Preview Round 10 Sat Night at Etihad Vs Saint Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

It would have been illegal in SA to the best of my knowledge.

Yep, shes a little Star-****er, the players were careless, and now they have a problem (child) on their hand/s.

It's actually really sad the way the girl is being denigrated though. It's probably fair to assume that she's a groupie. But there are no indications that this has come about due to any publicity seeking on her behalf. It only became public knowledge after it was reported to her school principal, who in turn reported it to the childcare authorities - in other words, the system worked as it is supposed to.

She's not a media whore, you're right Vader, she didn't seek this. But she's gone out of her way to be with AFL footy players and lied to get them.

Shes just one of the many many footy groupies, who just happened to lie about her age and get pregnant.

The player, not the girl probably deserve the treatment they'll get, but this is modern AFL footy.

Well, I'm already on the Crows for this game @ $4.40, too good to refuse. Nailed it last week as well.

As I understand it, she attended a footy clinic which the players were giving. The players have denied that they have any recollection of meeting her, which makes sense given the number of clinics they give each day and the number of kids attending each clinic. To them she'd be just one face amongst thousands.

There's no suggestion that anything happened as a result of the clinic, everything seems to have started after the R1 game against Sydney.

Would you expect them to say any different? Not suggesting they are lying, but that's just what you would say regardless. If it was me, and we had met and had a conversation in view of everyone, I would still lie in this situation as it would come down to a word of a footballer vs the word of an alleged footy groupie and I know the footy public will always back the footballer.

I'm not sure what should happen, howver if it was my 15/16 year old daughter I would want those footballers in jail, whether she lied about her age or not.

It's actually really sad the way the girl is being denigrated though. It's probably fair to assume that she's a groupie. But there are no indications that this has come about due to any publicity seeking on her behalf. It only became public knowledge after it was reported to her school principal, who in turn reported it to the childcare authorities - in other words, the system worked as it is supposed to.

Perhaps.

Though if the Principal had actually checked his/her facts nothing would have or should have arisen.

The girl is doing VCE and so the rules allow for various dispensations for illness etc. So the girl would be silly not to seek this.

But for the Principal to have leapt to the incorrect conclusion that she met the players at the schools clinic was just the Principal flying off the handle after having made wrong assumptions.

The Principal is supposed to be looking after the girls interests, but has instead created a media and internet storm around the poor girl with her pic and name being bandied around.

After the Principal you have an ambulance chaser of a Journo prepared to throw mud with no facts.

I highly doubt anyone is being suspended or charged.

We've seen these cases and worse before and nothing ever comes of it. Expect all players to be there

Yep no charges were laid, the players names won't be revealed, the AFL won't act, its been essentially resolved. But it will be sitting over the club's head and I think it was a pretty sneaky bet cos I jumped before the odds shortened a good deal. Plus, I'm just feeling this one having watched the Saints the last few weeks.

This would be a great week for the Crows forwardline to fire, because the Saints certainly isn't, though their defence has been very good.

Easy people.. we wouldn't want to be caught gossiping like school girls. Though prehaps if they stuck to more gossiping and less star-chasing they wouldn't be in such sticky predicaments.

Anyway - as like every week this year I go into it feeling like we surely are close to turning things around and showing our 'true colours'. Start of the season this game would have been a key game for the club to have targetted as winning. Let's hope the boys can stay focussed and come out strong.

Geez I hope symes gets a game this weekend. There'll be know backwards steps or lack of effort from at least one player if he comes in. We'll need that against the Saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easy people.. we wouldn't want to be caught gossiping like school girls. Though prehaps if they stuck to more gossiping and less star-chasing they wouldn't be in such sticky predicaments.

Anyway - as like every week this year I go into it feeling like we surely are close to turning things around and showing our 'true colours'. Start of the season this game would have been a key game for the club to have targetted as winning. Let's hope the boys can stay focussed and come out strong.

Geez I hope symes gets a game this weekend. There'll be know backwards steps or lack of effort from at least one player if he comes in. We'll need that against the Saints.

2. You forgot Rodney

2. You forgot Rodney

Indeed I did good sir! Probably no suprise our insipid performances against Richmond and North Melbourne did not include him...

Captain material :)

I actually said to someone today the only permutation I'm really hung up on re: leadership group/captain etc is that Dange be VC next year. If I get that I'll be happy with what happens for the rest of it.

Would you expect them to say any different? Not suggesting they are lying, but that's just what you would say regardless. If it was me, and we had met and had a conversation in view of everyone, I would still lie in this situation as it would come down to a word of a footballer vs the word of an alleged footy groupie and I know the footy public will always back the footballer.

I'm not sure what should happen, howver if it was my 15/16 year old daughter I would want those footballers in jail, whether she lied about her age or not.
Sorry mate but in jail for what? Acting perfectly within the law? Age of consent is set at 16, so that is the law, and they acted within it.

Was she 16 or over? Why would there be a fuss if she was? Unless the principal got in a tizzy thinking it all stemmed from the footy clinic.
Apparently she was 16 (now 17). The AFL and the Victorian police have both cleared them. Nothing illegal happened.

The players were stupid not to use a condom and now one of them is going to be paying child support for the next 18 years - that's about all there is to it.

Thanks Vader, must have missed those details in the paper this morning.

Anyone doing a Face-Off this week? Sorry if it sounds like I'm telling someone to hurry up, but I look forward to the humour and insights. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back