Preview Round 10 Preview/Changes vs Sydney (#IndigenousRound) [Wells/Wright in for Ray/Mullett]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper2Jester

Cancelled
Mar 4, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Gibbo can only tag a winger.

I've never seen him start in the centre square.

Fair enough. Hannerbury is a strong runner though so he could follow him around the ground. But yep, doubt we will tag anyone without Jacobs out

Sep 8, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I love Heeney and think he will be a gun. He is already displaying consistency of someone who will reach the a-grade level in the coming seasons. But calling him AA is a bit of a reach.

All these half forwards/forward pockets are statistically on par or better than Henney at this stage of the season:Steve Johnson, Luke Bruest, Tom Lynch (Adelaide), Dayne Zorko, Alex Fasolo, Eddie Betts, Jake Stringer, Steven Motlop, Brent Harvey and hell Even Aaron Young from Port.

Then you also have Michael Walters and Cyril Rioli who are also around the mark in terms of output.

Not only that is he will be competiting with a number of goal kicking midfielders who they put on the half forward flank every year. Guys like Parker, Hannabury, Ziebell, Aaron Hall, Toby Greene and Dustin Martin.

I rate him, but just don't see it happening myself.
Maybe not...

Thirrul is having an ordinary year, Motlop is fat plodder, Zorko is uneven and playing in a side that's getting routinely flogged. SJ is having a great year, for an old bloke...

Anyway, it's all just wind. We'll see how he goes tonight. Who do you think will get the job on him?

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Maybe not...

Thirrul is having an ordinary year, Motlop is fat plodder, Zorko is uneven and playing in a side that's getting routinely flogged. SJ is having a great year, for an old bloke...

Anyway, it's all just wind. We'll see how he goes tonight. Who do you think will get the job on him?

As I said I think he is a gun. Not underselling his achievements what so ever.

Probably McDonald or Wright I would say. McDonald and Wright are probably best to match him in the air. I'd be worried about McDonald at ground level though.

ArjenTheGreat

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2005
Arden St
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Maybe not...

Firitto to knock him out in first 5 minutes.

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
Any wind? They said it would be windy.
so/so got buffeted around on the motorbike going over the bridge this morning but no more than usual. Can see only 1 sailing boat on the harbor at the moment and its pretty upright. No white caps out there, and the flag on the building opposite my building can only be described as "dead set flacid".....will venture out shortly and report back.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
I love Derm when he writes, he is genuinely one of the better analysts out there. Is generally quite un-bias when he puts pen to paper.

Such a shame that when he commentates he loves the sound of his own voice.
Derm's ghost writer manages to tone down the narcissism and manages to make him seem like a somewhat normal human being. It is a good article though.

As for Heeney, I think Spud will play on him. McDonald and Wright won't be able to go with him in the air and the likes of McGlynn, Rohan and their other smalls. Spud is a perfect match up for him imo.

Ps Rohan will be a big headache for you guys as well.

Rohan - quick and 188cm

Shaun Atley - quick and 189cm
Jamie Macmillan - quickish 188cm

We have options for Rohan and here are a couple illustrating how evenly matched the sides are in most areas.

Sep 8, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
You soft utensils. I get banned from posting on your board because I assumed you won't be booing Lindsay Thomas.. The biggest hypocrites you swannettes

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Yeah but you lose your s**t a lot. I've seen you go off. Plus I post mostly in the bay, as the board often gets too serious.

We've been having some light-hearted, good humoured banter. Rerax, as he Chinese say.

Champion Data's pressure factor is not easily accessed unless you want to pay big bucks. However you can Google the definitions and sides with 183 pressure factor and above win around 85% of games. It includes all sorts of acts that disrupt opposition ball movement, not just tackling eg force a player to kick without steadying.

It's fair to say that Essendon in their last quarter against us were able to steady for every single disposal but not Carlton last week when Dumont headed our pressure acts with 25 and Nahas was 4th with 18. On the other hand Ray had 10 and Mullet just 6.

A lot of supporters are just not interested in pressure acts or the team's pressure factor and deride them. They judge players purely on how many times they get it and what they do with it, which is important no doubt but if you don't apply pressure at AFL level, you will get slaughtered no matter what. The same supporters are then furious when the opposition move the ball with ease up the ground and then usually blame the back line when a goal is kicked. So those supporters do actually care about pressure, but they rarely factor it in to their selection opinions.

As much as I don't really like the Herald Sun, they do include individual pressure acts in their stats. I've watched them closely each week and our players who score highly don't get dropped the following week. Disrupting an opposition possession is as important as having a clean one yourself. Our ability to bring that each week - and our team is apparently ranked elite in this area after 9 rounds, is what is unsettling the opposition and what the coaching staff are focusing on every week.

Wells was topping pressure acts with about 24 a week until he rested. It's not fashionable, alot of fans don't give a rat's about it, but it's the first thing I look at now. Being at the ground you get a good sense of who is applying it but definitely not on TV. Champion Data have 2 guys just doing pressure stats for each game - you cannot just ball watch to pick it up.

So anyway, not surprised Nahas held his spot.
I would luv to know Dals pressure acts.
Ps great post

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah but you lose your s**t a lot. I've seen you go off. Plus I post mostly in the bay, as the board often gets too serious.

We've been having some light-hearted, good humoured banter. Rerax, as he Chinese say.
Totally wrong about losing my s**t. They said Lindsay is a ducking cheating dirty player that's why booing is justified, so I posted this clip. I guess they were upset by it.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back