Preview Round 10 - Carlton v St Kilda, Sunday 26 May 2019, 3.20pm @ Marvel Stadium - Final Team - Post #828

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue and Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 29, 2018
On the glory road
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton
And thats the real reason why supporters like you have an issue with the media pointing out the extremely obvious.

As you said, no amount of angry words on here make one iota of difference, but obviously the media hold more sway and god forbid enough pressure be applied to Bolton that the club eventually sees fit to act and remove him.

If I want the media to report one our success one day, I sure as hell have to accept their critiques when we deserve them tooo
Ahhh so thats it.....your trying to transfer your anger onto fellow posters so you can feel like your doing your bit for success.
Well good luck.

But for the record I repeat I dont care or take notice of media opinions on Carlton. Its their job to make stories but not mine to pay any heed to it. Nor the clubs. They will do whats required in the fullness of time as they have for a century and more.

Blue and Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 29, 2018
On the glory road
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton
I haven't a dog in this fight but if you rarely read a paper and don't watch the box, how are you able to make such a scathing assessment of the media, and (whether you like him or not) a Carlton legend like McClure?

This guy is hurting bad about the way the club is performing even if you don't agree with him.
First off I was responding to a post Alphonse made stating an opinion on media. I dont know what stories in particular. Carlton to Da bone decided to join in on that as he is fully entitled to. As to Maclure I know because what he said was read to me from a family members phone.
Not that I really need to say anything but I hope that helps....:cool:

PS when we win all the angst will vanish

blue healer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
wagga wagga
AFL Club
Carlton
First off I was responding to a post Alphonse made stating an opinion on media. I dont know what stories in particular. Carlton to Da bone decided to join in on that as he is fully entitled to. As to Maclure I know because what he said was read to me from a family members phone.

I don't have any angst.

PS I don't have any idea what Mclure wrote but have several times seen his disappointment on 360.

Macca43

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
A win against St Kilda featuring come back into form performances from Charlie/SPS in particular would be exactly what the Club and supporters would like to see. i don't think St Kilda have the on ball firepower to dominate for 4 quarters and I think we actually have them covered in terms of forward line potency. All eyes on Dow/Fisher and SPS to justify their starting on ball status after 2/3 shockers.

Would like to see Setterfield/Plowman/Stocker and Kennedy make the final cut on the bench for obvious reasons - to me anyway.
No Cuningham for you.

Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Not sure what Goddard has to do to get a run after last week's effort.
Not be treacle slow, immobile and have an excruciatingly slow hand to foot kicking action would be a start. He didn't dominate lowly Frankton. He's not commanding the back line, if the decision is between he and cas then cas gets the nod for his ability to help in the ruck. Every day of the week.

Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
I just got off the phone to Bolts, he let me in on a few secrets. He is thinking of naming Fasolo, Kerr, Macreadie and one other for Sundays game. I asked if he was concerned with the lack of pressure these guys would provide seeing as we are last for pressure and tackling. He just said he is under enough pressure to satisfy everyone.

Confused, i hung up the phone and thought to myself. Why didn't you say, please pick Cuningham, Kennedy, Plowman and 1 of Stocker or Setters. After last weeks effort, i would love for this week to be about winning at all costs, if that means dropping Stocker or Macradie for the more experienced Plowman then so be it

Macca43

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
How do you drop our second highest possession winners from last week?
6 turnovers maybe?
Setterfield had just 1 less possession does that make him safe as well?

If so Kennedy misses out again.

TBH I don't know which way the MC will go but assuming Plowman and Cuningham come in only 2 of those 3 can play.

Blues90

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
6 turnovers maybe?
Setterfield had just 1 less possession does that make him safe as well?

If so Kennedy misses out again.

TBH I don't know which way the MC will go but assuming Plowman and Cuningham come in only 2 of those 3 can play.
If play stocker over setterfield has a higher cieling .. kicks well of both feet a good inside outside player

It won't

Blutopia

All Australian
Nov 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Please tell me you are being sarcastic, because if you aren’t then just wow.

Nothing I hate more than when supporters of teams like ours who lose week after week start focusing their anger on the media for pointing out the obvious instead of focusing their anger at the bloody club and team that give the media the ammunition.

Bleat in about rebuilds all you like, by AFL is a competition based business seeking wins and not some ‘we’ll give you a participation trophy until you decide your rebuild is finished and then we’ll critique you’ so of course the media is going to focus on the coaches and which one will get even more heat on them this week if they deliver yet another loss.

Maybe if supporters like you held the club more accountable than you want to hold the media, the maybe we wouldn’t be 1-8 right now.
Yeah but the answer in most cases is not to sack the coach.

The media was calling for Hardwick and Buckley’s sacking not too long ago and now they have a love affair with them both.

The reality is that media is always looking for headlines and will stop at nothing to get them. They hype up and over sensationalise everything to get the masses attention and if you are level headed and able to look at a situation holistically whilst removing the emotion out of it - you don’t get sucked in by their game.

What you need to ask yourself is, ‘would Bolton be under the pump if we got over the line in Suns, Hawks and Pues games?’ Answer is clearly ‘No’ and they would have just found someone else to attack and focus their negative energy on.

Maybe they should talk more about how good the game we follow is and the positives rather than looking for a coach to be sacked or raving on about rule changes not working... but they can’t help it, because most of them lack a true soul.

If play stocker over setterfield has a higher cieling .. kicks well of both feet a good inside outside player
Inside, outside, upside down player?

Macca43

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Not sure Stocker has a higher ceiling than Setterfield (Kennedy yes) but I could live with going that way, although if we a brining in 2 defenders and Stocker has been playing in one of their spots I could also see Stocker going out. Will be an interesting call.

BlueView

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Can’t see wholesale changes

My guess is : In Cunningham, Plowman, Simpson

Outs Murphy, Lob, Macreadie

If SPS gets up, Kennedy misses out again.

Spanner in the works could be Fasolo for a Casboult or Gibbons

My opinion: ide like to persevere with Setterfield and Stocker. Gibbons makes way for Kennedy.

Blue and Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 29, 2018
On the glory road
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton
We can but hope Metal
Yeah but the answer in most cases is not to sack the coach.

The media was calling for Hardwick and Buckley’s sacking not too long ago and now they have a love affair with them both.

The reality is that media is always looking for headlines and will stop at nothing to get them. They hype up and over sensationalise everything to get the masses attention and if you are level headed and able to look at a situation holistically whilst removing the emotion out of it - you don’t get sucked in by their game.

What you need to ask yourself is, ‘would Bolton be under the pump if we got over the line in Suns, Hawks and Pues games?’ Answer is clearly ‘No’ and they would have just found someone else to attack and focus their negative energy on.

Maybe they should talk more about how good the game we follow is and the positives rather than looking for a coach to be sacked or raving on about rule changes not working... but they can’t help it, because most of them lack a true soul.
I remember the days of CH7 world of sport...Jack Dyer in the truth.....Alf Brown in the herald etc etc . They pretty much proclaimed the love of the game nonstop and if there was nothing good to say they pretty much said nothing...todays lot cant even begin to understand that.
A celebration of the game it was in stark contrast to the denigration of all things that is so prevelant now.

Macca43

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Can’t see wholesale changes

My guess is : In Cunningham, Plowman, Simpson

Outs Murphy, Lob, Macreadie

If SPS gets up, Kennedy misses out again.

Spanner in the works could be Fasolo for a Casboult or Gibbons

My opinion: ide like to persevere with Setterfield and Stocker. Gibbons makes way for Kennedy.
Only the bench players are in doubt.

Dadda Dave

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
When he decides to turn up …. and quite frankly that was when he was played off half back (much to the disgust of many here), he had vision. As a HHF/C player ….NOPE.

At best HBF/Wing/Outside Mid.

Bryce needs time with ball in hand (Not contests)… then he was a damaging player. Still will be for the mud drinkers if they play him right.
Or maybe he just hates playing for that s**t stain of a club..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back