Preview Round 10, 2018: Richmond v St.Kilda - MCG, Saturday 26th May, 1:45PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Tigers

Votes: 97 78.9%
  • Saints

Votes: 26 21.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helmets do not stop the brain from moving inside of the skull. In the NFL's case they can sometimes do more damage given the size and weight of the helmet itself.

It won't stop Paddy from being concussed. It will only give the kid some confidence - and he knows that.
The helmets they wear in the NFL are completely different to the ones allowed in the AFL. We need more research on AFL ones because NFL isn't relatable at all.

Steele, Acres or Dunstan. EDIT: Acres not playing
Not saying their going to beat him one one one, but body to body they may show something.

I haven't suddenly fallen in love with the Saints, but gut tells me you're a good chance here.

EDIT: Richmond can be had and be had well. A couple of years ago, North were unbeatable in the first half of the year until things suddenly went belly-up. That's the feeling I have with the Tigers now.

WCE set up a game plan that picks them apart, I reckon it's a blue print but I don't think we have the quality to go with them.

Cause I said so. Doesnt work hard enough and has shown little as yet for everyone here to pop their kegs over him.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
You do realise a lot of the Acres talk on here is taking the piss, right? Thought that would've been obvious.

He didn't work hard enough in his first couple years and that's why he was in and out of the side but this year he has done much better. Averaging 23 touches a game so far.

WCE set up a game plan that picks them apart, I reckon it's a blue print but I don't think we have the quality to go with them.

You haven't the individual talent or the sum of the collective talent?

There are some ordinary players in that Richmond team that gel as a unit.
Good on them for making stars out of Grigg, Short, Ellis, McIntosh, Lambert, Butler, Broad, Conca, Menadue.......where do I stop?

Richo said it himself - “Nathan Burke, a former champion of our footy club, has spoken to our doctors and said that whilst the research doesn’t suggest much, the player feels a bit more confident. The reality is all the research suggests that it doesn’t help much, but if you were to ask Angus Brayshaw, it didn’t do him any harm."
Because there is NO research applicable to that scenario. Hence, it doesn't say much.

Q. Do helmets help in AFL concussion cases?
A. Theres no data to contuct an assessment.
Q. Can you extrapolate from other data sets?
A. Yes, but its not applicable to AFL.
Q. So you've got nothing then?
A. No, not really.
Q. So the research doesn't suggest much atm?
A. Thats right.
Q. So why did I need my prostate checked?
A. I dont know sir, that wasn't the doctor.

Because there is NO research applicable to that scenario. Hence, it doesn't say much.

Q. Do helmets help in AFL concussion cases?
A. Theres no data to contuct an assessment.
Q. Can you extrapolate from other data sets?
A. Yes, but its not applicable to AFL.
Q. So you've got nothing then?
A. No, not really.
Q. So the research doesn't suggest much atm?
A. Thats right.
Q. So why did I need my prostate checked?
A. I dont know sir, that wasn't the doctor.
But the reasoning for them putting a helmet on him isn't because they believe there are any concussion related benefits, it's to help with his confidence, that's the point I was trying to make.

You do realise a lot of the Acres talk on here is taking the piss, right? Thought that would've been obvious.

He didn't work hard enough in his first couple years and that's why he was in and out of the side but this year he has done much better. Averaging 23 touches a game so far.
Wait wait wait.....
So you're telling me people don't actually think Acres is the Greatest player of all time???? Woah. I never...

But the reasoning for them putting a helmet on him isn't because they believe there are any concussion related benefits, it's to help with his confidence, that's the point I was trying to make.
I'd be aiming to drain his confidence not boost it - the only time he should be allowed to go near the ball is when there's no one else within cooee of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With an injury thats dam good.

With an injury thats dam good.
Yep! I think like many on our list he needs to improve but Blake is definitely not overrated. He doesn't really get spoken about at all apart from a few of us on here who reckon he can average 65 touches and 8 goals a game lol :drunk:

Heck. Pulling chicks was much easier in my day. We just belted plonkers who carried on like that. Hey Presto. Yes darling, it just so happens that I am available for the rest of the night.

Yes you can lose that. Comes down to personal motivation.

It's why Harvey and Roo played well regardless of coach or team performance.

Stop trying to tie everything back to Richo.

Personal motivation?

The two you mentioned were probably the two most professional players ever to pull on the RW&B.

If you dont think players are effected by the competence of their coach you should quit the forum. Give up your love for Richo VDS you are backing the wrong pony.

You haven't the individual talent or the sum of the collective talent?

Good on them for making stars out of Grigg, Short, Ellis, McIntosh, Lambert, Butler, Broad, Conca, Menadue.......where do I stop?

We have neither. Ordinary players and ordinary work ethic, ordinary in the way they gel. We are the beige fog, the villa crush. The only way we win is to bore teams into submission. It's a strong plan. Hasn't been working for 7 years but any day now.

Heck. Pulling chicks was much easier in my day. We just belted plonkers who carried on like that. Hey Presto. Yes darling, it just so happens that I am available for the rest of the night.

I don't know about chicks but he'd kill it down in Commercial road Prahran.

Acres is overrated. The love on this forum is ridiculous.

Nobody thinks he is the GOAT, but the undeserved love for a GOP is embarrassing.

Could be a very good player but needs to work harder. Lazy

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

You're overrated bitch. Lay off Acres, he's our god.

I know it's a foreign concept to you because you follow the Carlton Football Club, but this is what's known as 'player development'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back