Preview Round 10 - Carlton v St Kilda, Sunday 26 May 2019, 3.20pm @ Marvel Stadium - Final Team - Post #828

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with stocker going out if simmo is back in...hes the logical out.

Na, leave him in and move him up the ground a bit more. Bit of grunt against youngish saints and he could have some impact.

Outs: Murphy, LOB, McCreadie, Casboult, Gibbons (or SPS if injured)
Ins: Kennedy, Simpson, Plowman, Jones, Cuningham

This St.Kilda team is not much chop. If we are fair dinkum we need to win after a week of serious soul searching. This 4 week block leaves no excuses for this group or coaching staff. Injuries won't be an excuse. talent won't be an excuse, and age won't be an excuse.
I'm confident the sky is not falling, but its time the coaching staff find some ways to win. I know its up to the players as well, but the coaching staff needs to unlock this. We as a club need to show signs now. Heaven help us if we don't!

Next four weeks leading into the bye very winnable on paper and all played in Victoria at marvel or mcg.

Imo I expect to win at least two of the four.

Lang in for Murphy.
Cunners in for LOB.
Polson in for Gibbons.
Kerr in for C Curnow
Jones in for Levi
Macreadie for Simpson.

Could seriously keep going.....

I honestly think Curnow has to go to the VFL it's not a bad game or two.
Lob is not AFL ready.
Gibbons goes out or plays midfield. He isn't a forward.
Jones has to come back in if fit as does Simpson.
Reports on Lang suggest he deserves a crack.

Not even going to bother saying Kennedy as he seems to be blacklisted at the moment.

Na, leave him in and move him up the ground a bit more. Bit of grunt against youngish saints and he could have some impact.

Outs: Murphy, LOB, McCreadie, Casboult, Gibbons (or SPS if injured)
Ins: Kennedy, Simpson, Plowman, Jones, Cuningham

Not sure why so many people so desperate to keep stocker in.

He's inexperienced and by most reports lacks the fitness to play midfield right now. Can't expect him to do well playing forward either when he hasn't trained or played there.

We need a win.
Simmo comes in and replaces stocker.

Watching this game, then sitting through a replay, reminded me of the way I felt while watching the Blues in a game in the early 2000's against North; on a dreary afternoon with dark clouds overhead where we got smashed mercilessly. But at least in that game I went home with some hope, albeit false, after watching Lawrence Angwin slot a torp from the boundary line. There was nothing positive in this game. Simply a s**t performance.

personally I'd go..

IN: Jones, Simpson, Kennedy, Cunningham, Plowman
OUT: Murphy, LOB, Setterfield, Stocker, Casboult

LOB, Setterfield & Stocker are all players of the future, but a few weeks in the 2's will be good for their confidence right now.

I like it except you'd also replace macreadie with someone like Lang otherwise too many defenders in the team.

Macreadie another who isn't quite afl ready.

Four young guys out for more experienced players will certainly help.

Not sure why so many people so desperate to keep stocker in.

He's inexperienced and by most reports lacks the fitness to play midfield right now. Can't expect him to do well playing forward either when he hasn't trained or played there.

We need a win.
Simmo comes in and replaces stocker.
Has a crack

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Watching this game, then sitting through a replay, reminded me of the way I felt while watching the Blues in a game in the early 2000's against North; on a dreary afternoon with dark clouds overhead where we got smashed mercilessly. But at least in that game I went home with some hope, albeit false, after watching Lawrence Angwin slot a torp from the boundary line. There was nothing positive in this game. Simply a **** performance.

I thought JSOS Newman and Hmac did well.

I thought JSOS Newman and Hmac did well.
TBH i don't blame the players. they're on a hiding to nothing. If you know the opposition are going to muscle you in the middle and at contests, select a more mature side ffs; he has those types of players sitting in the VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just realised I've been posting in wrong thread. i need a rest.

Ok thirty minute coffee break, but please come back refreshed and ready to adhere to the high standards demanded by this board.

Whilst our on-field performances may sometimes be lacking, we consistently set the standards on bf. Other boards can only dream of the sublime lace-out 4 quarter quality delivered in here.

PS - make it a strong cuppa because our punctuation and grammar police will accept nothing less than silk.

Thank SOS we picked up Newman. Not quite a Doc replacement, but better than we were entitled to expect.

I like Newman …. not a bad player … actually been quite impressed overall.

TBH i don't blame the players. they're on a hiding to nothing. If you know the opposition are going to muscle you in the middle and at contests, select a more mature side ffs; he has those types of players sitting in the VFL.

Lang and Kennedy surely come in. Need more maturity around the ball.

Kennedy was emergency which means he was close anyway, while Lang was our best mid in the VFL and got 28 disposals.
With numerous mids having poor games and looking tired, plus Murphy's injury, the time is now for them to play.

We're due for a response, I reckon.

In: Jones, Cuningham, Plowman, Simpson, Lang, Kennedy
Out: Casboult, Gibbons, Macreadie, O'Brien, Murphy, Setterfield

Jones for Casboult is obvious.
Cuningham for Gibbons is obvious.
Plowman for Macreadie is obvious.
Simpson for O'Brien is obvious.
Lang for Murphy if unable to get up.

Kennedy for Setterfield is the difficult one. Someone has to go out for a bigger body through the midfield. Setterfield is a player for the future but he is extremely ineffective as a midfielder right now. If Kennedy doesn't throw the body in, he is straight out of the team.
Don't think you can doubt Kennedy's attack at the ball it's whether he can get close to running out the game sufficiently missed some important game time recently, there would have to be some slight question marks with that.
I like the idea in theory providing he's good to go , think it's time for him to support Cripps inpaticular and the other kids who aren't physically ready yet with large spells through there against the bigger bodies, Lang is in a similar position has he done enough in his games through the VFL to prove that he's ready even though he had 28 on the weekend, do we bite the bullet with him? maybe it's time to find out...

Lang and Kennedy surely come in. Need more maturity around the ball.

Kennedy was emergency which means he was close anyway, while Lang was our best mid in the VFL and got 28 disposals.
With numerous mids having poor games and looking tired, plus Murphy's injury, the time is now for them to play.
Hindsight suggests that the time to play them has, to some extent, come and gone. Playing them now is something that even a dumb footy novice like me can anticipate as a necessity. This is it, the next 4 or 5 games is where its all at; and TBH I'm glad. No more close ones, anything but wins in majority of this next block of half dozen or so games and there will likely be change.

Line in the sand game, Saints usually play unsocial footy against us & enjoy it.....time we turned the tables.

Sick of us losing nicely, the players need to get some spine & show something.

I don't think losing hurts our players enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back