Oppo Camp Round 10 North vs South Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't worry. I remember it well. Carey did OK that day as far as I recall. Not so sure that dunkley had any impact though.
Dunkley playing was no disadvantage to us as he was an overrated scragging spud (not unlike half of Sydney's current backline). Probably his highlight for the game was the fresh air punch he took at a Peter Bell kick from about 70 metres out that bounced through for a goal.

Don't worry. I remember it well. Carey did OK that day as far as I recall. Not so sure that dunkley had any impact though.
Dunkley playing was no disadvantage to us as he was an overrated scragging spud (not unlike half of Sydney's current backline). Probably his highlight for the game was the fresh air punch he took at a Peter Bell kick from about 70 metres out that bounced through for a goal.

How he played is not the issue.

The fact that he played is.

How come Jason McCartney didn't play in 99?

How he played is not the issue.

The fact that he played is.

How come Jason McCartney didn't play in 99?
For a start, what McCartney did was flagrant, downright dumb and caught on camera. Open and shut case. You think if the Mick Martyn/Simon Black incident in the same game led to Martyn having to appear before the tribunal that we wouldn't have pulled out all stops to delay it?

The Dunkley incident was not captured on video and the charges laid were based on a typically cack-handed and shambolic Collo investigation. The AFL basically gave the lawyers the ammo to mount a reasonable case that natural justice was denied.

Don't read the above as me endorsing what Sydney did, it's just typical of the sh*t, entitled behaviour that this mob have displayed for decades.

However, at the end of the day, who really cares? We won the flag and Dunkley was a liability for the Swans. Who knows, his replacement may have played a blinder and led them to victory. As far as I'm concerned, Sydney rolled the dice and it backfired on them.

For a start, what McCartney did was flagrant, downright dumb and caught on camera. Open and shut case. You think if the Mick Martyn/Simon Black incident in the same game led to Martyn having to appear before the tribunal that we wouldn't have pulled out all stops to delay it?

The Dunkley incident was not captured on video and the charges laid were based on a typically cack-handed and shambolic Collo investigation. The AFL basically gave the lawyers the ammo to mount a reasonable case that natural justice was denied.

Don't read the above as me endorsing what Sydney did, it's just typical of the sh*t, entitled behaviour that this mob have displayed for decades.

However, at the end of the day, who really cares? We won the flag and Dunkley was a liability for the Swans. Who knows, his replacement may have played a blinder and led them to victory. As far as I'm concerned, Sydney rolled the dice and it backfired on them.

I don't care.

This is a banter thread where I pointed out how they cheat and this was one example.

BY UNPOPULAR DEMAND

Preview thread is currently more tainted than Sydney's history, lets try and keep the cross code banter in here.

AA Defender Robbie Tarrant to keep AA Fender Bendererer Buddy to a single goal, while Syndey fans are to be left in tears at the number of long range tries JZ kicks on their child-sized oval,
Seeing as our child sized oval is larger than yours, does that make yours infant-sized? I'm unaware of the child measurement scale

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing as our child sized oval is larger than yours, does that make yours infant-sized? I'm unaware of the child measurement scale
So the SCG is larger than Etihad Stadium? Dimensions of Arden St were increased to the size of Etihad over three years ago.

Off you go, peewee.

So the SCG is larger than Etihad Stadium? Dimensions of Arden St were increased to the size of Etihad over three years ago.

Off you go, peewee.
Correct, the playing area of the SCG is larger than Etihad. Arden St is irrelevant unless you plan to play some games there?

Correct, the playing area of the SCG is larger than Etihad. Arden St is irrelevant unless you plan to play some games there?
Not according to the AFL.

As for Arden St, I assume that the concept of a team having the same home base for over a century is difficult concept for a Sydney Swans (Est. 1982) bandwagoner supporter to grasp.

Not according to the AFL.

As for Arden St, I assume that the concept of a team having the same home base for over a century is difficult concept for a Sydney Swans (Est. 1982) bandwagoner supporter to grasp.
Where does the AFL say Etihad is bigger than the SCG? Certainly if you do the math off the ground dimensions you'll see I'm right.

I wasn't born in 1982. The Swans have been in Sydney my whole life, so if that counts as a bandwagoner for you, then that's what I am.

You seem to be infatuated with Scott. Anything you want to tell us? No judgment here.

Scotty is alright if you can look past his whinging, sooking, poor coaching, questionable recruiting, punchable face & general campaignerness.

I actually believe the decision was correct, when the free kick was called Priddis held the ball behind his back, boomer knocking it out in my opinion was largely irrelevant as Priddis clearly didn't return the ball as quickly as possible

What is it with you #lolnorf fans bringing your facts to the banter thread and filling your preview thread with wishful thinking?

Scotty is alright if you can look past his whinging, sooking, poor coaching, questionable recruiting, punchable face & general campaignerness.

I looked past your poor banter, bad jokes, inability to take a hint and questionable life choices and realised that you are still a massive campaigner.

Last edited:
What is it with you #lolnorf fans bringing your facts to the banter thread and filling your preview thread with wishful thinking?

Sorry, I just remember the massive overreaction at the time.

Back to the banter

#beatsouf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back