Round 10 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1941 with Yeo still to play and a 1/2 game from Doc & Murph. Will be happy with anything over 2,100 at the moment.

Seems to be above par in my league, but it's a pretty average league. What's par looking like in some of the better leagues?

He won't be gone rest of the year, it'll be 4-6 weeks before Fagan thinks, "ah s**t we need more out of Stef " and finally dumps Smith.

Brisbane need to seriously invest in a forward-ruck type though, someone to give Stef a chop out but, be competent up forward too. It seems both Leppitsch and now Fagan just are never happy with their forward/ruck areas, they have a ton of KPPs, but always chop and change.

Imo they need to vastly improve their spread depth too, add class off half back, on the wing etc, that would help them stay in games and be competitive for longer.

If Stef started marking the footy today then he'd score ok, but he's not.

I'm a glass half full sort, I just think Stef might be a bit tired and instead of giving him a rest, they brought in a ruck to ease the burden. Hopefully it's just for this week and Stef will be fresh after his bye and Archie is back plying his trade in the NEAFL.

You are right though, Bris badly need a R/F going forward. Looking at their list, I would like to see Michael Close or Jono Freeman groomed for that role next year, because neither is quite good enough to be a pure KP forward. Josh Walker's another option, but he doesn't have much upside IMO.

I'm a glass half full sort, I just think Stef might be a bit tired and instead of giving him a rest, they brought in a ruck to ease the burden. Hopefully it's just for this week and Stef will be fresh after his bye and Archie is back plying his trade in the NEAFL.

You are right though, Bris badly need a R/F going forward. Looking at their list, I would like to see Michael Close or Jono Freeman groomed for that role next year, because neither is quite good enough to be a pure KP forward.
I haven't really seen Freeman, but I doubt Close could play it. He's very gangly what I've seen of him, but he doesn't really have the size for it either imo.

I did think myself that hopefully for Stef it's just to lesson the load on him with the bye coming up.

So hope Gawn comes back in R12 so I can get him R14. If Smith is still playing with Stef by then and marginalising his scoring then I play Nank over Stef for them weeks. But I'm not totally convinced Stefs scoring was completely hampered by Smith today, Stef gave 2FKA and only laid 1 tackle, no marks, should've scored 90 if he marks or tackles.
Josh Walker's another option, but he's doesn't have much upside IMO.
They've tried that with him, failed, chucked him down back.

Imo if Shaun McKernan gets delisted by Essendon then they should go after him as a stop gap, he'd do that role well. Then they draft and groom some kid in the NEAFL for it to work with Smith in the future as Stef only has 2-3 more years in him I'd imagine.

1934 with second half of Greene and Shaw to come. After 2439 last week. :$

Lloyd's 2 hurt, as did a whole bunch of 70s and 80s from premos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Stef marked or tackled today, that 64 becomes 80-100 imo. Only 1 tackle, no grabs, found it 17 times though. Barrett also got it 17 times but got 87 largely because of his 7 tackles

Insert same reasoning to why Rory Laird scored poorly last night, only 3 marks, no tackles.

Might be a sound strategy to do after the byes however, but not sure if you gain much due to premium forwards being inconsistent themselves this year.

Stef was scoring far worse playing with West last year imo.
He sucks in the wet. Cant recall a time where a tonned when it was raining.

spud of the week contenders:
Myers
Dalhaus
Roughy
Laird
Nankervis
WHE- unlucky. Only thing that saved him was the fact I feel
Sorry for him that he's built like xavier Ellis

But there can only be one winner and this week, it's you Stef Martin. Any danger of laying a tackle or taking a mark!!! Pull your finger out and get used to Archie smith's sideshow bob head. He's going to be playing for the next few weeks. Cop it on the chin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back