Preview Round 10 - Carlton v St Kilda, Sunday 26 May 2019, 3.20pm @ Marvel Stadium - Final Team - Post #828

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems so but would be rather odd to take him as the travelling emergency if so .
Tis strange very strange .

yep - that is the fair point PrinceCharles is making - and I like you am thinking 'weird' ...

Only issue with that is it actually equates to one less midfield rotation and too many defenders.

I would keep Gibbons in and take Stocker out instead. We don't need him with Simmo coming back in.

Overall these INS should make our team far stronger, certainly our 22's average age and games played goes up a decent amount.
I’d give both Gibbons and Stocker managed time in the 2nds together with O’Brien, Macreadie and perhaps Dow. All too skinny & inexperienced.

Statement time... Charlie out for Kerr at least minimum!

Out: Charlie, Murphy, Lob, macreadie
In: Kerr, Kennedy, Garlett, Fasolo

Charlie out doesn't make a statement.

In fairness to Charlie, the supply wasn't really there today.

We were smashed in the middle. Unfortunately we're Cripps or bust at the moment. That's the reality of the situation.

Given nobody tried too hard today they should be cherry ripe to front up next week in not only a winnable but must win game.

I wouldn’t change too much other than to look at O’Brien and Macreadie. Murphy a potential forced change. The rest should be prepared to suck up today’s result and unleash next week. They’re better than today and can demonstrate that next week.

If Murphy is out then finally Kennedy may get a crack. Hopefully Jones can take Macreadie’s spot. Then what to do with O’Brien?

Can win. Must win. Get it done.

Given nobody tried too hard today they should be cherry ripe to front up next week in not only a winnable but must win game.

I wouldn’t change too much other than to look at O’Brien and Macreadie. Murphy a potential forced change. The rest should be prepared to suck up today’s result and unleash next week. They’re better than today and can demonstrate that next week.

If Murphy is out then finally Kennedy may get a crack. Hopefully Jones can take Macreadie’s spot. Then what to do with O’Brien?

Can win. Must win. Get it done.

I think we tried very hard today.

It may not look like it but GWS played the possession game and held position covering the full width of the ground. This made it really hard to defend.

I think you'll find we did a lot of running. Unfortunately it was all defensive running.

No need for massive changes next week. Just the key players that would be considered starting 22.

Ins: Simpson, Jones, Plowman, Cuningham
Outs: Macreadie, Casboult, Walsh (rest/managed), Murphy (injured)

I know I'll get criticised for suggesting Walsh take a rest, but player management is important for first year players.

Wouldn't consider any other changes as the VFL opposition were not a very strong side. That may sound harsh on Frankston but every team is smashing them at the moment. That's the reality of the situation.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, it's the week where we were embarrassed. We will be smashed by the media, say we are embarrassed and have a honourable loss. Then all will be good with the world again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious question. What happens if this is another North melbourne/Gws level performance?

The only thing that can happen and will happen is media scrutiny and pressure mounts on Bolton.

I'd hate to be St Kilda this week. They'll be expecting us to respond.

We were smashed in the middle. Unfortunately we're Cripps or bust at the moment. That's the reality of the situation.
How much of this do we blame on the coaches deciding to take every other senior mid out of there?

They won't give curnow, murphy, thomas midfield minutes and instead keep throwing the kids in the deep end, they won't put a hard tag on an opposition mid or a blocker in to give cripps some time and space. Makes you wonder if we are trying to actually win games of football when we continue to throw the kids to the wolves and do nothing to react when they are getting out bodied and dominated by bigger bodies.

It's not about the supply etc although McKay managed to get 3 goals today

It's his lack of form, effort and overall attitude. Isn't working near hard enough and when he gets the ball just burns it.

Thought he looked better last week but back to brainless football today and didn't give a s**t attitude. I would have dropped him weeks ago as a kick up the ass.

Sends a message to everyone to loft their game as well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We will beat St Kilda if we play this team.

In: Cuningham, Jones, Kennedy, Garlett, Simpson
Out: Gibbons, Casboult, Murphy, Macreadie, E.Curnow

B: Marchbank---------------Jones----------------Simpson

H: Thomas-----------------Weitering-------------Newman

C: C.Curnow----------------Cripps----------------O'Brien

H: SPS---------------------McGovern------------Cuningham

F: Garlett-------------------McKay-----------------Fisher

Foll: Kreuzer, Setterfield, Kennedy

Bench: Stocker, Dow, Walsh, Silvagni
garlett out for Gibbons.
As Gibbons give far more efforts.

In Kennedy, Plowman, Jones, Simmo and cunners

Murphy (inj) LOB, Cas, Macreadie, and...Gibbo?

Plow - Jones - Thomas
Simmo - Weitering- Marchbank
Newman - Cripps - Ed.Curow
Dow - Charlie - McGovern
Jsos - McKay - Cunningham
Kruz - Kennedy - SPS
Setterfield- Walsh - Fisher - Stocker

Play Dow and Fisher off the half forward line.
Defence 100% more capable with the ins.

I’d play Newman further up the ground as he uses the ball better the most in our side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
id take out Dow, Stocker or Ed Curnow before Gibbo

Charlie won't be dropped but he was again pretty poor today, even despite his limited opportunity.
Not sure he hit a single target with his kicks all day.

McKay and McGovern both were able to have an impact and hit the scoreboard up forward in the same conditions as Charlie. Both were better than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back