Preview Round 10 - Geelong v Carlton, GMHBA, Saturday 7:25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's "proof" of absolutely nothing.
In fact, it's not even worthwhile evidence of anything, let alone proof.
A lot of totally unjustified credence is being given to the completely unsourced and unsubstantiated word of a journo who has a track record of abusing his privileged position by using it to advance his own prejudiced personal opinions about players and officials.
Any proof to this 'track record' you speak of?

It's "proof" of absolutely nothing.
In fact, it's not even worthwhile evidence of anything, let alone proof.
A lot of totally unjustified credence is being given to the completely unsourced and unsubstantiated word of a journo who has a track record of abusing his privileged position by using it to advance his own prejudiced personal opinions about players and officials.
That is an absolutely compelling response Fred.But f--k ya I'm going with where there is smoke there's fire.:p

There’s also no proof of anything Ben Cas said, but that doesn’t stop many considering it gospel.
The only thing we do know is that BC gets good mail regarding the club, and based on my reading of Scott I tend to believe him ... it's not the first time people have accused Scott of being stubborn and having favourites either ... we see it at the selection table continually.

The only thing we do know is that BC gets good mail regarding the club, and based on my reading of Scott I tend to believe him ... it's not the first time people have accused Scott of being stubborn and having favourites either ... we see it at the selection table continually.
What was the last piece of “good mail” he delivered?

Could easily say the same of every head coach in the AFL.
Bomber was worse still.

What was the last piece of “good mail” he delivered?
Something about Scott deciding to overrule the MC and select Stanley instead of Abbott.

Only 2 times this year has the team kicked over 100 points
Who knows, we might decide to move the ball a little faster to give our forwards a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody think this week's Carlton team looks a lot better than the one that got trounced last week?
Curnows, their ruck, and Cripps are great players.
Everybody assuming we are going to have an easy win?
I am still feeling a little circumspect and can recall our consecutive losses to Pies/Blues not so long ago.
We will need to be ravenous for Blues Blood today.

No idea if there is any truth to the story doing the rounds here.

If it is actually based on real 'inside info' from a member of the MC, I'm far more concerned about their cowardice in leaking these details than in the arbitrary matter of whether Stanley or Abbott was selected to ruck in the ones this week.

Neither Rhys nor Ryan could be considered a stand-out choice for the role. Stanley has often disappointed in that position and Abbott has hardly 'banged the door down' to any meaningful degree. It's clearly not 'utter madness' to select either of them for the job. And if we had anyone going even reasonably well in that position, neither of them would be seriously considered.

So it's actually far more disturbing to think that grown men can't behave like adults and treat each other with some respect in airing their different views. I certainly don't expect them to agree about everything. Robust exploration of all the options has to take place. But once the decision is made (and, ultimately, there will be times where the person at the top has to break the deadlock), you have to anticipate that they will retain a semblance of solidarity and seek to resolve their differences internally so that they can work together in the future.

If relationships have broken down to the point where key players walk away from the table and divulge confidential information with the clear intent to besmirch others, you know it wil all end very, very badly.

And the choice for it to end that way will be mostly on the individual who couldn't keep their own counsel and felt the need to indiscriminately attack someone from afar when they should be openly communicating with that colleague instead.

Integrity is always your greatest asset. Once it evaporates, you have very little left on which to stand.

Last edited:

Definitely not assuming that.

Although, as we have enunciated to many on here in the past, it matters not whether we as fans are anticipating an easy win or a 10-goal loss.

All that matters is the mindset of the players and coaching staff as they approach this game.

And if it is as lax and reactive as it clearly was last week, we are in for another frustrating (and potentially shattering) day out for the hoops.

Anybody think this week's Carlton team looks a lot better than the one that got trounced last week?
I am still feeling a little circumspect and can recall our consecutive losses to Pies/Blues not so long ago.
We will win by ten goals.

This will be a bloodbath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back