Preview Round 10: Changes v Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

And Brad Crouch got similar numbers last year when he was dropped back to the SANFL. People are making far too much of a 38 disposal game. Disposals are probably one of the least important KPIs the club uses when assessing a player's performance. Supporters obsess about them, the club sees other KPIs (which the regular supporters can't access) as being far more important.

Personally, I think Wigg's cards were marked after his diabolical showing in the JLT series. I think it would take a minor miracle for him to be on an AFL list in 2018.
Maybe. I would still argue a single possession is greater than Mackays travelling emergency stint. Did he go back and show the club some things he needed to work on? This is not a crack at Mackay....it is working out how the clubs works. The Bermuda Triangle is easier to understand.

He's basically saying that last week we weren't concerned about what Brisbane were going to dish up, so we could take a "risk" and debut Gallucci, ie. gift him an easy game. Now that we play Freo, who are in better form, Gallucci apparently won't stack up.

With the language coming from the club, I also doubt that Greenwood would've debuted last week had Menzel not been injured.

They basically dropped Jenkins and Mackay because we had an easy game next, and they could send a faux-message about being ruthless.

Pure lip service and bloody horrendous management.

The club really doesn't deserve any credit at this point.
I'm not a big bagger of selection usually, and I still don't think it's a game loser but it's extremely disappointing.

They use our win/loss as justification I'm sure, and to an extent they should. But really, you always learn more from your losses than your wins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This, from our coaching panel......

So Mackay is back in after not playing because he offers flexibility (wing, defence, forward and mid) but does all poorly to mediocre, was dropped for poor form, but actually wasn't that bad (even though he sucked balls). Apparently running up and down the wing without impacting the contest and without touching the ball much is important for our structure?????

Wigg has been playing well in the midfield in the SANFL, but didn't come in despite stringing a run of games together as instructed because he is up against our mid brigade (Crouches etc) so needs to add another string to his bow (like defence) which he played last year but not this year. Do the players choose where they play each week? FMD.

Gallucci came in for 'team balance' but is out this week because he's not good enough to play wing at AFL level (but Mackay is....poorly). But in the same breath for team balance and in a predicted 10-20 mm of rain, Otten would be better than a small/mobile player and JJ is back because he 'could' get a few Jo the gooses if we kick it over the defence's heads quickly??

Well if that isn't the shiniest turd I've ever seen!!

Never change AFC. :rolleyes:

This, from our coaching panel......

So Mackay is back in after not playing because he offers flexibility (wing, defence, forward and mid) but does all poorly to mediocre, was dropped for poor form, but actually wasn't that bad (even though he sucked balls). Apparently running up and down the wing without impacting the contest and without touching the ball much is important for our structure?????

Wigg has been playing well in the midfield in the SANFL, but didn't come in despite stringing a run of games together as instructed because he is up against our mid brigade (Crouches etc) so needs to add another string to his bow (like defence) which he played last year but not this year. Do the players choose where they play each week? FMD.

Gallucci came in for 'team balance' but is out this week because he's not good enough to play wing at AFL level (but Mackay is....poorly). But in the same breath for team balance and in a predicted 10-20 mm of rain, Otten would be better than a small/mobile player and JJ is back because he 'could' get a few Jo the gooses if we kick it over the defence's heads quickly??

Well if that isn't the shiniest turd I've ever seen!!

Never change AFC. :rolleyes:

Pyke got thsi one wrong, Wigg shoudl have been onl;y change

JJ can learn to toughen up and stop being so soft before being giving another craclk

The coaches are treating supporters like they are uneducated

Campo says that the committee felt that we were one runner short last week however this week we have omitted two runners and selected one tall and one runner, does this mean that this week we are two runners short?

Campo also said that DMac was selected on a needs basis as his run helps to match up on the wings against the Hill brothers, so is Campo saying that Gallucci can't lay wing and suddenly doesn't have this running athletic ability that the club have been bashing on about

Campo you are full of s**t

Campo says that the committee felt that we were one runner short last week however this week we have omitted two runners and selected one tall and one runner, does this mean that this week we are two runners short?

Campo also said that DMac was selected on a needs basis as his run helps to match up on the wings against the Hill brothers, so is Campo saying that Gallucci can't lay wing and suddenly doesn't have this running athletic ability that the club have been bashing on about

Clearly Pykes call, even Bickley called it tonight dont know why your blaming the lacky when the head man makes the call

By runner Campo means we were one Mackay short. As far as Campo is concerned Mackay is our only runner.

Clearly Pykes call, even Bickley called it tonight dont know why your blaming the lacky when the head man makes the call

Read my post didn't I open my post by saying "the coaches"?

If Pyke made the same statement then I would refer my comments to Pyke however in this case I am responding to Campo's statement

Mackay wasn't being managed though - Gallucci was.

Mackay wasn't dropped by accident. It was literally a case of last man selected misses out, and Mackay's poor form meant that he was the last man selected. But he wouldn't have been dropped at all if it weren't for the need to debut Gallucci in that particular game.

I don't want to get into an argument with you as to whether internally Mackay was explained what was going to happen. This up roar that has got most people upset is due to how the committee managed the whole process. Whilst they may have managed MacKay and Gouch they forgot to manage us supporters.

It's really hard to support this club right now , I'm actually happy with a loss and a reset

The medium term is more important than the short

They are building themselves up for another finals failure

The selection of JJ and Otto in same team in a night game expected to be greasy is just as bad if not worse - we should at least equally be focussing on this

Disappointing when we should be positive about top of the ladder with 4th youngest list

But just feels empty right now

I don't want to get into an argument with you as to whether internally Mackay was explained what was going to happen. This up roar that has got most people upset is due to how the committee managed the whole process. Whilst they may have managed MacKay and Gouch they forgot to manage us supporters.

We dont have a say in selection so it shouldnt matter, Pyke made the call he should explain himself if he feels he needs to

Remove this Banner Ad

Back