Prediction Round 10: Changes Vs Geelong + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Johnson is too good to be left out.

Are you proposing Johnson <-> Erasmus? I have to say I have liked Eramus' defensive work and was Top 5 in tackles for the game, but Johnson is also fairly good defensively.

Are you proposing Johnson <-> Erasmus? I have to say I have liked Eramus' defensive work and was Top 5 in tackles for the game, but Johnson is also fairly good defensively.
Ideally both would stay in but I am expecting someone to be dropped for Matt Johnson to return.

I don't want Johnson as sub though.

Out: Banfield and Hughes
In: Fyfe and Johnson

FB: Walker Pearce Ryan
HB: Young Cox Clark
C: Brayshaw Fyfe O'Driscoll
HF: Erasmus Jackson Treacy
FF: Walters Amiss Switkowski

Darcy Serong Johnson

O'Meara Aish Frederick Schultz

Yeah, I don't rate Banfield or Hughes.

No change.

We’ve scored 100+ in two consecutive games. For selection integrity you reward performance and not one of the players today deserves to be dropped. Best games of the year by Hughes, JOM, Banfield, Dogga and Treacy.

Only player down on performance was Sonny, but he did plenty to keep his place.

Johnson will just have to bide his time and absolutely no need to rush Fyfe back into the starting 22.

Since Erasmus has played inside minutes we’ve looked much tighter in the middle and it has frees brayshaw up to roam. Tough choice re Johnson but you don’t drop players who are performing. Johnson will get back eventually.

I’d go unchanged with fyfe for Erasmus if he is fully fit

Haven't seen the replay but it looked like Erasmus had an excellent 3rd quarter.

Last edited:
No change.

We’ve scored 100+ in two consecutive games. For selection integrity you reward performance and not one of the players today deserves to be dropped. Best games of the year by Hughes, JOM, Banfield, Dogga and Treacy.

Only player down on performance was Sonny, but he did plenty to keep his place.

Johnson will just have to bide his time and absolutely no need to rush Fyfe back into the starting 22.
Fyfe was massive in the final term. 5 contested possession in one quarter!
He’s definitely starting next week. We need his mature body against one of the most physical sides in the comp from the start.
Someone will be unlucky but that’s the nature of elite sport. They will just have to get on with it.

Out: Banfield and Hughes
In: Fyfe and Johnson

FB: Walker Pearce Ryan
HB: Young Cox Clark
C: Brayshaw Fyfe O'Driscoll
HF: Erasmus Jackson Treacy
FF: Walters Amiss Switkowski

Darcy Serong Johnson

O'Meara Aish Frederick Schultz

Yeah, I don't rate Banfield or Hughes.
They won't get dropped.

They have played so many games where they should of been.
They played ok today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think vs Geelong if we want to win we need to be as mature as possible. Otherwise view it as development and play both Raz and Johnson.

Need to get Johnson in at all costs. That means Aish or Hughes which is a tough call. Johnson's ceiling is higher than both combined.

Who ever misses out will be unlucky.

If they decide Fyfe is ready to play more minutes then he probably replaces Banners.

If Matty J comes straight back in I think it might be O'Driscoll who misses out. Aish with his versatility and as a coaches favourite is unlikely to be the one to make way.

It would then be between O'Driscoll, Brodie and Banfield for sub.

Or we could just see Fyfe and Banners swap and Matty J having to play a week at Peel.

I actually thought Hughes was pretty good today. Hes ok if the back. I really like Raz. Would be hard for him to go. I was dirty for him being subbed. We are not winning GF this year, and I'd rather get as much time into the future leaders.

I actually thought Walters was s**t. He is playing for free and losing his feet all the time. I'd like him dropped, but will settle for him as sub.

Need to make space for Jonno, but hard to drop without reason. So.....

Only change Sonny to sub. Jonno unlucky unless someone pulls up sore. Have to back consistency.

On Pixel 7 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aish is on the chopping board more than Banfield and Hughes in my opinion, Aish has been consistently rubbish for a few weeks now while Hughes and Banfield are in a spot of good form, you can't drop guys when they've had a good game.

Johnson for Aish or Erasmus for mine. That's all.

Aish is on the chopping board more than Banfield and Hughes in my opinion, Aish has been consistently rubbish for a few weeks now while Hughes and Banfield are in a spot of good form, you can't drop guys when they've had a good game.

Johnson for Aish or Erasmus for mine. That's all.
I'm down for some Aish slander. Bloke has been garbage for weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back