Round 10 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Martin had 11 clearences and has been great all year, Gysberts played well but still has only played 1 game. Martin is the most deserving player this week without a doubt

I am obviously biased but I would go with Garlett. He deserved a nomination after the St. Kilda game, and today had another great game with 14 touches, 2 goals and 9 TACKLES !!!!!!!! He supplied the team with SOOO much forward line pressure it was unbelievable to watch !!!!!!!!

I think it is funny that people are saying Gysberts had the best game. If they were watching Gysberts they wouldn't have seen Martins game. Thus they would have saw Gysberts getting 26 touches and Martin only got 21.

I didn't see Gysberts game because I was watching the Tigers but Martin will probably pull Brownlow votes for this game, can the same be said for Gysberts against Geelong in a 50 pt loss? I doubt it...

Martin has been dominating all year and deserves it...Rockliff is his opposition IMO.

So unless Demons supporters IQ'd the game against Port and watched it they can't really say Gyberts had the best game of the round because the looked at a stat sheet.

Was Martin that good?

I had a look at the Herald Sun's votes today and he didn't feature.

Anyway he's been great all year and deserves a nomination.

Didnt see Gysberts or Rockliff but have impressive numbers.

Would like to see Nason get the nod, had a belter against Port.

There's a possibility they will see this as the one chance to find a deserving nominee in a victorious Tigers side for the rest of the year; they do very much dislike nominating players from losing sides.

In alphabetical order,

Jordan Gysberts - 26 disposals 8 marks 3 tackles 4 clearances. Kept finding it over and over again. However, they don't usually give it to first gamers
Dustin Martin - 21 disposals 2 tackles 11 clearances 2 I50s 1 assist. Didn't see this one.
Ben Nason - 11 disposals 7 tackles 3 Goals 2 I50s 2 assists.
Tom Rockliff - 30 disposals 8 marks 6 I50s 2 assists. I loved his game, he's my pick.
Gary Rohan - 12 disposals 3 marks 2 tackles 3 contested marks. Not big numbers but his attack and tackling was fantastic. 2nd half was quiet though.

Anyone else?
what about young stratton who beat your beloved Adam Goodes today??

I think it is funny that people are saying Gysberts had the best game. If they were watching Gysberts they wouldn't have seen Martins game. Thus they would have saw Gysberts getting 26 touches and Martin only got 21.

I didn't see Gysberts game because I was watching the Tigers but Martin will probably pull Brownlow votes for this game, can the same be said for Gysberts against Geelong in a 50 pt loss? I doubt it...

Martin has been dominating all year and deserves it...Rockliff is his opposition IMO.

So unless Demons supporters IQ'd the game against Port and watched it they can't really say Gyberts had the best game of the round because the looked at a stat sheet.

Wow, just wow. You think it would be funny if Gysberts wins it but you freely admit you didn't see the game and you think Martin deserves it?

You just did exactly what you've accused Melbourne fans of about to do, irony at it's absolute best.

Back to the topic, Rockliff or Martin should get it, I'd be happy with either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, just wow. You think it would be funny if Gysberts wins it but you freely admit you didn't see the game and you think Martin deserves it?

You just did exactly what you've accused Melbourne fans of about to do, irony at it's absolute best.

Back to the topic, Rockliff or Martin should get it, I'd be happy with either.

It is weird because it is as if I wrote "Martins game was clearly the best of the round".

I think you misunderstood me. I said I didn't see Gysberts game, however Martin deserves it because he has consistently been doing it, not just in one game (which is not Gysberts fault as it was his debut). I wasn't saying his game was better, but due to his consistency over the first 10 rounds and the fact he had an exceptional game, maybe it was better than Gysberts maybe it wasn't, however it was a dam good game and hence he deserves the nomination.

I can see how you could easily misinterpret what I was saying and thinking I was being hypocritical but it was not my intention.

The other factor that I think will mean Martin goes close is that he was in a winning team.

On a side note I think it's ridiculous to say Natinui has wrapped this up and if the panelists are going into it already after the first few rounds thinking that for the rest of the year then it is a joke.

Dan Hannerby, Dustin Martin, Scully and Trengrove to name a few are currently having better years than Nic Nat IMO.

gysberts only had 3 handball receives and equal highest contested possessions of the game. Yet somehow managed 26 possessions, great effort, first gamer or not

I don't think they have given it to a player from a losing team all year so Gysberts is no chance. In any event Dustin Martin is way ahead of him and he shouldn't be penalized because on the week that Richmond win he played in the slop.

scully got it against the dogs.... special occasion though i think lol

I saw half of the Melb v Geel game and 3/4 of the Rich v PA game. Both players were very good. Toss a coin.

I'd like to see players in losing sides earn a nomination. Far tougher to play well in a sh*t side in your first year, than walk into a side that is winning and feeding you ball.

Gysberts and Rockliff should get one one soon but surely this is the week of Dusty 'grrrrr' Martin. Brilliant game in the wet, hopefully he doesn't follow the cash and stick with the tiges.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back