Toast Round 10 = Collingwood 78-74 Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched the last quarter last night and i believe "not in the spirit of the occasion" is what was said and i think it was Gary Lyon who said it, not sure what he meant, i'm not sure if it's in the rule book, e.g. a player can run no more than 15 paces unless it's in the spirit of the occasion. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
'spirit of the occasion' aka known as ignoring breaking of the rules if it's an advantage to the team playing Collingwood in a close game..

I watched the last quarter last night and i believe "not in the spirit of the occasion" is what was said and i think it was Gary Lyon who said it, not sure what he meant, i'm not sure if it's in the rule book, e.g. a player can run no more than 15 paces unless it's in the spirit of the occasion. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Bairstow at Lords, level of hysteria, shame the blatantly clear HTB by Richards on Keane was not paid for a certian goal about 5 minutes earlier, and now apparently a push in the side ( Cox) is also a new rule, called by teh scump who was at least 60 metres away ...

It wasn’t Gary Lyon who said that.
Lyon said, “take a bow Collingwood.”

It wasn’t Gary Lyon who said that.
Lyon said, “take a bow Collingwood.”
Lyon was gleefully screaming that it was a free against Collingwood when the whistle blew.
Pretty sure it was Huddo who was wanking on about the spirit of the occasion.

Lyon was gleefully screaming that it was a free against Collingwood when the whistle blew.
Pretty sure it was Huddo who was wanking on about the spirit of the occasion.
Yes it was Huddo
Lyon seemed pretty balanced to me.

The 9 is the goal square. Honestly, it might be a help for 50m penalties but other than that the opportunities to use 10m line measures for running, or especially kicks, is severely limited. Not necessary

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
can the umps actually see the stripes at ground level anyway? TV view is at least 20 metres above ground

But it costs nothing to implement and does t affect anything or anyone negatively so why not?
Not being disparaging here but it costs nothing to accept that teams will get a couple of decisions go there way that shouldn’t have and a couple that should have gone their way not paid. It was and will always be the way. I don’t want football X or whatever it was called. And let’s not forget that players and coaches will push the limits. Even with simpler rules in the past there was controversy.👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good question. For an achilles the answer is zero.

Hey I count us as having played 31 guys so far this year, is that right? Given we have gotten zero from McStay and Murphy this season, that is a phenomenal effort. If Kreuger or Allan get a run soon, and with McStay to return, we’ll be putting up some pretty huge numbers for players played in a so far pretty successful season.

Yep, and 11 players have played every game...

Minimum kick length 15m, minimum distance without bouncing 15m, mowing strips should be 15m. It’s not hard.
Every player should have a laser which plots a 15m circle around them, then turn off the lights.

Voila!
AFL can rig any game they like without fear

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The speed he was moving, he'd have to dribble it like a basketball to not run too far between bounces. He was flying.
He might be the fastest player I've seen in years. His ability to run and bounce at that speed is insane. I know he took too many steps in the end but he's had some incredible running bounces over this year. it's a skill in itself to run fast and bounce the ball

The speed he was moving, he'd have to dribble it like a basketball to not run too far between bounces. He was flying.
Ive noticed when Bobby bounces the ball on the run he bounces it on the flat part of the ball so it doesn't bounce backwards. Jet

Adelaide have a lot of midfield talent and are well coached so they generated some excellent midfield wins, to the extent they actually controlled the game and had us back on our heels. I think Nicks has some ability, (he organised some productive match ups) and I'm confused they aren't higher up the ladder.

Several blokes nursing injuries I feel, I know they say they are all fit to play but De Goey looked bent over and his kicking seemed to hurt him when he went for distance. IQ too didn't look physically right, he went to the right places but wasn't his usual sure self on the deck (still strong in the air though).

A really fine patched-together win, more pieces falling off the car as it rolls on but we haven't crashed yet.

GPS tracking shock collar
Not enough shock collars in AFL.

… he's had some incredible running bounces over this year. it's a skill in itself to run fast and bounce the ball
He should use that skill more often then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back