Round 10 Discussion (Dedicated to Noah 'The Beast' Balta)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

the 2391 got me back up to 6.3k almost regaining what I lost during last weeks cluster*!

_hHDKJ.gif

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Next year I want to be in one of the bigfooty SuperCoach leagues.. need more of a challenge my league is terrible and there are very few good teams... most of the good teams end up doing something stupid along the way to completely * their teams before the finals too

Last edited:
Those with very high rankings (in top 1k) have you guys been ultra aggressive in trading and only have a handful left?

Yes & no... as always, it's all a balance, plus a bit of luck. I have 18 trades left... Started fairly conservatively, but have got a little more aggressive of late with 1 up & 1 down for the past 3 weeks. That has meant ditching some rookies that arguably hadn't completely fattened up. Players like Drew, Constable, Kiera, ROB & (probably the only one I truly regret) Baker this past week.

The other thing is I have only made 1 sideways correction all season. There was no way I could hold Darling any longer! I've held Libba, Walsh & Heeney who many have sideways'd. Ditto for Zilliams at the moment.

And the final factor is of course value. I traded in Dunkley & Telly at their lowest, while Daniel was about the same price (under 500k) as well. Will target Sicily and Boak at that same price point in rds 13 & 14. I don't have Neale or Jelly and am ranked 309.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nameless

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Those with very high rankings (in top 1k) have you guys been ultra aggressive in trading and only have a handful left?

I'm not top 1k, but this is probably my best season in a while and I am normally super conservative with trades as I really play for league only.
But last few years I've fallen just short of the premiership or ended my season early in finals and had 4-6 trades left!

This year I've gone very aggressive on trades (for me) so have 18 left and am basically jumping on fallen premo's TKelly, Zorko, Lloyd, Fyfe etc. as soon as I can, even if it means culling a rookie early and not getting full return.
I've also side-ways traded early (Greene and Martin) which have been positive changes.

I've gone from rank 60,000 in round 1 to be 2,000 now.

So while you still need to make the right trade of which so far I'm probably going at 90% success rate with no major bust, I think trading hard does help with your ranking (at least for now).

Probably, Fages does like his performing youth, but I feel the team is more solid with Lester than Hinge.

pulpdriver would know more about Hinge's JS than I.

I reckon I'd know as much as you, mate. I thought Hinge looked okay both games and as you said Fages like his performing youth. Historically seems to give the kids a decent run after promotion. Hinge has had a few moments where he looked like the adjustment to the pace of AFL is a bit overwhelming but the only way to get past those is more time at senior level. I think he'll hold his spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back