Trades Round 10 trades.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zorko is not worth exhausting all your bank for, save that for getting uber Mids in. I would go Heeney for 170k less and take the risk and bank some money for bye round flexibility. Zorko is liable to miss games this year as well.
Zorko missed 5 games since 2012.

Yep, 5 games in 9 years - averaging 1 game off every 2 years.

1621228703806.png

I won't embarrass Heeney by listing his record.

Top 10 forwards this year, noting their averages

1621228816030.png

View attachment 1130073

View attachment 1130075
This. Zorko is super durable - I don't where this myth of him being injury prone or missing multiple games per season came from. He throws in a stinker every now and again but he'll be out there. Should be on everyone's watchlist either now or after his bye

Strongly considering Powell and Warner to Heeney and Hall/Hind.

Am I nuts? :$
No, we're simply running out of options. An average around 90-95 is perfectly fine for FWD premo this season. The forward injury curse doesn't discriminate, doesn't matter if they're usually durable, doesn't matter if they're usually injury prone, just take what you can get and hope they don't get injured. FWD premos are useless, get them off field ASAP

View attachment 1130073

View attachment 1130075

170k difference is a good rookie profit, in a vacuum would rather gamble on Heeney and say Bont for arguments sake rather than Zorko and Jelly or a speculative mid of some sort as thats what the 170k will force you to do. Forward line is where you should seek the value, the value mitigates the risk.

Zorko missed 2 last year with a calf? issue so the soft tissues are starting to impact him a little. Of course Heeney is a risk not arguing that its more getting to uber premium in the midfield without resorting to a compromised M7/M8, if Heeney puts together a block of 4 games you can make 100k+ and flip him at his bye.

No, we're simply running out of options. An average around 90-95 is perfectly fine for FWD premo this season. The forward injury curse doesn't discriminate, doesn't matter if they're usually durable, doesn't matter if they're usually injury prone, just take what you can get and hope they don't get injured. FWD premos are useless, get them off field ASAP

Hall is averaging 109 from his 5 non-injury & non-sub games and has a sweet SC role across half back. Nearly every worthwhile forward option comes with some sort of risk this year and even players who weren't major injury risks previously have fallen. I think you can mitigate risk on other lines but have to take your chances in the forwards and just hope for the best.

After bringing in Zorko my team looks like this

Think I will sit tight until the bye rounds and wait for the rookies to moo further and then make my move.

View attachment 1130096

Very nice team. Only 4 rooks on field, two of them at elevated prices. And with RCD on the bench/loopable. And with $200K+ sitting there ready to be liquidated.

Hall is averaging 109 from his 5 non-injury & non-sub games and has a sweet SC role across half back. Nearly every worthwhile forward option comes with some sort of risk this year and even players who weren't major injury risks previously have fallen. I think you can mitigate risk on other lines but have to take your chances in the forwards and just hope for the best.

I knew you were getting Hall last week.;) I was going to as well but I wanted to have another look I will get him this week even though it dosen't really suit my bye structure but he will probably get injured by then anyway.

After trading Bowes > Ridley and Scott > Dusty this is what my team looks like.
Positioned to go into the byes with a big cash pile.

Id be interested to hear others opinions?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1130073

View attachment 1130075

That lists just confirms my interest in getting Heeney. Even if he can only repeat an average that duplicates the lowest he's gone in the last 4 years (94) he is still a top 5 forward scoring forward. Maybe top 6-7 if you factor back in Danger and Butters.

Heeney 2020 avg: 94
2019: 94
2018: 97
2016: 97

You're basically banking on that he's missed his allotted amount of injury games for the year and will now have a good run at it. A risk for sure but a risk worth taking at 340k. He's had a week off to freshen up and will get the bye shortly.

Similar to the risk people are taking with Aaron Hall who is more injury prone than Heeney.

idk why im hesitant to bring in Zorko. I guess last year injury scared me a bit.

There’s not many blokes playing at the moment that can average 100 like he can up forward. 140 in his cycle now for the next couple weeks will only be going up in price until his bye unless he gets injured

I knew you were getting Hall last week.;) I was going to as well but I wanted to have another look I will get him this week even though it dosen't really suit my bye structure but he will probably get injured by then anyway.

He doesn't suit my bye structure either (I now have 4x Rd12 bye fwd premos) but I was looking for a genuine POD and he is that atm. I totally expect him to get injured at some point though so he probably won't. It's that kind of year.

Should've known I was tempting fate feeling like I was locking in my trades so early in the week.

Do I continue with the plan to get in Dusty for Powell, holding Greene for at least a week

Or do I make it Greene to Zorko instead? Meaning I'll be holding Powell and possibly see him losing money.

OK chaps, need a bit of advice this week. Team below, I have $359k cash and two upgrades to do this week. Need help on which players as I'm bit stuck stuck.
View attachment 1129978

Three candidates to trade out Powell, Cox, Warner.
Dusty in for Cox means I can upgrade Powell to $569,400. If I use Warner instead of Cox I can get anyone.

Warner's BE is only 71 and I'd like to keep him until his bye. Preference is a mid with the round 12 bye, but Jelly is the only one I like under $569k, and I don't like him much with the news Greene is out.

So do I keep Cox (BE 80) who will lose more cash and get a better mid (Guthrie, Miller) or go for Steele or Petracca (or someone else) and say fu** the byes?

Interested in opinions/options?

Warner to Heendog.
Powell to best mid you can get ya dirty mits on.

Guthrie averages 89.5 this year when Danger plays. Albeit a small sample size.
Danger was hopefull of being back B4 the Byes .....that's optimistic, but you'd say R14 is a distinct possibility, given he's been running on the Alt-G for a couple of weeks

My plan is to trade Danger in on that R14 round ......but you know how these plans tend to stumble ;)

Probably Selwood more, but something to be mindful of. Same thing can be said of Lyons with Neale, I think they will be both be fine though.
Absoolutely a consideration, but there's history of those two playing together .....just saying Guthrie probably comes back to the pack a bit with his ave .....isn't the #1 man once Danger returns

Danger was hopefull of being back B4 the Byes .....that's optimistic, but you'd say R14 is a distinct possibility, given he's been running on the Alt-G for a couple of weeks

My plan is to trade Danger in on that R14 round ......but you know how these plans tend to stumble ;)
This is my worry with Guthrie, Danger returning. With Jezza there now he's going to play mid more, surely he takes some of Guthrie's points.

Hate trading blokes in at their peak, I'm such a tight bugger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back