Round 10 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rookie watch.... Willie Rioli had limited game time for East Perth Reserves in his return from a bad hamstring injury yesterday... had 16 touches, 6 marks and 4 goals. Should be in the Eagles team in no time!!

Otten> Ablett via Hibberd is a lock. Will wait and see if there's a second trade worth doing.

Who knows.

Shaw, Greene, Fyfe and Crouch (to a lesser extent) are my only disappointing non-rookies at the moment, but I can't really see myself trading any of them this week.

Rooks are:
Newman: Keeper.
Stewart - 57 on Friday night means he should have a little more money to make.
Hibberd - Eminently tradeable, but DPP link has been helpful.
Barrett - More money to make.
Myers - Obviously not.
SPP - Nearly cooked in terms of cash generation, but will be useful coverage across the bye rounds.
Bowes - Sitting with a BE of 21, so maybe a couple more games of cash generation. Also could be useful across the byes, but his job security clearly isn't as good as SPP's.
Balic - A bit torn on Balic at this stage. 'Out indefinitely' obviously a worry, but the (very unfortunate) given scenario means he might not actually be gone for that long. With a BE of 2 and cash generation being crucial at this stage, maybe it's worth holding him?
D. Cameron - No point trading.
McInnes - Obviously not.
Parsons - With his BE to drop considerably, he still has money to make.

In conclusion, I have absolutely no idea. Maybe nothing this week?

Last edited:
the Black Dragons are interested in Hugh Greenwood and premo players from PTA/GCS (maybe Ablett)

possibly considering (if doable):
Balic -> Greenwood
Roughead -> Ablett

Too early to trade Zac Jones?

Ripe for trade? Keeper?

Thoughts..?

there aren't too many defs better than him that are averaging 100+
Port & Gold Coast have had their bye making Pittard and Harbrow more attractive but i'm not convinced that's much of an upgrade
he's probably a hold for me because it would make more sense to upgrade McGrath first

Probably be pulling the trigger for GAJ after r10, so this week is all about banking some rookie cash to get there. If Rocky comes back during the bye that should my midfield done and dusted (not taking any injuries into account obviously). It's hard because GAJ has shoulders like crepe paper, but he's so quality and has a big ceiling

I can honestly right now see Newman as my D6 well into the season, guys scoring like a hero

I'm probably going to bank Ottens cash and leave WHE on the forward line for another week.

Options I'm sort of/maybe considering:
Heeny: Wouldn't mind seen his price drop first, don't have enough faith in him just yet
Hanners: Strung together 4 (counting this round) 100+ scores and has been improving every round. Probably my closest alternative to GAJ (seeing as he's 80k cheaper)
Mitch Duncan: For his price, this guy has had one average game this year. Now we know he has a pretty high ceiling after this round. I have trust issues, like I had with Yeo, but I think he's hard to go past. Not a bad price for his output either.
Zorko: Solid, but with Rocky back in a few weeks and hopefully once against pigging out his output might be down like a few rounds ago. Still an ok price, and an easy BE
Pendles: Too up and down for me atm but has gone large twice in 4 rounds (140+). Good price, and only 11% ownership. Mebs
Jobe Watson: Honestly way too up and down, and rested too much during the year but he's pretty interesting. Really cheap for his last 3 weeks output, had 6 games @ 100+. At 465K he's probably close to the best value for money if he can stay on the park of all the experienced mids atm. Yeahhhh nah
Brodie Grundy: I thought he'd have well and truly bottomed out by now and planned to bring him in this week, but he keeps getting it done. He'll be my Sandi replacement at some stage...when ever that is

In short, * knows really. I'll Relton on Friday anyway.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think just the one trade for me this week.

Balic -----> Greenwood.

Still don't have enough cash with that trade to do anything else, none of my rookies have maxed out enough.

Need to dish off non playing rooks for bye round prep. Pickett will probs go next week too.

If McInnes is named then I'm getting him in

Otherwise dunno what to do, depends on team selection and breakevens

Might even hold the fort, a lot of good scores this week :$

The easy, preferred option is Williamson to McInnes and Sandi to Grundy as I have 4 R11 defenders, so getting in a R12er in McInnes helps bye planning.

Williamson may have a lowish breakeven this week though which I'll need to weigh up, but he really should've went on with it tonight, he regularly scores 45-50 til half time and only gets a score between 67-73, really should've scored an 80 by now.

I'm sick of these 77-90 scores from Sandi too, he just doesn't have it in him to ton up anymore, Grundy does.

Bolton and Greenwood are likely ins next week, probably go 2 down 1 up.

If McInnes is named then I'm getting him in

Otherwise dunno what to do, depends on team selection and breakevens

Might even hold the fort, a lot of good scores this week :$

What about O'Connor? Basement priced to just sit at D8

What about O'Connor? Basement priced to just sit at D8
Yeah forgot about him

Maybe, dunno how his JS is though, scored better this week but wouldn't want to field him, only R11 and 13

Would free more cash up but, but would look at upgrading Stewart on his bye if I did it

Just looking at the upgrades I have left to do. I'm not that far off with 17 trades left.

2 in defence and I already have 2 good stepping stones in McGrath and Newman. Newman could potentially be a keeper as well.

Then one in my midfield which I will use Barrett and possibly Myers eventually.

So forgetting about Newman right now. I will be hoping to go something along the lines of:

One downgrade then Mcgrath->Lloyd

2 downgrades then Barrett->Zerrett

That leaves me with 12 trades. If everything is going ok then I could then look at luxury trades like Fyfe->Rocky or bringing in another forward to move Nank to R3/F7.

Hopefully have a finished team by the time the byes are finished.

Yeah forgot about him

Maybe, dunno how his JS is though, scored better this week but wouldn't want to field him, only R11 and 13

Would free more cash up but, but would look at upgrading Stewart on his bye if I did it
Is McInnes JS any better though? Plenty of WCE talls on their way back....

At this stage I don't have enough starters for round 11. Balic/Pickett/Hannan/Eddy/Spencer/Hibberd (handy DPP) and Marchbank all under the gun.

$614 on hand, so I can shop at the premium end, looking for a plus 2 premium deal.

1st trade is Probs Balic to Aaron Hall -$331k
Hannan's decent score this week only got +$8k, so no point in waiting, he can go for Wingard -$220k

That means the next week with the 3 trade rule I can finally bank Spencer in to Strandica for +$127k with Marchbank in to Pittard -$120k and Greenwood in for Pickett.

Then hopefully the next week Otten for GC Lynch??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back