Game Day Round 10: Dreamtime At The G - Richmond v Essendon, Sat 25/5/19, MCG, 7.25PM AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

scythe

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Auburn, Newcastle United, Charlotte
We’ll lose to Carlton next week.

We won't win another game for the rest of the year. Besides the one obligatory exception where we arse out a 10 goal thrashing to some club we have no right to, followed by the usual resurgence of hope that we're not a ******* shadow of a joke of a professional sporting organisation.

Blood Bomber

Team Captain
May 19, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
That's it mate. Footy is only a game.

I'll always love this club, back this club, follow this club, but being so invested in it seems like it's not worth it any more.

I said the same thing to my wife at the start of this year. Will follow and love them but I'm not going to he emotionally invested in them anymore. When we lose and are playing badly I just don't care. When we are up a I'm that supporter we all hate. Gone are the days of me being shitty/crabby the day after a loss. My wife doesn't deserve it and neither do my kids. My health doesn't need it. If my club and players dont perform like they respect the club why should I be emotionally invested.

I hope we get pantsed next week and every week from here on in until something changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back