Trades Round 10 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

You could still have 4 defenders not playing (i.e. 2 donuts), but as long as you have 18 players elsewhere, you should still field a "full" team for the bye hey? Or are you light on in other areas too, so it can't be covered.

I've got a few rookies to worry about this week, so might just hold hampton and trade next week, unless a good def rookie pops up (Scharenberg?)

Balic -> A Hall
Pickett -> Greenwood

Leaves me with some extra security with SPP and Hall over the byes, and a double (triple?!) downgrade next week of hampton, black and someone else ha.
Oh so it's not at each position but just top 18 over all..?
I thought i had to field a full section in all areas hahaha

My side this week.

All my Forwards avg 92 or more
Grundy and Stef my rucks
Nat Fyfe my M6, WHE M7, Myers/Barrett M8
D4 avg 92+, Marchbank at D5 avg 78

Haha very similar
All Fowards avg92+, Tick
Grundy/Martin, Tick
Heppell M6, WHE M7, Myers/Barrett M8, Tick
D4 avg 92+, Marchbank D6 thou Tick

D4 averaging 92+ does sound more impressive then naming Newman, I've also got Greenwood as my F6 who I don't expect to keep that average up.

Reasonably happy how I'm placed nearing the byes, have some cash and a few decent stepping stones hopefully can target these during the byes.
Burton > Doch
Heppell > Rocky
WHE> Yeo

Anyone have much of an opinion on Wingard? Have been mainly thinking of jumping to Barlow this week, but also considering Wingard. I just feel Wingard could lose his mid time at any point in time and drop his scoring potential a lot. In my opinion, worst case for Barlow he should average 90.

Does anyone disagree and have any reason to suggest Wingard holds his midfield spot over Rgray long term?

Anyone have much of an opinion on Wingard? Have been mainly thinking of jumping to Barlow this week, but also considering Wingard. I just feel Wingard could lose his mid time at any point in time and drop his scoring potential a lot. In my opinion, worst case for Barlow he should average 90.

Does anyone disagree and have any reason to suggest Wingard holds his midfield spot over Rgray long term?

I'm also grappling with this.

Love what Wingard's done in the last few weeks but I worry that if/when Robbie Gray gets over his groin issues that he starts to take back that midfield time.

I've changed my mind yet again, I have enough wiggle room in Rd 11 in my midfield dept to bring in Hanners, who is the same price as Hall with a lower BE. So:

Balic -> Hanners
Roughead/WHE -> Walters

Walters' BE of 14 is crazy, if he keeps at it over the next 3 rds he could generate 70K or so, good JS, and potentially be a keeper for a period after the bye (IF Ross holds him there). I'm in the mood for a gamble and this one is fairly calculated. Plus, Roughy and WHE are close to topping out, have the same bye and I can't offload all the R13 bye fattened cows at once!

Last edited:
I've changed my mind yet again, I have enough wiggle room in Rd 11 in my midfield dept to bring in Hanners, who is the same price as Hall with a lower BE. So:

Balic -> Hanners
Roughead/WHE -> Walters

Walters' BE of 14 is crazy, if he keeps at it over the next 3 rds he could generate 70K or so, good JS, and potentially be a keeper for a period after the bye (IF Ross holds him there, with Ballas coming back I'd like to think so). I'm in the mood for a gamble and this one is fairly calculated. Plus, Roughy and WHE are close to topping out, have the same bye and I can't offload all the R13 bye fattened cows at once!
Ballas injured again

Fairly settled on Otten > Pittard and Barrett > Walters this week.

Next week looking at something like Marchbank > Scharenberg & Pickett > Wigg (if named)

Need to start building up that chest to get rockliff back in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

will that see Robbie Gray pick up some midfield slack?

I'd imagine so, would like to hear a Port fans view on the whole situation. I wonder if Gray has recovered a bit after a week off, as I think he was struggling with a bit of a groin injury and that was the reason Wingard was getting a midfield role. I wouldn't be jumping on Gray this week, but I might keep an eye on him this Thursday.

Haha very similar
All Fowards avg92+, Tick
Grundy/Martin, Tick
Heppell M6, WHE M7, Myers/Barrett M8, Tick
D4 avg 92+, Marchbank D6 thou Tick

D4 averaging 92+ does sound more impressive then naming Newman, I've also got Greenwood as my F6 who I don't expect to keep that average up.

Reasonably happy how I'm placed nearing the byes, have some cash and a few decent stepping stones hopefully can target these during the byes.
Burton > Doch
Heppell > Rocky
WHE> Yeo

Wow what a side.

Where are you ranked im guessing better than me even though similar team?

Ill improve massivily over the net 5 rounds though

Wow what a side.

Where are you ranked im guessing better than me even though similar team?

Ill improve massivily over the net 5 rounds though

Just inside the top 1000, my ranking has been sliding prior to last round.

I've been concentrating on getting ready for the bye rounds thou, after going Hampton to Greenwood and Balic to Treloar I still have 193k in the bank. I've sorted out my rookies and only have Cameron, Pruess and Black as none playing. Hoping Black and Pruess can get a game in the next 2 weeks, Not sure what I'll do with Black if he's not named, but will simply cash Pruess out if he's not named in the next few rounds.

Hopefully can really attack these next few rounds like yourself.

Just inside the top 1000, my ranking has been sliding prior to last round.

I've been concentrating on getting ready for the bye rounds thou, after going Hampton to Greenwood and Balic to Treloar I still have 193k in the bank. I've sorted out my rookies and only have Cameron, Pruess and Black as none playing. Hoping Black and Pruess can get a game in the next 2 weeks, Not sure what I'll do with Black if he's not named, but will simply cash Pruess out if he's not named in the next few rounds.

Hopefully can really attack these next few rounds like yourself.

bugger you im 4k something

ive done very similar my rookie bench this wk is

Hampton
Williamson

J.Barrett
D.Lloyd

Preuss
Soldo

Butler
Black

Blacks my only concern
-------------------------------
Om a different note im running the gauntlet a bit with needing to trade Barrett, Williamson and Hampton in the same week so cant have injuries to guys playing round 11

What gets me more points

Pittard over Williamson

Grundy or Hall over Roughead

Maybe i should be trading in Hall and Pittard now as they likely come in the following week regardless

So with 18 scores counting during the byes it takes a bit of pressure off and I can progress my team further instead of covering donuts.

Hannan - Greenwood
Petracca - Grundy via Nank

Holding Butler as it works better for bye structure.
Hampton and Balic to go out next week to gain cash for Rocky to come back also.

bugger you im 4k something

ive done very similar my rookie bench this wk is

Hampton
Williamson

J.Barrett
D.Lloyd

Preuss
Soldo

Butler
Black

Blacks my only concern
-------------------------------
Om a different note im running the gauntlet a bit with needing to trade Barrett, Williamson and Hampton in the same week so cant have injuries to guys playing round 11

my bench this round is likely to be
D: Otten, Stewart,
M: Balic, Fisher,
R: Buzza, King,
F: Greenwood, Black
sitting just inside 1300th

Marchbank at D5,
Parker at M8
Martin/Witts in ruck with Nank sitting in fwd line for dpp r11
WHE at F6
I don't have Merrett, Mitchell, Adams or Docherty yet...

Otten > Pittard + Barrett > Walters + $0

or

Otten > Scharenberg (if named) + Barrett > Grundy + $134k

Hannan > Walters
Pickett > Myers

32k left in the bank, but have two playing bench in midfield.

If Ryan comes in in defence, then I'd be getting pretty close to having a full 30 playing.

Can't afford Hall unfortunately.

my bench this round is likely to be
D: Otten, Stewart,
M: Balic, Fisher,
R: Buzza, King,
F: Greenwood, Black
sitting just inside 1300th

Marchbank at D5,
Parker at M8
Martin/Witts in ruck with Nank sitting in fwd line for dpp r11
WHE at F6
I don't have Merrett, Mitchell, Adams or Docherty yet...

Doing pretty well considering I have all 4 and am around 3k!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back