Preview Round 10: Essendon vs North Melbourne, Docklands, Sunday 23/05/2021, 4:40 PM AEST

Chicken Dinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown is absolutely garbage as special comments.

I find Dermie really good, he plays the banter game in non match related stuff but during the game he’s fine.

Dunstall is good, Lyon is good but a s**t human.

Still better than Derwayne and Brown.
Team A - 127
Team B - 21

Team B kick a goal at the 27min mark of the 4th quarter

Dwayne "STRAP INTO YOUR SEATS EVERYONE TEAM B ARE RIGHT IN THIS"

Brown is absolutely garbage as special comments.

I find Dermie really good, he plays the banter game in non match related stuff but during the game he’s fine.

Dunstall is good, Lyon is good but a sh*t human.
Dermie is very knowledgeable but takes 15 words to say something that could be said in 5.

We've shown we're capable of smashing teams, if we smashed St Kilda when they were down, we can smash North who's best is probably as good as St Kilda's worst.

Would like to see:

In: Ambrose/Waterman, Cox
Out: Smith (inj), Hooker (rested)

In the overall context of where this clubs heading, the result is neither here or there. However it’s certainly a game the club would want to, and should win.

The things that pose the risk being:

Goldstein & Cunnington -We’ve struggled to get any drive from centre bounces without Draper. If Goldstein dominates us and gives Cunnington first use, we may be on the back foot playing this game from our back half which is of concern.

Midfield depth - Our midfield is increasingly losing depth to injury with the further loss of Smith. McGrath indicated on SEN this morning he’s feeling the pinch. We can’t afford any more injuries in our midfield. We’re one more injury away from really falling away in the midfield.

Mindset - The Kangaroos will come to play and will have confidence and belief. We will need to be ‘on’ from the start to avoid being jumped and then having to engage in a war with them.

If they don’t employ a defensive zone to negate our ball movement and we turn up mentally, we should have enough ability over the ground to win. There’s no doubt it’s a danger game and another test of our preparation and mindset in particular.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its quite funny reading this thread and the north Melbourne thread.

Read the North Thread and its just pure Hatred, like its some huge rivalry build up.

Read the Essendon Thread, there's more talk about commentators than the actual game.

ahhaa

North yet again preparing for their Grand Final when we couldn't care less, just another game.

cause it’s a rivalry and we hate each other. Some don’t want to acknowledge that of course . Anyways best of luck and I take no comfort in beating a side out of the eight .
We made that our signature dish for over ten years .
Bombers by 19 .
Essendon rivalries...
Carlton
Collingwood
Hawthorn

Norf and everyone else.

Sorry it's just 4 points. Even our players are in the media saying it's only you guys who care. Good luck on Sunday though 👍

cause it’s a rivalry and we hate each other. Some don’t want to acknowledge that of course . Anyways best of luck and I take no comfort in beating a side out of the eight .
We made that our signature dish for over ten years .
Bombers by 19 .

sorry friend

there's is no rivalry here - just read both clubs threads rofl. Ours is stock standard, yours is full of abuse and even has an "us vs them" thread title.

The only person that cares about a rivalry is North supporters - Essendon supporters generally look the other way to the likes of the big Vic clubs like Carlton, Hawthorn, Collingwood etc.

Jason Dunstall is now the best special comments person in the game.

Been in the role for the best part of 22 years, as soon as he retired, when he joined Friday Night football on Channel 7 at the time.

I don't find him biased towards any team and he is equally critical of Hawthorn when they deserve it. Leigh Matthews is the same as well, but he doesn't feature as often anymore on TV coverage.

The rest of them are all recently retired try hards.
Matthews is so anti Essendon it's sickening

we all know how this one goes - we charge out to an early 5 goal lead then start running ahead of the ball and trying dinky sideways passes, Goldstein feeds Cunnington ad nauseum til Norf are back in it, Before we know it we are in a contest where norf are now savage animals but we are still in cruise mode... the pressure builds and builds while some nondescript journeyman like josh walker kicks 5 straight including 2 from the boundary on his wrong side.

Still we somehow lead into the last minutes until the umpire pays an atrocious deliberate out of bounds and some norf clown kicks the goal

sorry friend

there's is no rivalry here - just read both clubs threads rofl. Ours is stock standard, yours is full of abuse and even has an "us vs them" thread title.

The only person that cares about a rivalry is North supporters - Essendon supporters generally look the other way to the likes of the big Vic clubs like Carlton, Hawthorn, Collingwood etc.
Don't forget Richmond.

It's quite sad, their obsession with us. I was quite happy when they won on the weekend. They beat one of the clubs I hate and they don't go in winless against us.

Waterman, and more specifically, Waterman's glutes are pretty critical to us winning this game.

I'm a bit concerned they are just going to mince us with sheer girth and weight of contested footy.

Kelli wopuld be much better if she didn't try to pun the entire game.
No doubt we'll get King, Dunstall and Dwayne for a completly neutral call
This. I swear Kelli used to be better. But last two games have been pun attempts or pre-planned phrases that have been a bit off for the moment. It actually distracts me from the match.

After watching parts of the VFL, if Cunnington is getting a hold of us in the centre square id be happy to have Waterman next to him at stoppages to reduce his influence. If kangaroos are to win then Cunnington is going to have a big day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back