Preview Round 10 - Sydney vs Carlton @ Marvel Stadium, Friday Night Lights

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People saying they're a great mid group, elite etc

I say they've played 7 good games in a decade and have a 30 gamer up against Hickey and Ladhams

Great Friday night coming up and may the best team win

yeah, maybe i'm in for a shock but i don't really rate carlton ... i saw a bit of the game they lost to fremantle a few weeks back and they were ordinary, and they're missing players ... i'll take our midfield, too ...

If you elected to receive a membership pack and not a gift voucher, that would have been sent in the mail.
Ok can’t remember selecting anything…these damn recurring memberships…

After 2 weeks as sub and zero gametime anywhere, I'd have thought Clarke probably plays VFL this week.

For me, COR the only one to come in from reserves, joining Campbell (for Bell probably). Playing an actual defender has all sorts of flow on effects, moves others from the backline to wing (Lloyd, Florent, Campbell) or mids (Florent, Gulden, JMac more), or forward (e.g. Campbell, Gulden) and others move up (Heeney, Paps). Re-shuffle, not direct replacement for Rowy.

Wouldn't be surprised if Horse drops Logan, but I hope he stays in over Amartey or McLean.
I too would like to see COR in and people move forward but I don't think it will happen.
Bell to medi-sub and Campbell in.
Logan will stay. His stats weren't great but he did a lot.

I feel really bad for COR. He does literally everything asked of him. Performs his role dutifully (if not dominantly) when he's called up to seniors, goes back to the reserves and just looks a class above all the time.

Maybe the coaches just don't see it in him, which would be totally fair enough (even if I disagree), but why'd we sign him for 3 years then if we obviously don't see enough in him to give him the frequent chances that players like Bell gets?

He's an Irishman living on the other side of the world from his family doing the best he can for the club, and we're just kinda inadvertently stringing him along as a reserves footballer whose not actually getting a chance to better himself or his career prospects in our country.
He has been injured and has played 2 maybe 3 games back? He'll have his time. He is a depth player

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

ok then.....
I disagree with the previous posts, I think you were garbage... spent 20 years in the wilderness, going nowhere...

But, and it's a pretty big but, you guys are now playing as a team again, which is a huge step in the right direction.

I haven't seen any of your games, but I've watched a few highlight reels and you've made some significant strides.

Unfortunately, I do think we are the better team, on the proviso that we bring our pressure and kicking games,

I do reckon your guys will give us a run for our money, but I'm thinking (hoping!) we'll get up in the end.

Let's hope it's a game where we don't notice the umpires, there are no injuries, and the best team on the night wins!

With McKay, Martin , Williams and there ruck out you would be pretty disappointed to drop this one

All about the middle I guess

I am expecting us to win. Carlton have a few too many key outs I think for a game as evenly-matched as this one. Their midfield is superior though and will keep it from being comfortable for us at any point.

Agreed that if we drop this one it would be pretty poor.

I am expecting us to win. Carlton have a few too many key outs I think for a game as evenly-matched as this one. Their midfield is superior though and will keep it from being comfortable for us at any point.

Agreed that if we drop this one it would be pretty poor.
Midfield is a sum of all parts. While Carltons has some stars. Cripps, Walsh. Its got a few jobbers playing well... Kennedy and Hewett plus Cerra who has been consistent.
However their lack of a proper Ruck will hurt against Hickey.

I expect JPK to play on Cripps shoulder for most of the game. Lets be honest. Its not a speed race with those two.
I'm most worried about Walsh.

After 2 weeks as sub and zero gametime anywhere, I'd have thought Clarke probably plays VFL this week.

For me, COR the only one to come in from reserves, joining Campbell (for Bell probably). Playing an actual defender has all sorts of flow on effects, moves others from the backline to wing (Lloyd, Florent, Campbell) or mids (Florent, Gulden, JMac more), or forward (e.g. Campbell, Gulden) and others move up (Heeney, Paps). Re-shuffle, not direct replacement for Rowy.

Wouldn't be surprised if Horse drops Logan, but I hope he stays in over Amartey or McLean.
I wouldn't be surprised if Ladhams goes out and Amartey comes in..
Swans won't need 2 rucks against De Koning.. Hickey will smash him. Amartey would out ruck their back up options as well.
Amartey has been playing good footy and kicking a lot of goals in reserves.

I like COR replacing Rowbum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be surprised if Ladhams goes out and Amartey comes in..
Swans won't need 2 rucks against De Koning.. Hickey will smash him. Amartey would out ruck their back up options as well.
Amartey has been playing good footy and kicking a lot of goals in reserves.

I like COR replacing Rowbum
Yeah nah.

I like the idea of two solid ruck options to take away any midfield impetus they may have.
RJ looked to be on managed TOG vs the dons. He didn't start the match for instance.
I presume this will be the case again.

As good as Amartey is. He's a stop gap ruckman.

IMO the best swans sides have always had two solid ruck options.

Yeah nah.

I like the idea of two solid ruck options to take away any midfield impetus they may have.
RJ looked to be on managed TOG vs the dons. He didn't start the match for instance.
I presume this will be the case again.

As good as Amartey is. He's a stop gap ruckman.

IMO the best swans sides have always had two solid ruck options.
Horse said last week, 'we won't always play 2 x rucks' - No Pittonet, so this is the game.?
DeKoning is a 22yo 30 game ruck. Hickey in his 3rd game back will destroy DeKoning.
Amartey is a key forward.. highly mobile, very quick, very good contested mark, big, aggressive, long kick, can also snap a goal - huge upside.. only his body has let him down over the last 3-4 years. Amartey kicked 4 goals 2 weeks ago, and from reports, he kicked something similar last week. Out played (marks and goals) McLean.
Amartey is a very good option as a 2nd ruck. both Gawn and Nic Nat would testify to that after Amartey jumped over the top of both of them

prob won't happen, but Id like to see it

Midfield is a sum of all parts. While Carltons has some stars. Cripps, Walsh. Its got a few jobbers playing well... Kennedy and Hewett plus Cerra who has been consistent.
However their lack of a proper Ruck will hurt against Hickey.

I expect JPK to play on Cripps shoulder for most of the game. Lets be honest. Its not a speed race with those two.
I'm most worried about Walsh.

You lost me at "jobber" and "Hewett".

Horse said last week, 'we won't always play 2 x rucks' - No Pittonet, so this is the game.?
DeKoning is a 22yo 30 game ruck. Hickey in his 3rd game back will destroy DeKoning.
Amartey is a key forward.. highly mobile, very quick, very good contested mark, big, aggressive, long kick, can also snap a goal - huge upside.. only his body has let him down over the last 3-4 years. Amartey kicked 4 goals 2 weeks ago, and from reports, he kicked something similar last week. Out played (marks and goals) McLean.
Amartey is a very good option as a 2nd ruck. both Gawn and Nic Nat would testify to that after Amartey jumped over the top of both of them

prob won't happen, but Id like to see it
Ladhams had a better game than Hickey last week. I wouldn't be dropping either though. Just play Ladhams in the forward line, we'll still be fine

Ladhams had a better game than Hickey last week. I wouldn't be dropping either though. Just play Ladhams in the forward line, we'll still be fine

Yeah I love #RuckJesus, so don't think me a heathen for saying this, but he was tapping the ball like Ray Charles before his injury. Hopefully comes back in top shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back