Preview Round 10 - Hawthorn Hawks vs Brisbane Lions, York Park Sunday 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike whiting seems to think Payne will stay forward and Fullarton will play back. I can’t see that being the case. Move Payne back to his more natural position and make fullarton the deepest target is the most logical solution.

I can see the logic in keeping Payne forward. If hes going to keep playing the position till Mcstay/Daniher come back then let him get used to it. Fullarton has been playing back in the VFL hasnt he?

I can see the logic in keeping Payne forward. If hes going to keep playing the position till Mcstay/Daniher come back then let him get used to it. Fullarton has been playing back in the VFL hasnt he?

I don’t think so. They’ve been playing in their normal positions in the VFL. Fullarton played down back against the bulldogs in the preseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mike whiting seems to think Payne will stay forward and Fullarton will play back. I can’t see that being the case. Move Payne back to his more natural position and make fullarton the deepest target is the most logical solution.
Mike Whiting has been wrong a few times, not sure where he is getting his mail. Had Fullarton in the side against WC, but Payne was picked. Agree with your comments

Danger game.
Agree. Hawks have dropped a bit from their earlier games but what they have shown in each game for periods is that they can be the dominant team on the field. We cannot start like we did against the Crows as for me it was quite evident that we were still in first gear. If we give the Hawks a sniff I feel they will grab it with both hands especially in Launceston.

There are rumours on Facebook about Zorko tweaking his calf. I assume it is BS, can anyone confirm either way?

I expect we will lose the midfield battle again or at least have it be 50/50. Our forwards will probably win the game for us, but midfield still a concern. Surprised we arent trying to change it up to be more dominant in that area before the finals series

Hawks have about the worst midfield group in the comp and a battered ruck division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back