Prediction Round 10: Changes Vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

My revised changes.

Out;

Hughes: Done nothing wrong but can't play them all with Logue coming in.
Brayshaw: Don't rate him above other inside mids atm.
Cox: Team balance and poor form.

In;

Logue: Should offer more than Hughes in theory.
Giro: Reward for effort and slightly more outside than Brayshaw.
McCarthy: Need a forward on the bench to allow Langdon and Walters midfield time.

Ryan Hamling Logue
Wilson Pearce Duman
B Hill Mundy Tucker
Langdon Hogan Walters
Matera Taberner Switkowski

Lobb Fyfe Blakely

Conca Cerra McCarthy Giro

My revised changes.

Out;

Hughes: Done nothing wrong but can't play them all with Logue coming in.
Brayshaw: Don't rate him above other inside mids atm.
Cox: Team balance and poor form.

In;

Logue: Should offer more than Hughes in theory.
Giro: Reward for effort and slightly more outside than Brayshaw.
McCarthy: Need a forward on the bench to allow Langdon and Walters midfield time.

Ryan Hamling Logue
Wilson Pearce Duman
B Hill Mundy Tucker
Langdon Hogan Walters
Matera Taberner Switkowski

Lobb Fyfe Blakely

Conca Cerra McCarthy Giro
Is Mundy having a stellar season keeping north at peel?

Could be, and Ross being a fecking stick in the mud. Probs wants North to get 300 tackles cumulative b4 bringing him in @ round 22 in a dead rubber!!
But u r right, Mundy is having a stellar season. Always does in a contract year.

Is Mundy having a stellar season keeping north at peel?
I don't think so. I'd rate North behind Fyfe, Blakely, Mundy and Conca - that's enough inside mids for me. I'd personally have North before Brayshaw atm but I don't rate either of them higher than the four I mentioned.

its offically another rebuilding year so we have to reward effort over talent. whoever does decent at Peel each week needs to start being given a go even if they arent necessarily AFL quality.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Hogan is dropped this week. Looks like he’s hobbling and carrying an injury.
Does he? Looks alright here:

Had 5 scoring shots and was literally the only bloke on the field who looked like they could win it for us... indeed, if he's kicked straight he would have.

I don't know about Logue being best afield. He was solid for the first three quarters but lost a few one-on-ones. It was the last quarter were he exploded and was out-marking his opponents and was running -off brilliantly. He was terrific and exactly what we need. Hughes has been pretty good but he holds play up too often because he doesn't trust his kicking

Looks like someone agrees with you..

Get them in: Young backman Griffin Logue has played two games at Peel after his hamstring issues and was best afield in the loss to Claremont.
I'm not a lover of statistics as a means to judge a player's performance, but I did watch the game. If this guy had said Griffin was best afield in the 4th quarter I would agree, but prior to that he was pretty average. From memory I'd say probably 4 - 5 marks and 6 - 8 possession came in that last quarter.

Still want to see him in the side, but he is still a long way from his best and will quickly become a whipping boy.

1558412540661.png

Still want to see him in the side, but he is still a long way from his best and will quickly become a whipping boy.
Yeah I agree. It's tiring. Some Freo fans jump all over players in their 2nd/3rd year because they're not immediately playing like a cross between Chris Judd and Stephen Michael. I've read on here people wanting to drop Cerra, Brayshaw and Hogan. sheeesh

The scary thing is, that sometimes it actually happens. (Banfield and MCCarthy two examples)

Logue has to come in for Hughes you'd think (if he does at all). Not sure how I feel. I like a lot of Hughes' work but get real nervous when he is about to kick.

Still if Logue is fit and genuinely played well he has to be in the AFL team. Need to develop him.
You can play them both. Push Conca/Cerra up the ground and go with Hughes, Hamling, Pearce, Logue, Wilson, Ryan and Duman as your 7 defenders.

Yeah I agree. It's tiring. Some Freo fans jump all over players in their 2nd/3rd year because they're not immediately playing like a cross between Chris Judd and Stephen Michael. I've read on here people wanting to drop Cerra, Brayshaw and Hogan. sheeesh

The scary thing is, that sometimes it actually happens. (Banfield and MCCarthy two examples)
As far as Bradshaw and Cera go, we have to juggle playing players who are talented and with a bright future, who aren't playing very well probably because of fatigue and winning winnable games. personally, I think winning games is more important at this point. Just because Ross was given 5 years for a rebuild, doesn't mean we have to chuck wins away for nothing. Even if it's just for the sake of team morale.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does he? Looks alright here:

Had 5 scoring shots and was literally the only bloke on the field who looked like they could win it for us... indeed, if he's kicked straight he would have.

I agree he presented well, I think he’s injured though. When he was walking from the ground he look very sore. I hope I’m wrong, just a feeling.

I’d like to see North or Brewley debut this week.

I agree he presented well, I think he’s injured though. When he was walking from the ground he look very sore. I hope I’m wrong, just a feeling.

I’d like to see North or Brewley debut this week.
I did notice Hogan seemed to be favoring a leg after a contest in the third quarter, looked like he walked it off though and was sprinting around again.

Need a second ruck with Tabs out.
With Tabs out for 8 weeks it'll have to be a long term fix...Darcy and Sandi also both LTIs. Jones? Can Cox chop out in the ruck? Mid season draft?

Jones to come in and take first ruck, moving Lobb into Taberner’s role. Thought Jones was actually pretty good against Claremont, also gives Meek a chance to ruck in League.

Not sure what to do about Cox, he might get a pass with Taberner now out but he was he horrendous against the Bombers.

OUT: Taberner, Cox, Cerra
IN: Jones, McCarthy, Logue ?

Tabs out is a positive imo. It should force our hand to go in with only two talls up forward plus a mobile ruck. Cox to play Tabs role. Leave McCarthy out, the West report said he did f all on Saturday and looked disinterested.

Go with a small and mobile forward line and ruck.

If we bring Jones in we’re no chance of beating the Lions. If we go with form players and go as mobile as we can centre and forward we may be a chance of winning now.

Tabs out for Crowden
Switta out for Schultz
Brayshaw out for Giro
Cerra out for Nyhuis
Hughes out for Logue

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back