Preview Round 10: Dreamtime at the G - Richmond vs Essendon, Saturday 25/05/19 @ 7.25PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fairbump_playon

All Australian
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
My wife who knows little about footy is leading her work tipping comp. Her approach is to back all the favorites each weekend except for one. The challenge is to pick the right underdog.

I’ve encouraged her to tip against us multiple times but is Essendon the right underdog this week? I think they might be.

Talk me off the edge.. or don’t.

eth-dog

Premium Gold
Jan 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
My wife who knows little about footy is leading her work tipping comp. Her approach is to back all the favorites each weekend except for one. The challenge is to pick the right underdog.

I’ve encouraged her to tip against us multiple times but is Essendon the right underdog this week? I think they might be.

One of North (Braddles last game), us (Richmond's outs) or Melbourne (GWS record at MCG)

rumply

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, 76ers

Lions to beat Freo, Freo are trash, s**t we beat em;)

rumply

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, 76ers
ok BF, so why tf is the word S H I T now being ****???

Is it really even a swear word anymore...

Red Black and Blue

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
The key to this forward line working is physicality. If we try to play cute football in the forward line and expect easy hit ups we will be in for a long night. Back in Smack and Francis to bring it ground and hit the contest with aggression, Stringer, Begley, Laverde and Tippa should be expecting there to be crumb opportunities all night. Also gotta hold position, if we get drawn too far up the ground they'll pin us in defence with superior rolling off and frontal pressure on our rebound fifty kickers.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr Mojo Risin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades, Kings
ok BF, so why tf is the word S H I T now being ****???

Is it really even a swear word anymore...
It a swear word but we are getting a little precious filtering it out.

It’s not as if it’s fu**, campaigner, fu**, fu** or campaigner. s**t is just another s**t word.

TheGreatBarryB

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Texans, Astros, Leeds
Winning tonight won't change my views will only make me more frustrated that we couldn't beat Saints,Swans

I'm tired of the inconsintacy of this side
Swans nearly beat Pies (who were missing a few key players) and Saints challenges Eagles and been competitive.

It’s really been a fine line for us, unlucky no to be 6-3 with decisions in Swans and Pies games. I’m not usually an ump basher but there were some big mistakes in those games.

Premiership Player
Nov 5, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Packers, Bucks, Pens, M's, Chelsea
Swans nearly beat Pies (who were missing a few key players) and Saints challenges Eagles and been competitive.

It’s really been a fine line for us, unlucky no to be 6-3 with decisions in Swans and Pies games. I’m not usually an ump basher but there were some big mistakes in those games.
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Red Black and Blue

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
I understand the negativity based on the season so far but with all the high potential kids in this is one game I'm getting pumped for. Only Ridley, Fantasia, Draper and BZT away from our 2021 premiership team.

Beerfish

Bless
Jan 20, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
MotherMaryDarcy

TheGreatBarryB

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Texans, Astros, Leeds

TheGreatBarryB

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Texans, Astros, Leeds
...although worse is when you use a swear and site changes it to ‘silly’ or ‘campaigner’. I’d rather be caught swearing than use those words.

“Oh he’s a massive campaigner”
“Don’t be such a silly”.....ugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom