Preview Round 10 - Carlton v St Kilda, Sunday 26 May 2019, 3.20pm @ Marvel Stadium - Final Team - Post #828

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very surprised Lang didn't make the extended squad this week.

I'm guessing a lot of it would be the fact he's still on the comeback trail from injury...MC might want to see him with a few good games first.

Plus despite getting 28 touches, i don't think he's fully fit...got those touches because he's too good for VFL, but didn't necessarily run a lot...looked gassed pretty early on. I'm expecting him to play in a few weeks as he builds fitness. Though personally i reckon he'd do better than Setterfield currently.

I'm guessing a lot of it would be the fact he's still on the comeback trail from injury...MC might want to see him with a few good games first.

Plus despite getting 28 touches, i don't think he's fully fit...got those touches because he's too good for VFL, but didn't necessarily run a lot...looked gassed pretty early on. I'm expecting him to play in a few weeks as he builds fitness. Though personally i reckon he'd do better than Setterfield currently.
Nail on head.

Plowman, Cuningham Setterfield and Kennedy form the bench?

Or does Stocker push one of the last two out.

Happy for the bench to be Plow, Cuners, Kennedy aaaaaaaaaand one of Stock or Fas.

I think it’s time for a Fas to have another go.

So Stock, Setters, Macreadie and Kerr as the E’s

What y’all think?

Agreed.

Would prefer Fas tbh as i just want more mature and experienced players in there. And we know Faz is capable of having an impact particularly up forward.

IN: Plow, Cunners, Kennedy, Faz, Simmo
OUT: Macreadie, LOB, Murphy, Setterfield, Stocker

Apart from Murphy, it's 4 kids out, 4 experienced players in which imo makes us immediately quite a lot better.
We weren't getting much out of those 4 kids and it just made us too inexperienced.

Would think cunners, plowman and stocker are the 3 definites. Have no idea who the 4th will be. Would think its Kennedy...but you know...
I hope Stocker stays in. Hasn't done much wrong since he has come in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its totally childish. What does that say about their atitude towards the intended audience. They must reckon everyone is even dumber then they are. Its a game of football and surely nobody with a brain will make decisions on coaches based off it between two teams that are not even at their mature stage yet. St. Kilda are closer yes but nevertheless still tryng to build something. We are basically the Carlton youth 18 still trying to get miles in legs. I agree about Maclure also. His Dinosaur ideas have no place.

Please tell me you are being sarcastic, because if you aren’t then just wow.

Nothing I hate more than when supporters of teams like ours who lose week after week start focusing their anger on the media for pointing out the obvious instead of focusing their anger at the bloody club and team that give the media the ammunition.

Bleat in about rebuilds all you like, by AFL is a competition based business seeking wins and not some ‘we’ll give you a participation trophy until you decide your rebuild is finished and then we’ll critique you’ so of course the media is going to focus on the coaches and which one will get even more heat on them this week if they deliver yet another loss.

Maybe if supporters like you held the club more accountable than you want to hold the media, the maybe we wouldn’t be 1-8 right now.

Nothing I hate more than when supporters of teams like ours who lose week after week start focusing their anger on the media for pointing out the obvious instead of focusing their anger at the bloody club and team that give the media the ammunition.

Bleat in about rebuilds all you like, by AFL is a competition based business seeking wins and not some ‘we’ll give you a participation trophy until you decide your rebuild is finished and then we’ll critique you’ so of course the media is going to focus on the coaches and which one will get even more heat on them this week if they deliver yet another loss.

Maybe if supporters like you held the club more accountable than you want to hold the media, the maybe we wouldn’t be 1-8 right now.

In the media are we?

Personally, I wanted more outs

Harrison Macreadie - he was unlucky in his 1st game back clearly not ready but still has the ability to rectify
Patrick Kerr - comes in for who? I want to see him play but for who?
Will Setterfield - probably should have played a couple of weeks in the 2s he needs form. but maybe we stick with him for now if not Kennedy is a must
Alex Fasolo - He has good energy around the ball and a stronger body we desperately need! deserves another chance
Liam Stocker - Definite play he has done more than plenty to keep his spot
Lachie Plowman - I'm sorry I just can't buy into him I have reasons*
Matthew Kennedy - I'm not sure what he doesn't do but it must be something. We need his body regardless also if Setterfield is dropped he is a must
David Cuningham - Definite play if he is fit, he makes our 22 no questions

I've tried to understand the team selections this year but I must admit I struggle, players in bad form need to go back to the 2s to find it! this is AFL!
Not going to name anybody out of the extended bench but I could..
Macreadie, Stocker, Cunningham, Kennedy all play
Kerr, Fasolo, Plowman, Setterfield sorry but back to the 2s
Just my opinion
E Curnow need to either need to play more mid or simply play better in the forward line he is getting a free ride at the moment
C Curnow, I had a crazy idea... Curnow as a loose backman.. roam around and jump at every ball, its just an idea and the more I think about it I think gee it's not a bad one.. think about every athletic forward who has gone in defence just think about it
Go Blues!

Dead serious mate. I dont buy into this doom and gloom.

That is a ridiculous premise on the last line of your post.
And what exactly is a supporter like me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back