Atavistic

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Team Coco
May as well begin this now, seeing as we may have to make some trades by tomorrow.

I'm thinking of M Pickett to Sam Draper via DPP, assuming I can make two subs in one trade. Not sure about that.

Don't know what else to do. Will have to wait on teams. I was thinking about getting Tom Stewart or Mitch Duncan.

i'm thinking Ladhams -> Draper

Draper at R2 should suffice during the byes... then, i'm hoping to turn him into Gawn down the track

Starcevich at D6 needs to lift !!

Anyone suspect Geelong will rest players against North? I think I'll leave any trades involving Geelong players up to the last minute. Brisbane are also coming off a very short break, but they play Richmond so less reason to rest players.

going to be hard to field 18 this week, midfield took a big hit for this first bye round
missing before trades:
DEF: Doch
MID: Gaff, Titch, Cripps, Serong
RUC: none
FWD: none

Plus I got players that are unlikely to play or have not been playing: Rivers, Bennell, Green, Comben

Currently have 19 if everyone this week holds their spot but that includes the likes of Hamill, Budarick, Close and Rankine.....

I'm not willing to trade premos like Doch, Gaff or Cripps so I'm conceding that this week is going to be a shocker

How many trades does everyone have?

I've been burning them for rank in the off chance the season get's shortened again and we dont end up needing them all.

11left before my 3 trades this week.

I'm thinking of perhaps just doing the 1 trade this week (Taylor -> Draper via DPP).

Then I'll use 3 next week to grab some guys who've had their bye.

How many trades does everyone have?

I've been burning them for rank in the off chance the season get's shortened again and we dont end up needing them all.

11left before my 3 trades this week.

I'm thinking of perhaps just doing the 1 trade this week (Taylor -> Draper via DPP).

Then I'll use 3 next week to grab some guys who've had their bye.
12 before trades this week
I will make at least 2 trade this week. 4/8 of my starting midfield have the bye this week so I got to try and scrape to a respectable score.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went Rankine to Skinner instead of Woodcock

202k in the bank

I only have 8 trades left and too many duds.
Conroy/McGuiness were planned loopholes.
McHenry/McInerney/Sturt.

I have 6 defenders(no rooks when Doedee is back) but Houston is hardly a keeper.
Maybe switch him to M8 and get another decent one.
Will keep Daicos for now over the bye rounds.
Have Gawndy.
1 Forward short of full 6.

Usually stuff myself trade wise every year in this so i'm going to hold fire.

Went Rankine to Skinner instead of Woodcock

202k in the bank

I only have 8 trades left and too many duds.
Conroy/McGuiness were planned loopholes.
McHenry/McInerney/Sturt.

I have 6 defenders(no rooks when Doedee is back) but Houston is hardly a keeper.
Maybe switch him to M8 and get another decent one.
Will keep Daicos for now over the bye rounds.
Have Gawndy.
1 Forward short of full 6.

Usually stuff myself trade wise every year in this so i'm going to hold fire.
They should give us more trades for the next set of bye rounds right? I certainly hope so because I’m just going out swinging at the moment. Have 12 left before trades this week. Thinking of bringing in a premo mid since half my starting midfield have the bye.

My rookie cash generation has really stagnated now.

I'm thinking of keeping Serong if he keeps up his current form, which means I only have Simpson, Rankine & McPherson making any cash at the moment.

I want to get Duncan into my mids this week while he is bottomed out which would mean some shuffling and trades of:
Rankine > Skinner
Green > Draper
Simpson > Duncan

This would also mean I have to field Skinner (Xerri & Cavarra F7&8). I have no idea about him. Has he got any chance of stringing a few games together and making some $ to eventually be able to upgrade to Petracca?
DT10.JPG

They should give us more trades for the next set of bye rounds right? I certainly hope so because I’m just going out swinging at the moment. Have 12 left before trades this week. Thinking of bringing in a premo mid since half my starting midfield have the bye.

That's what I'm banking on! Unless you're first you may aswell burn trades to improve rank in hope of being bailed out my more trades.

I'd hate to be conservative now only to get more trades again later (or not need them).

The next set of byes will cook me if it's in a single round. I'll only field 13 or 14 players at this point. Hopefully they split it over atleast a couple of weeks!

So the players on the bye are free to move/trade/loophole etc up until the final game commenced correct?

That's what I'm banking on! Unless you're first you may aswell burn trades to improve rank in hope of being bailed out my more trades.

I'd hate to be conservative now only to get more trades again later (or not need them).

The next set of byes will cook me if it's in a single round. I'll only field 13 or 14 players at this point. Hopefully they split it over atleast a couple of weeks!

Same. The season is a mess as it is so why be conservative now? Go hard or go home is my approach at the moment, which is failing miserably but whatever!

McPherson out managed. Doedee back in. Smith named despite doubts over his knee.

Close and Simpson hold (for now).

Did my other 2 trades

Daicos to Whitfield
Sturt to Hosie

6 trades left

In a normal round Simpson and King would be only rooks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back