Prediction Round 10: Changes Vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually watched a replay last night and Crowden was a lot better than I thought watching it live. So was Dixon.
how close is Dixon to a debut? a lot of people are bemoaning the lack of form that some of our forwards have

how close is Dixon to a debut? a lot of people are bemoaning the lack of form that some of our forwards have
Not gonna happen this season. He gets in good positions, but like Tabs early, doesn't mark it or a bit slow. Signs are there. Putting him in AFL now, won't be a good plan. Perhaps in the Round 22 dead rubber like Ross often does, we ll play our youth. But his development is coming albeit slowly. Back him in.

This is going to be a slow slow week, 6 days til the next game. Either the players ignite the fire again and back themselves or Brisbane will just do what they did last season and run amok. 4 straight losses, heading into Collingwood at the MCG then the bye. The media and fans alike will apply the blowtorch even more intensely. 4-7 after being 4-2 would be a horrible turn of form

Young Mitch Crowden be due for a game - 15 tackles!
What's his role though? Schulz is ahead of him in the small forwards, at least he has skills and faster. Crowden gets caught too often with the ball.

Just bring Banfield back ffs, the more I think about it. He can go inside, forces Fyfe out in the forward line if need be. Plus he's not that slow off half forward. Better then Cox offering atm.

Unless we want to fast-track him, I think he is a way off yet but it is hard to tell because Peel often don't turn up, so its hard for the forwards to get involved. . He is a really nice kick so he probably needs to lead up to the ball carrier a bit more. He took a nice contested, stationary mark (used his body really well to nudge his opponent under the ball) and nearly took another couple, but probably needs to work on his agility. He played second ruck and showed a willingness to chase out of the forward 50. Depends on the year really and how well Mc and Cox go or whether we end up playing Lobb forward. Injuries or bad end to the year by Freo seems to be his best bet unless he starts tearing the wafl apart. (he'll debut next week now that I've said that)

Jones to ruck and alternate with Lobb in the goal square . Drop Cox and One of Hogan or Tabs. Bring in Bewley and have him play high hff.

My gut feels we’ll bring in crowden or Giro too.

In: Jones, Bewley, Crowden
Out: Cox, Tabs and Brayshaw

Risky changes yes!!, but we have lost 3 in a row. Have to try something different.

What’s going on? I haven’t seen the game yet but he’s a good player. A very good potential player. A potential star actually. Why is he now useless in your view?

He played 1 poor game in a game where half the team was poor. Useless apparently.

People choose 2 or 3 of our forwards each week they want dropped. Usually different ones. At what point do you realise that it doesn't matter who plays forward for us? We could have Tom Lynch and Gary Ablett there and they'd still not kick any goals. The problem is not the playing personnel.

Its.Been.The.Same.For.7.Years.

People choose 2 or 3 of our forwards each week they want dropped. Usually different ones. At what point do you realise that it doesn't matter who plays forward for us? We could have Tom Lynch and Gary Ablett there and they'd still not kick any goals. The problem is not the playing personnel.

Its.Been.The.Same.For.7.Years.
Even Pavlich in his prime wouldn’t get goals in this side. Probably get more tackles then marks in Ross’ gameplan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My team;

Michael Walters...Matt Taberner...Brandon Matera

Cam McCarthy...Jesse Hogan...Darcy Tucker

Ed Langdon...Nat Fyfe...Bradley Hill

Luke Ryan...Brennan Cox...Ethan Hughes

Joel Hammling...Alex Pearce...Nathan Wilson
-----------------------------
Rory Lobb
Connor Blakely
David Mundy
-----------------------------
Reece Conca
Adam Cerra
Andrew Brayshaw
Sam Switkowski

Quoting because your comment about Cerra needing to harden up is worse than Lyons coaching performance tonight. Pathetic call, the kid actually attacks the contest hard.

Harden up can take on many forms. Cerra had a run in the midfield a couple of games ago and literally his legs gave out.
He had no burst of speed.

So hitting a contest hard doesn’t exactly mean he’s been hardened up. I could find 5 blokes down at Kenwick ammos that are ‘hard’ by your definition.

Put another way. I think Cerra has had his pockets pissed in a fair bit.

Jones to ruck and alternate with Lobb in the goal square . Drop Cox and One of Hogan or Tabs. Bring in Bewley and have him play high hff.

My gut feels we’ll bring in crowden or Giro too.

In: Jones, Bewley, Crowden
Out: Cox, Tabs and Brayshaw

Risky changes yes!!, but we have lost 3 in a row. Have to try something different.
We won't drop Tabs. Cox most likely and I think McCarthy comes in. We need to hit targets. Would really like to see Giro get a go, run run and run some more.

We won't drop Tabs. Cox most likely and I think McCarthy comes in. We need to hit targets. Would really like to see Giro get a go, run run and run some more.

And more long in-effective kicks to 3 v 5 contests?

Nah, we don't kick to leading players. Its against team policy.
What has happened to your new game style. The mark and roll was practised pre season and used well in the earlier rounds resulting in quicker ball movement and advantaging your forwards. More recently things have reverted to the norm. Is this due to opposition teams planning better or is the faith in your key forwards being slowly eroded and your mids don't see the value in moving it quickly. Better to wait for the troops to arrive and just kick it to a contest.in saying all this you guys probably should have won on the weekend but bad kicking is bad football. Will be there cheering you on this week so good luck

And more long in-effective kicks to 3 v 5 contests?
It's more the fact that Giro can run with the Lions midfielders all day, that's where they win. Brayshaw and Cerra can't keep up and if the Lions lock down Hill and Langdon then we need another outside runner.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Hogan is dropped this week. Looks like he’s hobbling and carrying an injury.
I said this weeks ago when I watched training, but he's kept playing! However he hasn't been able to kick any distance and isn't playing well. It concerns me (having had the same injury) that if his navicular is sore that playing on it is making it worse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back