Autopsy Round 10: Changes v Port Adelaide - Oliver and Michie out, Jetta and Tyson back

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dare I say, if we win this week and knock off Hawthorn we WILL play finals.
If we win 4 of the next 5. Not seriously thinking it unless we go into the bye 9-5. That said, at 8-6 we would be a chance. Any less and we are done.

If we win 4 of the next 5. Not seriously thinking it unless we go into the bye 9-5. That said, at 8-6 we would be a chance. Any less and we are done.

Yep, have to beat Hawthorn or Sydney in the next few games and win all the others to be a chance.

This week and Hawthorn are huge games though, effectively a 8 point game against Port then we play Hawthorn who have traditionally destroyed us, will give a really good indicator to see just how far we've come against them.

A loss wouldn't be devastating but if we win you get the feeling it'll solidify some things.

Yep. A loss and we are 5-5 with an OKish start to the season, 6-4 and we're genuinely going somewhere.

Sounds silly putting so much emphasis on one game but I really expect us to beat Port, I think we've gone past them at a rate of knots and will show it on Saturday.

Yep. A loss and we are 5-5 with an OKish start to the season, 6-4 and we're genuinely going somewhere.

Sounds silly putting so much emphasis on one game but I really expect us to beat Port, I think we've gone past them at a rate of knots and will show it on Saturday.

God I hope so.. would be huge for us to knock off the power and give our players real belief we can finally best that team of criminals in the brown and yellow the week after

For those of you who follow the vagaries of the Squiggle, its tipping function has us losing to Port by 1 point...
Yeah but I don't know if the Squiggle accounts for a neutral venue in this case...

Even Todd Goldstein gets a week or 2 off each year.

Gawn had his first full preseason and it was a long one. He was up for quite a while, but looked like he could do with a refresh the last 2 weeks.
He had the flu last week.

Resting him for this game is utterly stupid, he will have a clear advantage and we should do everything we can to exploit it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Resting him for this game is utterly stupid, he will have a clear advantage and we should do everything we can to exploit it.

Yep! Agree.

Step 1. Win centre clearance
Step 2. Bomb it forward so it rolls out of bounds in the pocket.
Step 3. Throw in, Gawn wins tap
Step 4. Tap goes straight to Viney, Harmes, Vince, Kennedy, Jones, Petracca, Garlett et al.
Step 5. Goal
Step 6. Repeat

Yep! Agree.

Step 1. Win centre clearance
Step 2. Bomb it forward so it rolls out of bounds in the pocket.
Step 3. Throw in, Gawn wins tap
Step 4. Tap goes straight to Viney, Harmes, Vince, Kennedy, Jones, Petracca, Garlett et al.
Step 5. Goal
Step 6. Repeat
The bonus step is goaling from the centre clearance

Yep!
It is the one area we have a clear advantage over them so not sure why we'd risk giving that up by resting Gawn for Spencil!
In saying that, have definitely seen a shift in Port now expecting to lose the tap and their mids setting up accordingly.
They've looked better since adopting this approach rather than hoping Lobbe/Trengove win the odd tap.

Oliver and Trengove ruled out.

I reckon we will see Tyson & Jetta come in being the obvious ones, and then one of Grimes or Spencer to come in also.

Out: Oliver, Wagner and possibly Gawn (rest). Port just shark off the opposition ruckmen anyway so it may as well be Spence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back