Review Round 10: Collingwood 50-41 Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 to 13 contested marks.
Moore & Mihocek.
I wonder about these numbers. I certainly saw Elliott take a heavily contested mark, and I think there were others.

On the game as a whole, I noted that for the first time this year, Stephenson was running hard after guys with the ball, not jogging. Perhaps his inner strength is coming back after the glandular fever.
Moore was craftily kept out of it. Players upfield waited for him to follow his man on the lead, and then kicked to where he wasn't.
Our passing by hand and foot was almost comically bad at times, and yet we looked to be playing all over them most of the time. They only scored on the break.
The game was pretty poor, and shows what football looks like when the top 3 players in each side are not there. Neither their second tier nor ours are up to carrying a side.
Grundy looks injured.
Anything else I might add has been said multiple times.

If the AFL were serious they would suspend players who were found guilty milking of frees. Everybody could see if except the umpire 10m away

A fine for blatant staging would be an effective deterrent.

I watched Nathan's presser, then watched the 1st qtr. Couldn't watch anymore.

I don't know what game he was watching but he mentioned how efficient we were. I witnessed at least 4 handballs to a team mate under pressure, in one qtr, how is this efficient? Can anyone explain how we were efficient, Nathan seems to think so?

50 i50 - 50 of em! For a return of 6.14 - 6.14. Actually our forward connection is that of a bottom 4 side for the whole year. Last year barely better.

So watching that and the rest of our season so far, if somehow we salute with the cup that would be the largest turn around in form and game style in the history of history of all sports of all time. Period. Full stop.

Positives: Daic's goal, that it, there is nothing else.

Anyone praising Sier's game, I'll tell you that that should be his usual game, not some sort of welcome surprise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched Nathan's presser, then watched the 1st qtr. Couldn't watch anymore.

I don't know what game he was watching but he mentioned how efficient we were. I witnessed at least 4 handballs to a team mate under pressure, in one qtr, how is this efficient? Can anyone explain how we were efficient, Nathan seems to think so?

50 i50 - 50 of em! For a return of 6.14 - 6.14. Actually our forward connection is that of a bottom 4 side for the whole year. Last year barely better.

So watching that and the rest of our season so far, if somehow we salute with the cup that would be the largest turn around in form and game style in the history of history of all sports of all time. Period. Full stop.

Positives: Daic's goal, that it, there is nothing else.

Anyone praising Sier's game, I'll tell you that that should be his usual game, not some sort of welcome surprise.
We showed a lot of heart in the last five minutes. That’s a positive.

I agree JMac. Even though we are in awful form overall and we’re (only) playing Sydney, pulling out a win while being down to one on the bench was a fine effort.

We did this more often in 2018, effort is not a bonus, it's mandatory.

We are a grunt team, that's our base and it's why we consistently win phone box ball and i50's in fact we generally win all the metrics. The contending teams actually use this to their advantage - we don't.

$500 is a small price to pay to milk a free kick in front of goal in a close game.

Agreed, it's a pittance. It should reflect the damage that staging is doing to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back