Opinion Round 10 Changes vs. Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh end of last year he had that run with role that blakely now plays but played it very well and started to hit the scoreboard and rack up disposals. Not sure why they went away from that?
Blakely is bigger, faster and cleaner with his hands.

Should Ross try and shake things up a bit?

Move Weller into Langdon's position and bring in Ryan to cover for Weller. Will still have that accurate kicking out of half-back because from all reports Ryan is a really nice kick. We might lose Weller's speed, but gain some intercept marking. Which could be valuable against a strong Adelaide forwardline.

Could also drop Tabs and bring in both Griff and Darcy. Give Darcy a taste of AFL. This one I'm less sure on because Tabs has been performing well so far.

Interesting idea. I wonder whether two positional changes will be more disruptive though that a like-for-like replacement? Has Ryan had much opportunity to train with the current back 6? I would think his readiness and ability to slot into a functioning backline would be more important than his individual skill (if that makes sense)

Griffin did an interview at the Carlton game where he said he was excited to pull on the indigenous round guernsey against Adelaide and I joked that he would be doing so from his lounge room. Little did I know.
So that confirms this was preplanned for Aaron to take a break and the "Hamstring" is just an excuse

I have a feeling that Ibbo will be on notice this weekend.

In: Griffin, Sheridan
Out: Sandi, Langdon

Do you think that's why Blakely has been given the role? To take him to the ball while also allowing him to be damaging offensively
I think he has that role because he has the athletic ability to match it with any opposition mid, but now he also has the fitness for it.

Been told Spurr is struggling to get up and won't play.
giphy.gif

Nyhuis or Ryan come on down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or Weller. He has the jets to go with Betts. Does he have the defensive mindset?
I don't know if Eddie would be able to cope with a few hard contests with Grey. I'm liking the sound of Grey v Betts more and more. Don't think Weller is a good enough defender.

Also I don't think Spurr is the type of player to play through injury, not disbelieving the source, but would doubt if he missed if it was only a niggle.

Apart from last season when the service was excellent and extremely regular because our team was horrible, Betts has a pretty average record against Freo. I expect Spurr would have been the match up a few times.

If Betts kick a bag it will be due to the midfield being beaten.

Judging by a few of his efforts in defense against the Tigers, no. Eddie will tear him apart.

To be fair, Eddie will probably kick 3+ on most defenders anyway.

I like the idea of putting Gray on him (although we'll miss Grays forward pressure) simply because Gray will make it physical which would be fun to see Betts under pressure. Plus it'll be an indigenous boy on an indigenous boy which gives it a story in the context of the wider game.

More likely - we'll possibly see Ryan or Nyhuis in for Spurr

Is nyhuis any good? I haven't seen a lot of Peel but what I have seen he looks WAFL standard.

Apart from last season when the service was excellent and extremely regular because our team was horrible, Betts has a pretty average record against Freo. I expect Spurr would have been the match up a few times.

If Betts kick a bag it will be due to the midfield being beaten.

Yep, like most forwards if we let them waltz it in they'll kick a cricket score.

Big game for Neale, Fyfe and co.

Is nyhuis any good? I haven't seen a lot of Peel but what I have seen he looks WAFL standard.
Really? I see a shut down defender who can play on small and medium forwards with nice skills. He just doesn't get enough of the ball.

Really want to see Nyhuis get a game or 5 this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back