Preview Round 10 - Geelong Cats v Port Adelaide Power, Simonds Stadium, Thursday 25th May 7:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I've heard some Port people already say they want to get into the ground a little later so they don't have to witness Geelong's 2007 premiership players parade and GF highlights package.

That's not going to intimidate me. I'll sit there and watch if I have to.
I'll be there and I don't give a **** what they do pre-game as I'll be busy watching highlights of the 2004 QF on you tube and stuffing my face with unhealthy food.

You guys off the two week break should be in with a good shot here.
Geelong coming off a physical game last week.

And there it is. The good old "You only won because you had a longer break", or "lol you lost to a side that was clearly buggered" call.

And there it is. The good old "You only won because you had a longer break", or "lol you lost to a side that was clearly buggered" call.

As predictable a setup as "knock knock" and about half as clever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Setting the stage. It's a survival mechanism. They'll be in tears by the end of the season.

Let's face it, if this scenario played out it would have been the single biggest fluke of a premiership in the history of the game.

We had a rag tag team of ageing stars and mediocre but enthusiastic and confident young players. We won nearly every close game we played, including consecutive last kick wins against fellow top four contenders late in the season. We finished 2nd with a record of 15-7, which is historically low but was enough to claim two home finals. We came from behind to beat West Coast by less than a kick in the QF with Cousins tearing his hamstring mid game and Judd literally limping around all night. The team we played in the PF was a team of honest triers who were expected to take out the wooden spoon pre season - and they played like it on the day.

Don't get me wrong, we played decent footy in 2007 and were probably the second best team in what was admittedly a weak year. But gee we rode our luck for 24 weeks and then got it all paid back in one big hit on grand final day.
Brilliant summation

lol Danger is going to scissor us. Ryder is again very important. If he isn't hitting our players with taps and they shark it, goodnight. If he can manage that though, it will go a long way to curbing the influence of Danger and Selwood.

Hard tag=/=accountable opponent.
Ebert will have some responsibility for Dangerfield, and SPP and/or Wines will be briefed to take on Selwood. The question is, will the Geelong pair be as accountable?

lol Danger is going to scissor us. Ryder is again very important. If he isn't hitting our players with taps and they shark it, goodnight. If he can manage that though, it will go a long way to curbing the influence of Danger and Selwood.
Hard tag=/=accountable opponent.
Ebert will have some responsibility for Dangerfield, and SPP and/or Wines will be briefed to take on Selwood. The question is, will the Geelong pair be as accountable?
None of this will matter because they'll have an extra player at each contest who will cut us up, Duncan or Guthrie or whoever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back