Opinion Round 10 Changes vs. Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's pretty clear we shouldn't be dropping Hughes anytime soon :) But not so good that we won't have Sandi this weekend :(

2405_withORwithout_729px.png
I absolutely agree, West Coast are definitely far more formidable when Butler and Jetta play.:darts:

Last edited:
It's a shame they've settled on Griffin already, would have been the perfect chance to give Darcy a taste of what's required at the top level.

And it's not like it would have been lacking in 'selection integrity', he's been playing pretty well in the WAFL.

It's a shame they've settled on Griffin already, would have been the perfect chance to give Darcy a taste of what's required at the top level.

And it's not like it would have been lacking in 'selection integrity', he's been playing pretty well in the WAFL.
I havent seen Mr. Darcy play in the flesh yet, but something tells me he wont be able to keep up with Jacobs for 4 qtrs in a high paced AFL level game just yet...

I havent seen Mr. Darcy play in the flesh yet, but something tells me he wont be able to keep up with Jacobs for 4 qtrs in a high paced AFL level game just yet...

Yeah but I'm penciling this in as a loss anyway... even before Sandi was out.

Though I said that about Richmond too, so what do I know.

Thought we had a very slight sneaky chance of causing an upset, Sandi out takes that away

Out - Sandilands, Langdon
In - Griffin, Tucker

Though I hope we play Ryan instead of Tucker, I think he'd impact games more right now

Logic dictates Sheridan is probably in for Langdon due to being the superior 'emergency' selection.

Although that doesn't overwhelm me - no Suban is no Suban.

Should Ross try and shake things up a bit?

Move Weller into Langdon's position and bring in Ryan to cover for Weller. Will still have that accurate kicking out of half-back because from all reports Ryan is a really nice kick. We might lose Weller's speed, but gain some intercept marking. Which could be valuable against a strong Adelaide forwardline.

Could also drop Tabs and bring in both Griff and Darcy. Give Darcy a taste of AFL. This one I'm less sure on because Tabs has been performing well so far.

Move Weller into Langdon's position and bring in Ryan to cover for Weller. Will still have that accurate kicking out of half-back because from all reports Ryan is a really nice kick. We might lose Weller's speed, but gain some intercept marking. Which could be valuable against a strong Adelaide forwardline.

Could also drop Tabs and bring in both Griff and Darcy. Give Darcy a taste of AFL. This one I'm less sure on because Tabs has been performing well so far.
I thought both options could work.

Young Sean has kicked 6.4 in the last 2 weeks at Peel.

Unfortunately Tabs has done nothing wrong, and deserves to keep his spot. So we'll have to wait a bit longer to see Mr Darcy in Purple.

Will be interested to see the selections tomorrow afternoon.

Either that or as Unique Name suggested, move Sutcliffe to the wing and bring in Ryan as a HBF. Would be good to see the combination of Weller and Ryan bringing it out of the backline, although Weller has burned it a little bit lately.

Happy to see Griff get a gig. Hope he smashes it. Darcy's time will come.

I make it 6 wins from the last 7 games and sitting equal 3rd on the ladder...I don't know Ross from a bar of soap but to shake things up against that backdrop, personally I don't think so.

Interesting that we're resting the big gun and Langdon for this match - they probably could have laboured on for another week. Not to say we're throwing this is in any way, but it appears Ross and Co. have tempered their expectations for this bout; and probably want the boys fresh for the very winnable games against Collingwood and Brisbane before the bye.

If that's the case I don't mind - would be thrilled to take 8-4 coming into the bye if such a thing is possible.

Salty Darcy doesn't get a run. We must get him a game or 2 this year, don't care if his fitness isn't there yet.

I'd be inclined to bring in Collins for Igbo. Allows us to better handle the Crows talls and Johnno/Tabs can both chop him out.

I asked the Peel watchers if he'd debut. Sounds like despite him exceeding expectations by a large margin he's still a while off it. Probably isn't AFL fit yet, especially against a great ruckman in Jacobs. Griff will do alright.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either that or as Unique Name suggested, move Sutcliffe to the wing and bring in Ryan as a HBF. Would be good to see the combination of Weller and Ryan bringing it out of the backline, although Weller has burned it a little bit lately.

Happy to see Griff get a gig. Hope he smashes it. Darcy's time will come.

I've said it before but I reckon Sutcliffe would be a decent player up the ground. Would be good to see him given a chance at attacking without having to be as accountable for his man.

I've said it before but I reckon Sutcliffe would be a decent player up the ground. Would be good to see him given a chance at attacking without having to be as accountable for his man.

There are potentially a few players in the team like that. They get pigeon-holed as defenders like Sheridan, Sutcliffe and even Weller and can't use there running abilities as much. I mean look how much better Walters performs in the midfield. Maybe it is time to give Luke Ryan a game.

There are potentially a few players in the team like that. They get pigeon-holed as defenders like Sheridan, Sutcliffe and even Weller and can't use there running abilities as much. I mean look how much better Walters performs in the midfield. Maybe it is time to give Luke Ryan a game.

Likely due to the heavy recent drafting of mids. The likes of Sheridan, Sutcliffe, Weller haven't been able to break into the starting midfield so we've kinda shoehorned them into other positions.

It's a reasonable strategy for their development of defensive accountability but it's arguably also been to our detriment at certain times (i.e. 2015 finals series).

Griffin did an interview at the Carlton game where he said he was excited to pull on the indigenous round guernsey against Adelaide and I joked that he would be doing so from his lounge room. Little did I know.

I asked the Peel watchers if he'd debut. Sounds like despite him exceeding expectations by a large margin he's still a while off it. Probably isn't AFL fit yet, especially against a great ruckman in Jacobs. Griff will do alright.

Yeah i'm not really expecting him to do alright though, that's exactly why i'd also consider bringing in the extra tall.

Griff will do alright, as you say. And we will be no wiser for it, nor will Sean. I know he's not there fitness wise, but we are ostensibly a rebuilding club and we have a looming ruck retirement with no replacement. If he doesn't get at least a couple of AFL games this year I think we have a real problem.

I would like to see Sheridan play on Laird.
I think he is a good solid player when he is being led to the ball.
Yeh end of last year he had that run with role that blakely now plays but played it very well and started to hit the scoreboard and rack up disposals. Not sure why they went away from that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back