one way or another. Hopefully it's the right way.
To have someone like Cripps captaining the club at a time like now is amazing. We are lucky to have him at carlton . Cometh the moment cometh the man! He can't do it alone. We need all onboard and some tough nuts alongside him. Let's see who put their hands up for this. It is truly s line in the sand time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back