Trades Round 10 trades

MAGA

Club Legend
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Zac Jones to 150-180k
WHE - TMitchell

Might cop a doughnut through this trade but I need Mitchell.

Apr 6, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
early trade for me could be hampton to GAJ... not sure of my other trade yet. Have Hannan, McCluggage, Steele, Newman and Marchbank as my other non-premos in the first bye, would like to get rid of the first two but not lots in the price range I like

VSTone

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 17, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Zac Jones to 150-180k
WHE - TMitchell

Might cop a doughnut through this trade but I need Mitchell.
Mitchell is playing his old mob this week, not sure if there is any spite towards him, but will he get some extra attention and will it effect his output?

Gee Dub

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 19, 2010
Albury
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ravens, Rabbitohs, Rockets, Everton
Not sure between two choices.

Hampton to Hall and JKH to O'Connor via DPP to get an extra player for bye cover. Not sure about this because of O'Connor's job security but I've got a 0 without him so may as well take the risk. Hall is good for the byes and in good form.

Or

Preuss to Soldo and Taranto to Merrett. Probably nets me more points than the alternative but will earn me another donut in the byes.

yogibbear

Premiership Player
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
My first trade was Hampton -> Barlow
then wait on a rookie next w/e teamsheets...

Have the cash for Hampton -> Ablett, but don't like his price.

Also like:
Hampton -> Hall
then whoever -> Wigg/some rookie.

Also like:
Hampton -> rookie (Wigg? pls!)
Otten -> Tuohy/any def premo good for your bye structure

Don't like any of the Port players. Really regretting getting Robbie Gray 3 weeks ago. Going to lose so much value and in awful form. Can't drop him till after byes! Please play better Robbie! Have Barrett on the bench as emergency who will probably outscore him every week!

I'm also super tempted to sideways trade Fyfe to Treloar or Scooter or something.... what a spud atm!!!!

Also my round 11 trades are going to have to be 3x Rnd 11 players out because they're all still banking cash!!!!!!! Marchbank, Williamson, Hannan etc.....

EDIT:

Shuffled around my team and I can hit 18 players on the field for Round 11 even if I sideways Robbie Gray to Hall and drop Hampton to Wigg (or any rookie) then have the cash ready to next week do something like:

Marchbank -> Laird
Hannan -> Barlow
Preuss -> 150k ruck

If Black could get a game then I might be able to do something a bit better.

Final Thoughts before team sheets:

Round 10 trades:
Hampton -> Wigg / any decent 150k-ish rookie
Otten* -> Laird
+$250k bank
*I'd love it if Adelaide drops Otten so this decision is easy for me, as if he keeps averaging OK would be absolutely awesome to hold him 2 more weeks at least. Just think he has peaked $$ wise.

Then Round 11 trades:
Marchbank -> Tuohy**
Hannan -> Barlow
Black/Preuss/Barrett*** -> 150k Rookie
***This depends on if Barrett keeps making cash, if Preuss / Black can get a game. If Barrett plays bad next w/e then he's probably gone for me as will be close to top $$$ unless he pumps 80+.
Neither Barlow or Tuohy have amazing B/Es, hence waiting the 1 week, as there are other options, these are the most suitable current ones to avoid any zeros through the byes.
**I don't like bringing in a player for 1 game then their bye, but don't like other options in defence that won't have a subsequent bye. If there's a Round 9 bye rookie debut or something I might do that instead.

Then Round 12 trades:
cash cow -> D. Beams / Zerret (too $$)
cash cow -> J. Lloyd / M. Wallis / Doch (too $$)
cash cow -> 150k rookie
Beams should be bottom $$$ for a while for Round 12. Lloyd impossible to bring in until after Rnd 11 bye.

Gives me 18 playing players Round 11 ignoring Preuss, and more for the rest of the byes. Probably trade Fyfe to Zerret after team is completed for Round 14 as he's just out of my reach too much. Fyfe to Treloar in Round 14 if I can't afford Zerret.

My team will rise up or not on whether or not Robbie Gray turns his season around and starts averaging the 90-95 ppg he should be.

Last edited:

Butterz

All Australian
Apr 22, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Pretty happy with my first trades:

Hampton > Greenwood
Robbie Fox (don't ask) > Barlow

My bye set up is looking good, unless we have any crazy carnage throughout the byes I should be able to easily field 18 each week.

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
My first trade was Hampton -> Barlow
then wait on a rookie next w/e teamsheets...

Have the cash for Hampton -> Ablett, but don't like his price.

Also like:
Hampton -> Hall
then whoever -> Wigg/some rookie.

Don't like any of the Port players. Really regretting getting Robbie Gray 3 weeks ago. Going to lose so much value and in awful form. Can't drop him till after byes! Please play better Robbie! Have Barrett on the bench as emergency who will probably outscore him every week!

I'm also super tempted to sideways trade Fyfe to Treloar or Scooter or something.... what a spud atm!!!!

Also my round 11 trades are going to have to be 3x Rnd 11 players out because they're all still banking cash!!!!!!! Marchbank, Williamson, Hannan etc.....

Rarely do sideway trades unless it's imperative. But I did Fyfe > Titch at the end of last week. Bled another 15k this week so worth it.

JADED

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2005
SA
AFL Club
West Coast
Fyfe wasn't even injury discounted for the season, it was 1 decent preseason game that sucked us back in. So bad losing that money.
I feel robbed. ;)

Neale4brownlow

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Atm thinking of trading out 2 rnd 11 byes for 2 port/gcs players.
Looking like:
Jones -> Pittard
Marchbank -> Harbrow.
Will carry hampton on my bench for 1 more week and get a better look at the def rookie crop before pulling the trigger.

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Otten > Scharenberg / Perryman
Eddy > Barlow

Jun 10, 2016
WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Arsenal
Butler - Greenwood

And second trade option of;
Petracca - Grundy via Nank
or
Hampton - Pittard (had his bye and good ave)

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Want to turn Hampton into GAJ, not really sure how to drum up the cash. Brought in Sloane 3 weeks ago, with a return of 2 60's, a ton, -$100k and a Rd 10 BE of 160 I might cut my losses and upgrade him to Ablett and downgrade Hampton to someone cheaper.

Really should have gone Merrett instead of Sloane. That's been a massive *up.

Back