VFL Game Day Round 10: Essendon vs Coburg, Windy Hill, Sunday 19/05/2022 @ 11:35 AM

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont know what people expect of Eyre and Baldwin with the way we move the ball.

Fumbles, dump kicks, kicking to outnumbered situations and not to their advantage.... must be nigh impossible to develop your game as a forward.
My issue is when he is in position to mark he holds maybe 2/10 and from what I hear he drops marks at training as well.
We butcher the ball but he does drop a lot of chances he should hold.

The Baldwin/Francis midfield moves was brilliant coaching. Both have sprang to life after getting into the game.
Francis spent maybe 6 minutes there for 1 possession. He sprang to life because he started playing in front and taking a few marks and the coach had a crack at him.

Lol whut!?!
...and did they go the distance?
No. Francis maybe six minutes. Baldwin a bit longer. The Francis middle is being drastically over played. I was there watching. He has zero midfield craft.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Francis spent maybe 6 minutes there for 1 possession. He sprang to life because he started playing in front and taking a few marks and the coach had a crack at him.
I don’t mean to imply that they made a difference as midfielders, but that the dynamic change helped them get up to the speed of the game as they had gone stale up forward.

I don’t mean to imply that they made a difference as midfielders, but that the dynamic change helped them get up to the speed of the game as they had gone stale up forward.
Think it was more the rocket Stanton gave Francis that changed his play. ;)

Cutler was best for us. Sure he ran past and got a few cheaper stats but he also worked back hard and chased hard all day.
Bryan was good. Just needs a bit more time to develop body wise.
Stewart was good defense wise. Tried to kick a few precision bullets that did not come off. Took a lot of marks.
Francis was good when he lead up at the footy but started the day playing behind giving himself no chance.
Baldwin battled all day. Was not great but ground out 3 goals. Has his set shot routine sorted now.
McBride was good as well but went off injured.
Brand did what he had to defense wise but had less impact as far as possessions.
Lord was poor. Hardly looked like getting near the footy and his defense was scratchy.
Tom Hird was okay but kicked 1.4 so it could have been a better day.
Eyre dropped marks again and is just too skinny to be able to do anything physical wise.
They had a decent crack at it in what was an average game skill wise and they ground out a win. Atley lead the way as captain leaving nothing in the tank.

Back