Preview Round 10 - Geelong v Carlton, GMHBA, Saturday 7:25pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Scott being the most ordinary :D

Dont see why Abbott isn't getting a go against the blues, maybe they will save him to be a scapegoat in a more lose-able game.
Because he just got toweled in the VFL.

Hot Tin Roof

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong Cats
So it's Djilang Round for us, Djilang means Geelong.

Geelong Cats raise awareness of shared histories, cultures + achievements by Aboriginal people, ahead of Reconciliation Week.

Players will wear the names of their countries on the back of their guernseys.

AFL
  • Brandan Parfitt - Larrakia/Yawuru/Warramungu - NT;
  • Tim Kelly - Noongar - WA
  • Jamaine Jones - Barkindji - NSW
VFL
Quinton Narkle - Noongar/Wajuk/Balardung - WA

-A9F8-7958F3F95F219BFCCDE5610F-B7EA-B851-FEBC5782639085D43front_Hero_Online1.jpg
0A771669-9F20-6DF8-052A65521A75FD20ScreenShot2018-05-21at1.39.10pm.jpg

Designed by Nathan Patterson

Elements of the design:
Centre piece represents a meeting place (the U shapes & Circle)
In the circle is a silhouette of the YouYangs, below the mountains is the Barwon River, which flows into the Ocean
Behind the YouYangs is the rising Sun, representing Kardinia Park which in Waddawurrung language means "the First Rays of Light"
The Dotwork in the hoops symbolises the Saltwater and in the white is the symbol for freshwater/running water.
Kitty, any chance you could copy this into @ Indigenous Cats
Ta muchly! :thumbsu::footy:

Last edited:
Thanks Kitty absolute major contribution.

Reading about JJ was heavy but such a joy to read. We did emergency foster care for 5 years. I still catch up regularly to help advise where wanted.

God I hope he goes well.

Thanks Kitty; great post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you Nickoo, I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

How wonderful of you to do emergency foster care, opens your eyes to the saddest of circumstances for children. Must be wonderful to see those you helped.

I really like the way that JJ regards Geelong Cats as his second family. If anyone deserves a break in life it's him, after such a tough start. I'm getting really excited to see him play tomorrow.

Also getting very excited to see Ablett's first game at KP since returning to Geelong. Lots to play for tomorrow night.

Interesting:

That does not sound good :( We know Geelong has serious Ruck issues, now the issue has become contentious, by escaping from the Inner Sanctum. WTF is going on?

Interesting to know that Scott can overrule the MC :think:

So Marc Murphy will be having a good look around KP tomorrow, to see if Geelong Cats might be a team to join <-- on the internets, so must be true

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
House has been out injured but Gardner should be worried if Black plays ahead of him.

Well yes probably but Blitz is the one who is playing Gardners role. Black is the right age and experience to play.. is he any good down back..not seen him there.

I was thinking they may play Ablett as a loose man down back... lets see if he can give 40 pos a shake.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Oh great....

Thats just lovely... Infighting now.

Get it stable people and fast.

GO Catters

So basically there is no I in team but there is in match committee.

MC:Chris we have all talked it out for hours , all the pros and cons and think we think Abbott , who is the form ruckman, the player who actually plays in the ruck in the vfl should debut.....

CS:Stanley kicked 4 and he plays but thanks for the effort and input guys keep up the good work. ... and if it doesn't work out we always have Danger.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
its Benny with this too so whilst he clearly gets mail - its only a story at this point.

Not the first Iron fist CS decision ive heard of either.

Still, he is the HC and when he bangs the table its on him how it goes. WE shall see.

Go Catters

ps - dont think id use my bang the table moment on Stanley but hey.... to each their own. :drunk:

I guess it gets down to how many bangs on the table you get. It better have good legs on the table.

The old stubborn it's my way or no way Chris Scott. It's concerning. It's more proof that he has his favourites and selects them regardless of form.

My major concern is that of the 3 ruckman vying for a spot in the VFL team, he selects the only one that didn't actually play ruck last weekend.

Maybe it suggests Sav will spend a fair chunk of time in the ruck with Stanley playing up forward.

Jun 5, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
The old stubborn it's my way or no way Chris Scott. It's concerning. It's more proof that he has his favourites and selects them regardless of form.

My major concern is that of the 3 ruckman vying for a spot in the VFL team, he selects the only one that didn't actually play ruck last weekend.

Maybe it suggests Sav will spend a fair chunk of time in the ruck with Stanley playing up forward.
Brilliant innit? Take a guy who has been killing it at CHF, rest him then bring him back in the ruck. Replace him with a guy who time and time and time again does not show up despite having the goods to do so. Talk about:

00602537803637-cover-zoom.jpg

Not a bad lineup. One of my first record purchases btw.

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong

It's "proof" of absolutely nothing.
In fact, it's not even worthwhile evidence of anything, let alone proof.
A lot of totally unjustified credence is being given to the completely unsourced and unsubstantiated word of a journo who has a track record of abusing his privileged position by using it to advance his own prejudiced personal opinions about players and officials.

Landgraft

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
It's "proof" of absolutely nothing.
In fact, it's not even worthwhile evidence of anything, let alone proof.
A lot of totally unjustified credence is being given to the completely unsourced and unsubstantiated word of a journo who has a track record of abusing his privileged position by using it to advance his own prejudiced personal opinions about players and officials.
100% with you on this - "mail" is just journo speak for 'have this baseless rumour'. A real story has stronger attribution and isn't just posted on twitter.

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
100% with you on this - "mail" is just journo speak for 'have this baseless rumour'. A real story has stronger attribution and isn't just posted on twitter.
It's more than this, it's a case of "have this baseless rumour which, surprise, surprise, just happens to coincide with my own prejudices about Scott, Stanley and Abbott".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back