Review Round 10 - Suns V Cats.

Remove this Banner Ad

That's what you get for getting a hotmail account when you are 15 years old! Stuck with the user name too. :oops::thumbsu:
We all feel your pain mate, I've had mine since 2005 when I was super into wrestling. (When it was still cool to like 'rasslin.)

And my original user name on here was back from around the same time when I was super into cricket.

Good on ya for naming (kinda) and shaming SUNS, racism of all types does not have a place anywhere especially at the footy. Also glad to see you alive but that's another story for another time ;)

He kinda does. He was abusing all his players up until 3/4 time. Different story when they were winning
full on.. ppl just never learn do they, even after all the stuff that has gone over the last week..
he deserve everything he gets, stupid old man

Here is the 'gentleman' in question. If anyone wants to quote my posts and put it on the main board feel free. I don't have the rep down there to pull it off.

View attachment 19993

Is this they guy who was abusive? If someone inboxes me what he said and if you have witnesses, I will certainly take it up with GFC! I'm absolutely appalled! Can't bear to think your visit was ruined by such a *****!!! I too apologise, but prefer to put my words into action!

I've been to GCS -v- Cats games on the GC and had an absolute ball! Went to an informal GCS function, where Scotty, Mooney and Stokes made an appearance and won the raffle - a ball signed by Rischitelli! While I was devo that GAJr left the Cats, I was the first person to welcome him last year as he was getting off the GCS bus. Many times I've been very outspoken when ppl criticise the 'Lurve' for GAJr. Our players absolutely adore him and both he and his Dad are the greatest of Geelong legends. I commend him for wanting another challenge and his desire to guide the Suns!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

How great was it when GAJr kicked that incredible goal and the crowd were on their feet applauding? That's what I'd prefer you to remember!

Just wanted to say how awesome your team has become in such a short time! Believe me, we Cats supporters were cheering mightily for the Suns against the Dawks! And you sure did give us a fright last Saturday, which was wonderful! Is there anything better than a contest like that game? Adore O'Meara, who's in my SC ;) And how fantastic is Wilkinson, who played a sensational game.

We had some Suns supporters near us in the Reg Hickey Stand and had some fun banter with them! Gosh they were sticking it to us for most of the game and we loved it.

As bigfarter said, 'enjoy your underdog status', because you are fast becoming a great team.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 20
Lads - sensational effort tonight against the Cats. Obviously out of petrol tickets in the last but there is some huge talent emerging at the club. Easily my second favourite team. Standouts apart from God were Prestia/Jaeger Bomb/Thompson/Matera. Love the boot on Mckenzie as well, kicks it a journey.

edit - and of course....Campbell Brown!!!
God doesn't play for Suns, you Dawk :* - Little Baby Jesus :p does ;)

Is this they guy who was abusive? If someone inboxes me what he said and if you have witnesses, I will certainly take it up with GFC! I'm absolutely appalled! Can't bear to think your visit was ruined by such a ********!!! I too apologise, but prefer to put my words into action!

I've been to GCS -v- Cats games on the GC and had an absolute ball! Went to an informal GCS function, where Scotty, Mooney and Stokes made an appearance and won the raffle - a ball signed by Rischitelli! While I was devo that GAJr left the Cats, I was the first person to welcome him last year as he was getting off the GCS bus. Many times I've been very outspoken when ppl criticise the 'Lurve' for GAJr. Our players absolutely adore him and both he and his Dad are the greatest of Geelong legends. I commend him for wanting another challenge and his desire to guide the Suns!

View attachment 20002

View attachment 20002

View attachment 20004

How great was it when GAJr kicked that incredible goal and the crowd were on their feet applauding? That's what I'd prefer you to remember!

Just wanted to say how awesome your team has become in such a short time! Believe me, we Cats supporters were cheering mightily for the Suns against the Dawks! And you sure did give us a fright last Saturday, which was wonderful! Is there anything better than a contest like that game? Adore O'Meara, who's in my SC ;) And how fantastic is Wilkinson, who played a sensational game.

We had some Suns supporters near us in the Reg Hickey Stand and had some fun banter with them! Gosh they were sticking it to us for most of the game and we loved it.

As bigfarter said, 'enjoy your underdog status', because you are fast becoming a great team.

Now that post is what the footy should be all about. Well said KA :thumbsu:

Next year we'll try to match you for four quarters.

That was a great game. Well umpired - no tiggy touchy frees :eek:

Both sides having a real dip and plenty of fast, skilful action. Geelong fans got what they wanted with the opening of their stadium and Suns fans got 3/4 of a glimpse of an exciting future.

I have seen the future !!!!

25yuglu.gif

Geelong sucks. I thought that after the week we have had the racism will have stopped. Will be posting a photo on the main board of the guy in question!

SUNS, forgive me but I don't know where main board is lol I plan to take this up with GFC and need as much info as possible for it to be effective!

SUNS, forgive me but I don't know where main board is lol I plan to take this up with GFC and need as much info as possible for it to be effective!

Hey Kitty - It is already being followed up by both Geelong and The Gold Coast football clubs (Hence the photo being taken down). But if you feel you might have a bit of pull in some way I might be able to give you some info. I really don't want the precise details made too public just out of respect for the player targeted.

Now that post is what the footy should be all about. Well said KA :thumbsu:

Next year we'll try to match you for four quarters.

That was a great game. Well umpired - no tiggy touchy frees :eek:

Both sides having a real dip and plenty of fast, skilful action. Geelong fans got what they wanted with the opening of their stadium and Suns fans got 3/4 of a glimpse of an exciting future.

I have seen the future !!!!

25yuglu.gif

Thanks SunGod, think most of our supporters think similarly and if it's any consolation, those who don't, are fools who are not suffered gladly by lots of us! While fellow Cats' opinions are respected, poor behaviour or any sort of abuse, to our players or opposition players is not tolerated! (Excepting the Poos+Wees ;) rofl :D )

I see you have photo evidence.:p

Bahahahahahahahahaha whoopsman Yes!!! He's a mercurial bastard! And the one on the left isn't such a bad player either lol Kinda looks like the Sun of God :p :D :hearts:

Hey Kitty - It is already being followed up by both Geelong and The Gold Coast football clubs (Hence the photo being taken down). But if you feel you might have a bit of pull in some way I might be able to give you some info. I really don't want the precise details made too public just out of respect for the player targeted.
OK that's fine SUNS, glad it's being dealt with and agree with the comments remaining out of the spotlight, which is why I asked to be inboxed.
I still think I might write to GFC because, while they will take it seriously, I believe the more support you get the better!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Afternoon suns fans!!

I just wanted to come over here and congratulate your boys on their last two weeks.

They were outstanding against us and were even better on the weekend.

So much young talent in one team!

You guys will be a top 8 contender definitely next year, and maybe this year.

You should be ultra proud of your boys, and goodluck for the rest of the season

I can tell you now it was not an indigenous player who was the target of the abuse. So it's probably best you don't jump to those conclusions

I do agree that a single supporter should not spoil the experience and I will be upfront an honest in saying a good 90% of the people around him told him that he was out of line.

But the feralness (is that a word lol) that we encountered after the game is something that I have never encountered. I don't mind team based banter but when large numbers of people get personal just because of the team we support, that is really uncalled for. Only just got the chance to talk with the cheer squad I was part of last night, and the stories that come back were appalling! The abuse that they copped in the walk from our misplaced seats to the players change room was horrible. My girlfriend had a 3/4 bottle of drink thrown at her. One guy was grabbed in a headlock by a drunken cats fan with his friend repeatedly saying 'suck s**t c@&t, your team are s**t'

To me that crosses the line of good humoured banter and goes into straight out abuse.

Once again it may only be a very small minority doing it, but it's something that I have never endured in my three years as a Suns fan in the AFL. Even in other one sided places like Sydney and Adelaide we don't cop that.

Mate, can you PM me the photo? I think I might know of the dude.

Will obviously not share it.

Mate, can you PM me the photo? I think I might know of the dude.

Will obviously not share it.

Sorry I don't think I can anymore. It's being investigated by both clubs and the AFL. So I have to leave it in their hands. But if you tell me what you know I can pass it on :thumbsu:

Dude, neither you or they are the police. There is absolutely nothing wrong with sending me the pic. Nothing to lose, everything to gain if its who I think it is.

You would be helping.

I know man, but I have been told not to do it, and I don't want to jeopardise my standings within the club by disobeying their requests.

It's not that I don't trust you. It's not even that I don't want to share his picture. I would love for every person on the internet to know what the guy who thinks it is ok to cross the line with these kinda things looks like. But unfortunately I have probably said too much already

''At the hotel where we were staying, all day there would have been hundreds of people, lining up out the door of the hotel reception waiting for Gary to come down the lifts. He got bombarded all day. And after the game they went back to the hotel,'' he said.
''He loved going back there, he loved it. And they loved having him back, but I could see why he left.'' Brown added that he was confident Ablett would play his last AFL match in a Suns jumper given he made the leap interstate and the young club was tracking well.

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/lifestyle-not-money-will-tempt-buddy-20130607-2nvoh.html

Remove this Banner Ad

Back