HF: Mackie, Graham, Haynes
F: Riccardi, Mooney, Kingsley
FOLL: King, Chapman, Ablett
I/C: Moloney, D.Johnson, Playfair, Gardiner, Bartel, Spriggs, Tenace
IN: Gardiner, Bartel, Spriggs, D.Johnson
OUT: Corey (knee)

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
Ah, we beat Port last year as well.

I think the "in adelaide" part of the statement was the crux of the assertion.

I expect the Cats to win the midfield where the majority of Port's outs have come from. If they regularly do, I can't see our defence holding up on a regular basis.

Should be a good game. Cats by around 18

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
Ah, we beat Port last year as well.

Very true-- and what a win that was. Not just the four points, but the manner in which it was achieved. Heart-stopping stuff...

But as for the "in Adelaide" part that Roweman was referring to, this may very well be our best chance to win a game interstate for many, many moons ago. Our confidence right now, combined with Port's depleted squad (even with Wanganeen and Pickett coming back), that sets us up quite nicely for the possibility of a win.

Originally posted by GeeCat
Justice has been served ;)

Not just yet.

Knowing Thompson, if Jimmy plays, he'll have limited opportunities off the bench.

Still, i hope Jimmy rips it up and proves his value.

If Scarlett matches up against Tredrea, that'll be a beaut clash

Wanganeen & Pickett coming back are very important pieces to the jigsaw

The one player from Port that may have got under the Cats radar is Michael Wilson, he is running into some fine form, tougher than a drill instructor, & has a motor that could power the entire Ford factory, plus he's meaner than any Pit Bull known to Sandie.

Sanderson missing out is a real blow to the Cats coz he seems to enjoy playing Port

I'm looking forward to a very competitive, high class contest, with the home ground factor giving the winning edge

Wanganeen & Pickett coming back are very important pieces to the jigsaw

My major concern also.

Especially with Wanganeen playing his 300th game, the Port boys will be determined to get up for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not confident at all. Port's win over Richmond signalled a return to a form and I'm worried we might have a downer after the great win over Essendon. I still tipped us, but not with much confidence.

If we are competitive then I will be pleased, although with Port's lengthy injury list it does give us a perfect opportunity to really cement a spot in the 8.

Originally posted by Shaitan
Especially with Wanganeen playing his 300th game, the Port boys will be determined to get up for him.

And with that celebration having been on hold for a few weeks now while Wanganeen has been struggling with his fitness, maybe the Port team will be bubbling over with emotion.

Could be a bit of a factor.

Originally posted by Catman
If we are competitive then I will be pleased, although with Port's lengthy injury list it does give us a perfect opportunity to really cement a spot in the 8.

Not to mention the top five-- as long as Melbourne beats Brisbane on top of a Geelong win over Port Adelaide.

And as long as we can dream, if Melbourne beats Brisbane handily enough, and we do the same to the Power, we might even jump into the top four. That will all come down to percentage.

Granted that's a highly unlikely scenario, but it's something that can arguably give Geelong's players an added motivation, to at least be on the cusp of a top-four place.

Thanks for the excitting game guys, lifted the morale around Alberton a little after the run of bad luck (injuries) we have been having this year.
I really thought the cats were going to get us here, over the past month they have really impressed and I am sure that if we make the finals which I think we will, we shall run into each other again.
Also to a few of the Geelong fans on this board, Phat, shaitan, Turbo, Geecat etc give yourselves a pat on the back. I respected your congrats on the Port board, not something we see a lot and it is great to hear opposition sides actually praise an opposition side up after defeat instead of making lousy excuses. Well done guys, I will be keeping an eye on the cats and hoping everything goes well for you guys in 2004.

Melbourne did a brilliant job at dropping percentage today. Provided we can win the rest of our games, Adelaide game is the most difficult, we should get a top 4 spot. Melbourne won't win in Perth against the Eagles and Sydney and Carlton at OO will be tough games.

Unwritten_Law said:
Melbourne won't win in Perth against the Eagles and Sydney and Carlton at OO will be tough games.

I hope that West Coast will beat Melbourne, however I think that Melbourne may just get over the top, as they did beat Freo over there earlier in the year, yes that was a very wet day, however they did just return from a shalacking at the hands of Brisbane and was a very good win over the dockers, having said that, I think that if it is a dry day West Coast will win, if it rains Melbourne will win.
I think Melbourne's toughest game will be against Sydney this week, with the death of their trainer that will be enough to get Sydney over the line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back