Trades Round 10 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Whitfield they said.

Worst case you will get him cheaper after he plays a few matches with a 177 breakeven.

Yep, I was one that said to trade him. I got Boak and Stewart for him and Scrimshaw.

LW + JS = 276 over the past three weeks.
TB + TS = 600 over that period.

I think i done alright there. My only mistake was not getting him back last weekend over Rory Sloane. Oh well, he's back now!

Didn’t really get to watch much footy on the weekend.

Out of all the new rookies that got games in Young, Garner, Hinge etc, were there any that stood out as obvious pick ups? Maybe not even for Fantasy potential, even just sone minute semblance of job security?

Yep, I was one that said to trade him. I got Boak and Stewart for him and Scrimshaw.

LW + JS = 276 over the past three weeks.
TB + TS = 600 over that period.

I think i done alright there. My only mistake was not getting him back last weekend over Rory Sloane. Oh well, he's back now!
Yes But
A) You would have played others in the spots and got points not zeroes
B) Holding Scrimshaw is irrelevant, You could have downgraded a rookie bench player and still turned Scrimshaw into Stewart.

Could just have easily been bench LW play Lockhart for two weeks and get 100, 92, 190 = 382 in that spot.

Out of all the new rookies that got games in Young, Garner, Hinge etc, were there any that stood out as obvious pick ups? Maybe not even for Fantasy potential, even just sone minute semblance of job security?

Hoping Garner holds his spot as it solve my bye dilemma trying to find an R12 rookie. But no idea what he looks like let along JS.

Garner, took his time to get going, in absolute horrid conditions, but finished well. Showed he could score. Didn't notice much of Hinge until late in the last, maybe due to not recognising him. Others may have a different veiw. Baker will likely be dropped!

Garner, took his time to get going, in absolute horrid conditions, but finished well. Showed he could score. Didn't notice much of Hinge until late in the last, maybe due to not recognising him. Others may have a different veiw. Baker will likely be dropped!

They are all going to play this week and score tons #positivethinking

Everyone on the Melbourne board seems to be arguing over Wagner or Fritsch getting the chop before Baker. Not defending Baker but you'd think they'd give him two to three games at least. I could be wrong though.

Everyone on the Melbourne board seems to be arguing over Wagner or Fritsch getting the chop before Baker. Not defending Baker but you'd think they'd give him two to three games at least. I could be wrong though.

Melbourne need results. Though I'd normally agree with you (that rookies should get a 2-3week run), the dees can't afford to take passengers into the next match vs GWS.

Wouldn't be suprised if he's dropped. Injuries may save him.

Melbourne need results. Though I'd normally agree with you (that rookies should get a 2-3week run), the dees can't afford to take passengers into the next match vs GWS.

Wouldn't be suprised if he's dropped. Injuries may save him.

The consensus seems to be that there's no one banging the door down in the Casey team, and like you said the Dees list is injury-riddled. They'd probably just be replacing Baker with another 'Baker'. In any other circumstance where they didn't have players out of form, injuries and lack of depth I'd definitely agree with you though. In saying all that, he was garbage on debut and lacked awareness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They should try playing that fella with the helmet as an inside mid..

Nah his KPI's indicate he had elite 'meters gained' stats last year so lets put him on the outside where he'll be even MORE effective for us......

Modern football shits me. I don't know who makes these decision on positional changes but they should be shot.

Blues had Casboult in defense on Himmelberg yesterday.
They also had Charlie Curnow in the middle and Ed Curnow camped at half forward. I think they've forgotten which Curnow is which?

Ed's no A-grader but he's a decent run-with player who would've helped stem SOME of that disaster yesterday. And yet, the change never happened. Ed camped out in a forward pocket the entire game. Even after Murphy went down... just defies logic.

Maybe I'm just bitter because I banked on some common sense from Bolton and anticipated some increased mid time for Ed (brought him in last week). It was either Martin or Ed that I grabbed.. seems I picked the wrong horse!

Darcy Fort is an interesting one....had him on the pine from the get go, will he stay in? I think he was the replacement for Ratagolea and Abbot was the late in for Stanley.

I traded English > RO'B when English was dropped, he's made some dosh and been serviceable but I have bled points by not having Gawn, plan was to trade RO'B > Gawn after Gawns bye, but I also have Marshall and Bines who I can switch. An added piece to my ruck jigsaw is that Balta will get Fwd/Ruc at rnd 12 and also provide cover as his bye is 14 too. With Fort looking better than the Rat I'm totally confused as to what to do.

So if anyone can provide a bit of an insight in to how I get out of this mess then there's a free pint on offer at my bar.

*edit....I have Telly in the mids too

fantasy ruck problem.GIF

Darcy Fort is an interesting one....had him on the pine from the get go, will he stay in? I think he was the replacement for Ratagolea and Abbot was the late in for Stanley.

I traded English > RO'B when English was dropped, he's made some dosh and been serviceable but I have bled points by not having Gawn, plan was to trade RO'B > Gawn after Gawns bye, but I also have Marshall and Bines who I can switch. An added piece to my ruck jigsaw is that Balta will get Fwd/Ruc at rnd 12 and also provide cover as his bye is 14 too. With Fort looking better than the Rat I'm totally confused as to what to do.

So if anyone can provide a bit of an insight in to how I get out of this mess then there's a free pint on offer at my bar.

I think you're probably on the right track with you plan to grab Gawn after his bye (and prior to ROB's). Enjoy ROB for a little while longer.

Those DPP links will be handy through byes particularly in R13 for you when many (incl me) have their entire ruck fleet on a bye even if they were to play (eg Grundy/Gawn/Archie/Fort).

If Balta/Fort both get DPP links you could field ROB/Balta as your 2x rucks for R13 which will make it easier for you to find 18 more players in your other lines.

So my advice is don't get concerned with 'must gets', just have a plan to get them in eventually and just bring in another premo elsewhere instead.

Since your ruck stocks will be great for R13 you can probably afford to target another R13 premo elsewhere right now.

i.e instead of Gawn $748k averaging 106.6 (112.3 from last 3) you could get:

Treloar $765 averaging 113 (116.3 last 3).
Gaff $794k averaging 116.4 (126 last 3).
Or Neale/Zorko/Lloyd etc etc.

Nett gain is the same (or better really..)

Nah his KPI's indicate he had elite 'meters gained' stats last year so lets put him on the outside where he'll be even MORE effective for us......

Modern football shits me. I don't know who makes these decision on positional changes but they should be shot.

Blues had Casboult in defense on Himmelberg yesterday.
They also had Charlie Curnow in the middle and Ed Curnow camped at half forward. I think they've forgotten which Curnow is which?

Ed's no A-grader but he's a decent run-with player who would've helped stem SOME of that disaster yesterday. And yet, the change never happened. Ed camped out in a forward pocket the entire game. Even after Murphy went down... just defies logic.

Maybe I'm just bitter because I banked on some common sense from Bolton and anticipated some increased mid time for Ed (brought him in last week). It was either Martin or Ed that I grabbed.. seems I picked the wrong horse!
Yeh mate, it absolutely shits me how these coaches have no consideration of our fantasy teams.

At least Curnow has forward status so will be worth holding.

*edit....I have Telly in the mids too

View attachment 677560
I think you're in a good position to be in. That is looking a mighty good forward line. If you are worried about Reilly O'Brien I reckon O'Brien to a FWD premium (or a mid premium by swingin Telly forward) with Marshall into the Ruck is a good option.

Actually a fairly easy week.

Parker -> named rookie, few good ones in def this week.
Drew -> Sheed via Gibbons

Brayshaw is hemorrhaging me money but well.. It's kind of "In for a penny, in for a pound" at this point.

Who do we prefer out of Taranto and Duncan guys? Can get to Duncan with $0k remaining and he has GC this week...

Taranto also with a great week though so I’m torn.

Really like the idea of moving Stack back and downgrading Williams > Garner on the bench.

Then Ross > Cripps to go HUGE versus after copping it during the week

Yes But
A) You would have played others in the spots and got points not zeroes
B) Holding Scrimshaw is irrelevant, You could have downgraded a rookie bench player and still turned Scrimshaw into Stewart.

Could just have easily been bench LW play Lockhart for two weeks and get 100, 92, 190 = 382 in that spot.
Or Stack

Port board seems happy with Garner
Lions happy with Hinge

So would think they both a chance and have more attractive bye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back