Game Day Round 10: Reigning Premiers Vs Plodding Crows

Reminiscence

All Australian
Sep 8, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
New York Rangers, Charlotte Hornets
Sitting at a healthy 6-3; the Reigning Premiers are trying to entrench themselves in the top 8.
It was a glorious win over the Dees, and Ryan's mark was like the cherry on top of the sundae. Glorious.
And the Crows beat the Power.
Much like last year, the Crows are just looking to try and get by, make ends meet, get some attention for anything but their woeful last year's performance.
Eagles also want some attention from the VIC media for being the Reigning Premiers, not that it's very forthcoming.
In fact, I feel a song coming along...

Thanks Nollsy you true blue Aussie battler. Probably voted for Liberal as well, look how far that's gotten ya (Pretty damn far, you seen his missus?)
We're all still bitter that you got robbed in the Australian Idol Final.

The Eagles pulled the heist of the century according to the Victorian scum from the outhouse of Australia.
Couldn't do it. Not enough depth. Poor Midfield. No Nic Nat. No Gaffy. No Chances. Who's Jack Redden? Dom Sheed?
But the Eagles rose from the ashes of a fallen Priddis and Sam Mitchell to light the way.
No man has had more impact on the West Coast Eagles since our fallen brother Tommy Swift.
And yeah, Mitchell was pretty good for us, but still, look at goldilocks in full motion.

1558519658009.png

Yes...he is moving in the picture. That's his usual leg speed, not just your eyes playing tricks.

The Crows, well they plodded along.
With the turning circle of a barge, the Crows organization underperformed last year, missing the top 8.
They've disappointed Adelaide harder than you coming home from work at the ripe old age of 30 to find out Mother dearest is once again making Tuna and Liver Stroganoff for tea.
This year, they're back.
They're back with a vengeance, with all the power of Josh Jenkins sneaking a few cheeky goals in garbage time.

1558519900310.png

Yeah good sharking of the ball mate, bit tough getting the ball with some pressure on ya?

Key Matchups:

Dom Sheed Vs Tackling:
Critical battle in the middle. Dom gets plenty of the ball, but sees plenty of the ball go past him.
All will see if Dom decides to raise his arms and try to even touch an opponent with the ball.
He may not, tackling germs are pretty bad for a guy with leather poisoning...

Josh Jenkins Vs Garbage Bin
Both are absolute monsters at scoring plenty of trash by putting in absolutely no effort but just standing in the right spot at the right time.
It's a God given talent, about as useful as being able to unwrap your new fridge without suffocating yourself with the plastic wrapping.
Jenkins if he returns will be looking for some sneaky ones out the back.
If not, he'll need to find a few more sneaky goals in the SANFL before he's recalled back.

Bunga Hurn Vs Schoey's Hairline
It's time for Bunga to go forward with Solar Panels Schoey and shave it all off.
He's our glorious Captain, and he would look even more glorious with a strip missing down the middle of his forehead.
It'll make that armadillo of a man more streamline.
It's about as effective as painting a yellow racing stripe down the middle of your 32 inch rims wheelie bin.

Schofield vs Rotham
One put in the greatest games from a backman for all time and arguably won us the GF #Schocialmedia
The other is an excellent up and coming talent, forged through the numerous beatings of the Trinity of Trouble - Kennedy, Darling and McDougall.
Whoever comes in for Jetta will jettison Oscar Allen out of the Bulls Whatsapp group faster than Bill Shorten smashing through a Democracy sausage.
Democracy never tasted so good!

Eagles by 34.

Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, GSW Bandwagoner
Sitting at a healthy 6-3; the Reigning Premiers are trying to entrench themselves in the top 8.
It was a glorious win over the Dees, and Ryan's mark was like the cherry on top of the sundae. Glorious.
And the Crows beat the Power.
Much like last year, the Crows are just looking to try and get by, make ends meet, get some attention for anything but their woeful last year's performance.
Eagles also want some attention from the VIC media for being the Reigning Premiers, not that it's very forthcoming.
In fact, I feel a song coming along...

Thanks Nollsy you true blue Aussie battler. Probably voted for Liberal as well, look how far that's gotten ya (Pretty damn far, you seen his missus?)
We're all still bitter that you got robbed in the Australian Idol Final.

The Eagles pulled the heist of the century according to the Victorian scum from the outhouse of Australia.
Couldn't do it. Not enough depth. Poor Midfield. No Nic Nat. No Gaffy. No Chances. Who's Jack Redden? Dom Sheed?
But the Eagles rose from the ashes of a fallen Priddis and Sam Mitchell to light the way.
No man has had more impact on the West Coast Eagles since our fallen brother Tommy Swift.
And yeah, Mitchell was pretty good for us, but still, look at goldilocks in full motion.

View attachment 678572

Yes...he is moving in the picture. That's his usual leg speed, not just your eyes playing tricks.

The Crows, well they plodded along.
With the turning circle of a barge, the Crows organization underperformed last year, missing the top 8.
They've disappointed Adelaide harder than you coming home from work at the ripe old age of 30 to find out Mother dearest is once again making Tuna and Liver Stroganoff for tea.
This year, they're back.
They're back with a vengeance, with all the power of Josh Jenkins sneaking a few cheeky goals in garbage time.

View attachment 678573

Yeah good sharking of the ball mate, bit tough getting the ball with some pressure on ya?

Key Matchups:

Dom Sheed Vs Tackling:
Critical battle in the middle. Dom gets plenty of the ball, but sees plenty of the ball go past him.
All will see if Dom decides to raise his arms and try to even touch an opponent with the ball.
He may not, tackling germs are pretty bad for a guy with leather poisoning...

Josh Jenkins Vs Garbage Bin
Both are absolute monsters at scoring plenty of trash by putting in absolutely no effort but just standing in the right spot at the right time.
It's a God given talent, about as useful as being able to unwrap your new fridge without suffocating yourself with the plastic wrapping.
Jenkins if he returns will be looking for some sneaky ones out the back.
If not, he'll need to find a few more sneaky goals in the SANFL before he's recalled back.

Bunga Hurn Vs Schoey's Hairline
It's time for Bunga to go forward with Solar Panels Schoey and shave it all off.
He's our glorious Captain, and he would look even more glorious with a strip missing down the middle of his forehead.
It'll make that armadillo of a man more streamline.
It's about as effective as painting a yellow racing stripe down the middle of your 32 inch rims wheelie bin.

Schofield vs Rotham
One put in the greatest games from a backman for all time and arguably won us the GF #Schocialmedia
The other is an excellent up and coming talent, forged through the numerous beatings of the Trinity of Trouble - Kennedy, Darling and McDougall.
Whoever comes in for Jetta will jettison Oscar Allen out of the Bulls Whatsapp group faster than Bill Shorten smashing through a Democracy sausage.
Democracy never tasted so good!

Eagles by 34.

Lovely preview. Especially like the Jenkins photo. Put your hands in the air like you just don’t care

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
If we slog out a win, miraculous, hallelujah!- and we haven't even found top form.
If we lose, meh, still got time on our side - and we haven't even found top form.
Democracy and truth died with those sausages- corruption, fake news, dirty deeds and lies
are now the new normal. Can we saw off QLD, it's rotting? :cool:

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
80% chance of rain 12:30-3:30 dropping to around 40% by 6:30. It's gun b wet. I feel if we try to wheel out our aerial champagne footy style we may as well pack up at quarter time.

We've had some hard, contested slogs lately as the opposition push numbers to the contest and inhibit our ability to use our skills in space. Hopefully that puts us in reasonable stead. This will be more of a rolling maul and we need our mids to crack in.

If we win this game I think it could be Port-esque in that it really gives belief to coach and players. If we go for our marks in the D50 and spill them for the Crows smalls to crumb and goal, I will ragequit.

West Coast 06

Premium Platinum
Jun 5, 2006
Home
AFL Club
West Coast
I haven’t watched Adelaide play this year, mainly because I have lost interest in watching other games due to the standard of umpiring. I was surprised to see them third last week as people seemed to be talking them down a lot.

Will be a hard game to win IMO. If we manage it, it will be season defining.

Go Coasters!

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
If we play 4 quarters we'll win, even with the outs. WC is the better team. But we haven't done that all year and I have NFI which Eagles side will show up.

Lord knows it would be a great game to pull it all together. Win this game and the Premiership defence is well and truly back on.

We're finishing strong which means our players are starting to regain fitness, important players are back in form and talent is coming back.

Get it done WC. And Darling, dear god Darling, even a cameo would be nice.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I haven’t watched Adelaide play this year, mainly because I have lost interest in watching other games due to the standard of umpiring. I was surprised to see them third last week as people seemed to be talking them down a lot.

Will be a hard game to win IMO. If we manage it, it will be season defining.

Go Coasters!

Their form line isn't overly convincing.

They lost to Hawks then beat Swans in Sydney so it was hard to see where they were at. They followed up with losses to the Cats and N0rf and people assumed they wouldn't go top 4.

Since then they've gone on a 4 game winning streak albeit against questionable opponents. One could argue there's only a single good win amongst that lot.

Beat up the Suns, beat the Saints, Freo, Port. Saints was the only game they travelled in that block of 4 rounds, and then they lost to Brisbane by a point last weekend.

They've played 3 top 8 sides and beaten one, on their home deck. Their other wins come against 9th, 13th, 14th, 16th.

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Yeah Darling needs to be read the riot act by Simmo this week. Put up or p*ss off.

EDIT: Why is "piss" not censored but "p*ss off" is?

I was chatting with the old man about the enigma that is Darling. And we agreed it was best summed up in the GF when he dropped that mark. You can see in that moment how much his head plays with his game. For a split second he was out of the game and then the switch and animal intensity he followed it up with to make amends.

I just want to see him get aggressive. It might not be in his nature, but he can play the part until it becomes more natural. Just play on the edge, throw around his strength. I'd rather see him risk a suspension or free kick and impose himself, than for him to drift and have no impact.

What I'm saying is, he needs to get in the contest. I wonder if the coaching staff have considered throwing him into the midfield. I know it sounds absolutely ridiculous, really left field stuff, like beyond crazy, but it's worth a shot. :)

eagle eyed

Team Captain
Nov 1, 2013
As far from Freo as possible
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Football Club, Liverpool FC,
I was chatting with the old man about the enigma that is Darling. And we agreed it was best summed up in the GF when he dropped that mark. You can see in that moment how much his head plays with his game. For a split second he was out of the game and then the switch and animal intensity he followed it up with to make amends.

I just want to see him get aggressive. It might not be in his nature, but he can play the part until it becomes more natural. Just play on the edge, throw around his strength. I'd rather see him risk a suspension or free kick and impose himself, than for him to drift and have no impact.

What I'm saying is, he needs to get in the contest. I wonder if the coaching staff have considered throwing him into the midfield. I know it sounds absolutely ridiculous, really left field stuff, like beyond crazy, but it's worth a shot. :)
I just wish he'd stop running under the ball. He stopped for 10 weeks last year and became the best forward in the game; this year he's back to the JD of 2017 :(

Back