Autopsy Round 10, 2018: Richmond v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes fb who stops the full forward and rebounds , better than a guy who spoils and nothing else - my view go with youth
If you think all Brown does if spoil the ball than you must not be watching closely.
He has been fantastic this year. He is the person who allows Carlisle and Jimmy to have so much space with the ball. He makes smart decisions in close situations and typically always releases to the correct player. Multiple times a game, we wouldn't have scored without Brown smartly blocking players or taping the ball towards a player in the middle of the ground.
We are also a team that is poor on leadership and brown has that in spades. The way he sets up the defence and supports the younger guys adds a lot to the team.
But I have come to expect you will never see what brown actually adds to the team and I should stop responding to your weekly criticism of him.

As a rebuilding team I don't get the point of dropping our young players to the VFL when no one is back there demanding a spot.

+1
Got to get as many games under their belts this year as we can.

If you think all Brown does if spoil the ball than you must not be watching closely.
He has been fantastic this year. He is the person who allows Carlisle and Jimmy to have so much space with the ball. He makes smart decisions in close situations and typically always releases to the correct player. Multiple times a game, we wouldn't have scored without Brown smartly blocking players or taping the ball towards a player in the middle of the ground.
We are also a team that is poor on leadership and brown has that in spades. The way he sets up the defence and supports the younger guys adds a lot to the team.
But I have come to expect you will never see what brown actually adds to the team and I should stop responding to your weekly criticism of him.
ok nath

White barely played a quarter, Clark was serviceable and Rice quite good imo. Don't know what Dunston was doing but he'd been good the last couple of weeks so wouldn't vfl him yet.

McCartin.... honestly don't know, he doesn't look up to it. I'd probably hold him until Bruce comes back unless Battle or Marshall start kicking bags at vfl level just because we bloody need to find out.
Dunstan got hurt.

The continuous potting of Paddy.

* I hope we just trade him so I can see him carve us up for the next decade in a side that has a system in place that gives a key forward a chance to actually look damaging in the forward 50 and can hit targets on the regular.

What I would love to see is for Richo just to tell Paddy to stay deep (i legit mean stand in the forward 50) an bring in Battle to roam with Membrey. He has shown he can take a contested mark and he held Rance accountable for alot of today. Roaming the wings isn't his game and I don't understand why we are trying to make him that type of player. Also before anyone tries to tell me that player doesn't exist go look at Kennedy's heat map.

Dunstan proving how bad he is...VFL.

McCartin again hopeless, VFL for sure...he is not up to the level.

White back to the 2s, 1 touch unacceptable. Even when he played 3 quarters.

Rice was average. Clark the same.

Other than that everyone else was pretty good.

Austin dominated. Webster and Steven likewise as always. GRESH 6 GOALS! loves the g, 11 goals from last 2 games there.

Ross was good again, as was Carlisle.

Richmond supporters are sooks.

Did you watch the game?

The fact that White copper a fairly nasty cork that led him to be off the field for a majority of the game was the reason for his low disposal count.

Webster was getting roasted so much at the start of the year, probably unfairly

Carrying our backline offensively

Jimmy got roasted because of his turnovers being Gilbert like
and rightly so
Cleaned that up now and is a fantastic kick

SEB Ross can stop kicking rainbows I know that
Tbh I wasn't overly impressed with the performance
Set shots are still a complete disaster imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlisle surely wont be suspended.
I posted this last night. Agree he shouldn't be rubbed out.... but
So examples of inconsistency in umpiring, media and MRP.

Jake Carlisle knocked out from knee to the head by Fyfe in a contest. Unconcious from the impact, Carlisle slumps to the ground somehow still with the ball. Tackled the ball is pinned to him while still unconcious. Carlisle assisted off the ground by trainers. Carlisle misses a week with concussion.
Umpire. No free kick, instead while unconcious gets tackled and holding the ball paid against him.
Media, purely accidental by Fyfe.
MRP, no case to answer for Fyfe.

Jake Carlisle makes head contact to JRoo with forearm while attempting a spoil in a marking contest (see the same thing 100 times a week). JRoo lands bum first then his head whiplashes against his own knee making him suffer concussion. JRoo walks off the ground still concious but a little groggy. Following assessment takes no further part in the game.
Umpire. Jake Carlisle reported on the spot and free kick paid.
Media (fox footy) Jake Carlisle will get at least 2 weeks for that you'd think.
Media. Jake Carlisle Saint or Sinner?
MRP. We'll have to wait and see won't we.

That 3rd quarter brought back membreys of the 2010 GF.

GODDARD!!!

6e6d4ef771e549c270dc30b06eca0a7c.jpg

Back when BJ could still leap, hasn't taken a mark like that for Essendon.
I will say one final thing on this

And it is a positive.

For years after bj was drafted he was written off as no good.
Many wanted to trade him and the recruiters were bagged for taking him and not Wells.
A bit like Jack Billings.

Hang in there Saints fans, Jack may just emulate bj and one day may just do something similar for us in the not to distant future.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

The continuous potting of Paddy.

**** I hope we just trade him so I can see him carve us up for the next decade in a side that has a system in place that gives a key forward a chance to actually look damaging in the forward 50 and can hit targets on the regular.

What I would love to see is for Richo just to tell Paddy to stay deep (i legit mean stand in the forward 50) an bring in Battle to roam with Membrey. He has shown he can take a contested mark and he held Rance accountable for alot of today. Roaming the wings isn't his game and I don't understand why we are trying to make him that type of player. Also before anyone tries to tell me that player doesn't exist go look at Kennedy's heat map.
Was interesting analysis on Foxfooty last night how Paddy was used to pull Rance away from the ball.

Three different ways. One he dragged him up the ground and the result was a contest by Hickey and Gresh out the back goal.

Second was he was in the goal square and would not lead. Rance stayed there and Gresh took the mark and goal.

Third Paddy took him to the on the lead for a contest.

It was fascinating and showed Paddy playing to coaches instructions sacrificing his game so the small forwards to score.

Also shows none of us know SFA about coaching and roles and how players go about it.

Gee we are an easy supporter base to please! We were good in small doses & poor for the majority of the match. A reflection of the entire year to be honest. We struggled to move the footy out of our defencive 50 & struggled with our last kick inside 50. Nothings changed for mine.

Richmond were ripe for the picking. Coming back from Perth, two down for most of the ENTIRE match & nowhere near their best albeit for a small patch of brilliance from Martin & Cotchin.

Lucky Richmond kicked poorly & we kicked incredibly accurately otherwise we would’ve been hammered by 10 goals by an undermanned & out of form Tigers team.

We will lose by 15 goals next week.

Gee we are an easy supporter base to please! We were good in small doses & poor for the majority of the match. A reflection of the entire year to be honest. We struggled to move the footy out of our defencive 50 & struggled with our last kick inside 50. Nothings changed for mine.

Richmond were ripe for the picking. Coming back from Perth, two down for most of the ENTIRE match & nowhere near their best albeit for a small patch of brilliance from Martin & Cotchin.

Lucky Richmond kicked poorly & we kicked incredibly accurately otherwise we would’ve been hammered by 10 goals by an undermanned & out of form Tigers team.
You think we are pleased because we aren't carrying on like spoilt children?

Again someone not taking into account our injuries to White, Dunstan, Newnes and Savage who sat out the last half of the 4th qtr.

Was interesting analysis on Foxfooty last night how Paddy was used to pull Rance away from the ball.

Three different ways. One he dragged him up the ground and the result was a contest by Hickey and Gresh out the back goal.

Second was he was in the goal square and would not lead. Rance stayed there and Gresh took the mark and goal.

Third Paddy took him to the on the lead for a contest.

It was fascinating and showed Paddy playing to coaches instructions sacrificing his game so the small forwards to score.

Also shows none of us know SFA about coaching and roles and how players go about it.

Yes they were very complimentary sbout the tactic.

We will lose by 15 goals next week.

It is still the best we've played this year and the players will gain some confidence from it hopefully. So yes, cautious optimism isn't out of place here.

Spot on so true but don't listen to that fkwit Paul Roos he is a waste of space and another st kilda basher...nothing wrong with trying to fkin spoil....Paul Roos is a pure fl**!

So examples of inconsistency in umpiring, media and MRP.

Jake Carlisle knocked out from knee to the head by Fyfe in a contest. Unconcious from the impact, Carlisle slumps to the ground somehow still with the ball. Tackled the ball is pinned to him while still unconcious. Carlisle assisted off the ground by trainers. Carlisle misses a week with concussion.
Umpire. No free kick, instead while unconcious gets tackled and holding the ball paid against him.
Media, purely accidental by Fyfe.
MRP, no case to answer for Fyfe.

Jake Carlisle makes head contact to JRoo with forearm while attempting a spoil in a marking contest (see the same thing 100 times a week). JRoo lands bum first then his head whiplashes against his own knee making him suffer concussion. JRoo walks off the ground still concious but a little groggy. Following assessment takes no further part in the game.
Umpire. Jake Carlisle reported on the spot and free kick paid.
Media (fox footy) Jake Carlisle will get at least 2 weeks for that you'd think.
Media. Jake Carlisle Saint or Sinner?
MRP. We'll have to wait and see won't we.

Gone I reckon.
Late to the contest, reckless decision.
Direct hit to Riewoldts head.
Riewoldt concussed meaning there was significant force.

Also Jake is no friend of the MRP.
2 weeks.

You could mount a case that Riewoldt was concussed when his head hit his own knee with force and whipped back.

You think we are pleased because we aren't carrying on like spoilt children?

Significantly pleased IMO. Reading the first few pages, it was good to see you up & about. Partying like the one win from a season in the 80s!

Reality check: we were poor yesterday & remain an extremely poor football team (Yes despite obtaining injuries during the match & being the youngest team for the round).

Spoilt? I love the way you load your questions. I’m just analysing the match & disagree with the pleasing aspect of yesterday’s game.

I hope we stay the course & continue to harshly review all aspects of the football department. I don’t want to be satisfied with honourable losses, I want this football club to go forward.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back