Preview Round 10 - Geelong v Carlton, GMHBA, Saturday 7:25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I'm hearing Harry won't play (foot), and whispers are he won't play again this year, does anyone know more?
I have very guilty mixed feelings about this prospect.

IF HT is out, structurally it's probably not the worse thing to be going back to two tall defenders in Blicavs & Stewart, with Henry as our medium size defenders, with Kolo & Brews playing on the positions small forwards.

That is the structure that was working for us - so I'd be happy if we reverted back to that

So it's Djilang Round for us, Djilang means Geelong.

Geelong Cats raise awareness of shared histories, cultures + achievements by Aboriginal people, ahead of Reconciliation Week.

Players will wear the names of their countries on the back of their guernseys.

AFL
  • Brandan Parfitt - Larrakia/Yawuru/Warramungu - NT;
  • Tim Kelly - Noongar - WA
  • Jamaine Jones - Barkindji - NSW
VFL
Quinton Narkle - Noongar/Wajuk/Balardung - WA

-A9F8-7958F3F95F219BFCCDE5610F-B7EA-B851-FEBC5782639085D43front_Hero_Online1.jpg
0A771669-9F20-6DF8-052A65521A75FD20ScreenShot2018-05-21at1.39.10pm.jpg

Designed by Nathan Patterson

Elements of the design:
Centre piece represents a meeting place (the U shapes & Circle)
In the circle is a silhouette of the YouYangs, below the mountains is the Barwon River, which flows into the Ocean
Behind the YouYangs is the rising Sun, representing Kardinia Park which in Waddawurrung language means "the First Rays of Light"
The Dotwork in the hoops symbolises the Saltwater and in the white is the symbol for freshwater/running water.

Sorry going to slightly detour but thats a great post; love to see the names around geelong including kp have the indigenous name with it. Is thus Geelong from an indigenous place name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If true, how would House and Gardener feel. In the best numerous times actually playing in defense only to be shafted for a bloke who's played there a couple of times in his life.

House has been out injured but Gardner should be worried if Black plays ahead of him.

House has been out injured but Gardner should be worried if Black plays ahead of him.
He should be worried as Black is preferenced in defence over him atm, so much so he's playing CHF.

Sorry going to slightly detour but thats a great post; love to see the names around geelong including kp have the indigenous name with it. Is thus Geelong from an indigenous place name?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks Nickoo.

Yes, it is. Djilang is the Aboriginal word for Geelong of the Wathaurong people, or Wadda Wurrung language they say 'kim barne barre Wadda Wurrung'- (this is the land of the Wadda Warrung.

Djilang has a meaning similar to “a place of the sea bird over the white cliffs”.
'Kardinia' meaning 'Sunrise' in the Aboriginal language.
Both have beautiful meanings.

Geelong Cats runs a programme - Djilang Programme, where local Aboriginal children explore + celebrate their culture through art.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...ful-success-&usg=AOvVaw2l8ei65rZtz3BrzLm3p_IM

I really loved the symbolism in the Geelong guernsey for Djilang Round.

Also, Jamaine Jones playing, well debuting this round has great meaning, when you consider he was given away for adoption, spent four years in a Mildura group home + was adopted by a loving family. Now playing for Geelong, it's a story of success from adversity. Too many Aborigines live in dreadful circumstances, unable to break the cycle of despair. Jamaine's story is inspiring + I just wish him the greatest happiness in life.

He should be worried as Black is preferenced in defence over him atm, so much so he's playing CHF.
Or maybe they are hoping that he will be a better forward prospect than Stanley and if so we can move Ratugolea to the #1 ruck position

More just that I'm not terribly upset if the rumour is true.

If it's any consolation, I think you're one of quite a few who'd prefer to see our Defence remain as it was when Taylor was out.

What would be very sad is if Taylor isn't able to play again + retires.

They do have Curnow and Cripps but still even with Kreuzer likely slapping us up we should be obliterating this midfield.
Seems Doc that the opposition clubs have decided to use our high profile mids as motivation to lift there own boys to greater heights and take a scalp,our challenge for the rest of the season must now be to show who's boss and brake that mind set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back