Round 10 Final Teams as announced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Teams are in

EMG placement for Dowler makes me think he was underdone, given the reports of his training during the week. If he comes up, he might be moved back up into the side.

Agreed. It's very hard to see that Dowler was dropped for this game, particularly given the talls that Adelaide are going in with and his recent form. The word is he trained 'somewhat gingerly'.

this has to be the worst defence ever fielded in a game ever!!!!

i mean i donot agree with this...i am sure dowler is not injured....give the kid a go, would prefer to see murphy out than dowler.

we donot have a key position player.

i have a feeling that roughie will spend some time down back this game, and if that is the case, dropping dowler proves a bad decision.....give the kid a break he has not taken a step wrong all season

If Beau Dowler is injured then why is he listed as one of the emergencies?

Thats an awefully short backline without Dowler....who will deal with Tippett who is great mark......If Dowler wasnt right then maybe Renouf was an option on Tippett?

morton had close to 30 possies last week so he could hardly be dropped, and dowler hasnt done much in the past 2 weeks so on form the selectors have got it right

Dowler missed large chunks of training this week so is obviously sore.

Given his history of injuries I think the club is doing the right thing by resting him.

We don't need an injury re-occurrence.

Enjoy the week off Beau.
maybe bit sore so good give him time off. As for Morton he is a good player.

Very disapointed in seeing Dowler out, he deserved to play this week after a quiet game against melbourne. I dont know how morton survives the cut ahead of Dowler
Morton played well last week with 25 possessions Dowler has to be injuryed!

maybe bit sore so good give him time off. As for Morton he is a good player.

Will be a good player. Needs to improve those kicking skills and go in a bit harder. Is improving with every game.

When on song will get alot of ball take a mark and can kick goals. I see him as a vital 'extra' in coming years of dominent sucess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of the 3 Ins

Ellis > Dowler
Dew > Stokes
Shiels < Moss

Ellis and Dew add massive experience so all in all a stronger team from last week go hawks!

Does anyone know if Dowler travelled to Adelaide with the crew? I noticed he didn't front up for Box Hill this afternoon while the other emergencies Tuck and Renouf did. You would think the Hawks would have taken at least one emergency on the flight. If that is the case then it is hard to believe he is injured.

Perhaps there is another twist in the tale to come?

Does anyone know if Dowler travelled to Adelaide with the crew? I noticed he didn't front up for Box Hill this afternoon while the other emergencies Tuck and Renouf did. You would think the Hawks would have taken at least one emergency on the flight. If that is the case then it is hard to believe he is injured.

Perhaps there is another twist in the tale to come?

I think that's a fair assessment. I doubt they'd take an injured EMG; unless they're 110% sure the named team will play. Even if that were the case, I suspect that Dowler travelled with them.

Whether he'll play is another story. I think he'd be a good choice to have in the team as currently our defence looks decidedly short, however I am not sure who I'd sit for him at the present from the named size. Morton is a possibility, with Ellis filling his role more or less, but as some have said, he did have a pretty decent game last week and would be rough to be dropped.

Does anyone know if Dowler's truly been dropped, or is indeed laboring under injury? Because, if he's under an injury cloud it would seem ridiculous to take him as first emergency. there's something odd about this whole thing... except of course if he's been dropped, which, to my way of thinking, is an odd decision in itself.

Who the heck is going to be on Tippet,Dangerfield,Porplyzia,Walker.
I also heard Porplyzia has not missed a shot at goal? is this correct.

I hope Dowler comes up in time for the match.

Final teams: Adel v Haw

• ADELAIDE v HAWTHORN
    Adelaide
    B: Graham Johncock, Ben Rutten, Andy Otten
    HB: Michael Doughty, Scott Stevens, Andrew McLeod
    C: Chris Knights, Simon Goodwin, David Mackay
    HF:
    Brad Symes, Patrick Dangerfield, Nathan Bock
    F: Jason Porplyzia, Brad Moran, Richard Douglas
    Foll: Kurt Tippett, Tyson Edwards, Scott Thompson
    I/C: Nathan van Berlo, Taylor Walker, Bernie Vince, Ivan Maric

Changes to the selected side