Autopsy Round 10: Changes v Port Adelaide - Oliver and Michie out, Jetta and Tyson back

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
O-Mac won't go to Dixon, T-Mac will and despite what people think I think that T-Mac will do fine on him.
Yeah I probably didn't word that properly ... No way is O.Mac going to Dixon, was merely a comparison as he'd be the one to make way for Dunn who most would prefer. Keen to see him have a go on Westhoff tho.

Did anyone realise Schache was playing last week? No? That's because OMac pantsed him. Lost him once when the ball didn't bounce for him, and Schache kicked a behind. Otherwise has 5 disposals. He did look shaky with the ball, but I thought he got used to the speed of the game and looked better late

He'll be murdered by Dixon tho, and while I'd have preferred Dunn for his strength, he would still give away 10cm

OMac is interesting. Can definitely play as a one-on-one. Long term I think he is the answer at full back, but it's going to be 2-3 years.

TMac surely to Dixon, Garland to Westhoff? OMac could go to Young? Nev to pants Wingard.
Think that's about right. Wags the kicker and Hunt screaming down the wings like an F22.

I must admit, the more I look at them the more I like the two changes. I know lots were advocating 4 or so but the two are obvious swaps. Think we have the better midfield as long as we don't let them fist us on the transition.

Yep! Agree.

Step 1. Win centre clearance
Step 2. Bomb it forward so it rolls out of bounds in the pocket.
Step 3. Throw in, Gawn wins tap
Step 4. Tap goes straight to Viney, Harmes, Vince, Kennedy, Jones, Petracca, Garlett et al.
Step 5. Goal
Step 6. Repeat
Do we need the 6+ handballs in the forward 50 or is this more a loose guideline?

TBH the one I'm most worried about is Paul Stewart...captain of the Kent Kingsley Memorial Team. He'll probably slot a lazy 4.

Also Dougal Howard will probably get a run up forward, so O Mac is probably a good match up for him.

Do we need the 6+ handballs in the forward 50 or is this more a loose guideline?

I think thats more of a suspense builder.. they like to keep us on the edge. Since there will only be a few thousand at the game they should keep it more simple this week

TBH the one I'm most worried about is Paul Stewart...captain of the Kent Kingsley Memorial Team. He'll probably slot a lazy 4.

Also Dougal Howard will probably get a run up forward, so O Mac is probably a good match up for him.
Kinda depends where Trengove plays, I don't think they need him back. But if they do play him there then Dougle will play as number 1 ruck

When the diamond defence setup is not in place, it will be T.Mac to Dixon, O.Mac to Howard, Garland to Westhoff, Wagner to Young

Hinkley said in a presser that Trengove would still be #1 ruck with Howard as a forward, helping in the ruck

I would have thought Dunn would come in to match up on Dixon and Mcdonald takes Westhoff, so makes me nervous having Mcdonald play deep on Dixon and having either Garland or Oscar playing on Westhoff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do we keep believing in Dunn every week. i've given up hope, not on him as a player but him being selected because for some reason he makes our backline looked structured yet is sitting out every week, Somehow he went from bit/fringe player to rock in defence/best 22 back to bit/fringe player. I don't get it! Just play him ffs

Why do we keep believing in Dunn every week. i've given up hope, not on him as a player but him being selected because for some reason he makes our backline looked structured yet is sitting out every week, Somehow he went from bit/fringe player to rock in defence/best 22 back to bit/fringe player. I don't get it! Just play him ffs
+1 ... Just don't understand

That's why I didn't have him in mind as an 'in' - really think Dunn must've run over Roos' dog or something.

I know he had a pretty poor game St Kilda but he was hardly the only one.

He had the flu last week.

Resting him for this game is utterly stupid, he will have a clear advantage and we should do everything we can to exploit it.

If it was illness that had him looking like he could do with a rest, and he's over it, then fine.

There's nothing stupid about resting a player who needs a rest though.

I'm annoyed that Pedo hasn't got up for this week. Why was he out last week again? We were too short last week and despite Port's lack of ruckmen we could use an extra tall that isn't Dawes (named as emergency, shudder) this week.

I'm annoyed that Pedo hasn't got up for this week. Why was he out last week again? We were too short last week and despite Port's lack of ruckmen we could use an extra tall that isn't Dawes (named as emergency, shudder) this week.
Injured IIRC

Injured IIRC

He had the 'flu' last week, the coaches just don't seem to rate him.

Wonder if Jetta will get any recognition if he gives Wingard another pantsing this week, probably not. Relying on the McDonald brothers vs Dixon is playing with fire, and I have bad memories after we played Port back into form last year in this fixture.

Still, think we have improved enough and have the weapons to expose them. Dees by 22, Gawn BOG.

He had the 'flu' last week, the coaches just don't seem to rate him.

Wonder if Jetta will get any recognition if he gives Wingard another pantsing this week, probably not. Relying on the McDonald brothers vs Dixon is playing with fire, and I have bad memories after we played Port back into form last year in this fixture.

Still, think we have improved enough and have the weapons to expose them. Dees by 22, Gawn BOG.

Happy for Jetta to cruise under the radar until we resign him!

Dunn is a good player who is having a bad season. His output really isn't much better than Oscar, and our defence is still looking pretty 'structured' without him. Perhaps our defence is now so structured that he isn't pulling his weight? Also, Dunn is 1cm taller than Garland - but one is given the chance to play tall and the other isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back