Trades Round 10 trades.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to take into account Byes with my next trade which will be a double upgrade though this is my first year of any Fantasy AFL since 2009 so I havn’t had to deal with the byes before.

Is it just your top 18 players from any position or is each position cut down into a lower amount in each?

Best 18 from any spot, but on field only. So if you end up with 8 FWDs or whatever it'll still only count 6 (though you can loophole and such). The good news is you'll never end up with 8 FWDs because 3 of them will get injured the week of the game because that's what this shitty game is about this year

This week thinking Mansell to Ridley only.

Other rooks still mooing so think I'll hold.

I want McLuggage in my midfield at some point - not sure who else but at least one more.

Will kill Flynn when he's fatter along with Jordon, Powell, Scott and Dev.

I think Dev and Powell are looking like the next to go but not sure who to downgrade to.

Team after Nigel to Riddler.

Any thoughts/suggestions welcome.
08c058189914e6d6737b159b3174c536.jpg

Screenshot_2021-05-17-19-39-06-56_f9537d3117b147e48f5e2aeb5429cc0b.jpg Screenshot_2021-05-17-19-39-12-82_f9537d3117b147e48f5e2aeb5429cc0b.jpg
Genuinely stuck with trades this week. Worked out three potential options but idk if I like any of them:
A: Flynn > Treacy
Powell > Steele and bank 25k
B: Scott > O Connor (going early)
Warner > Ridley via Laird and bank SFA
C: Powell > RCD
Warner > Ridley and bank 45k, keeping Flynn and Scott
Don't usually ask for help cos usually I know better than you campaigners (not really but I like to think so :moustache:) but yeah this team is actually causing me to lose sleep :$

Last edited:
View attachment 1130290View attachment 1130291
Genuinely stuck with trades this week. Worked out three potential options but idk if I like any of them:
A: Flynn > Treacy
Powell > Steele and bank 25k
B: Scott > O Connor (going early)
Warner > Ridley via Laird and bank SFA
C: Powell > RCD
Warner > Ridley and bank 45k, keeping Flynn and Scott
Don't usually ask for help cos usually I know better than you campaigners but that's not the case this week :$ this team is causing me to lose sleep
C

I read a tweet earlier quoting one of the SC leaders. He was wondering where his cash was coming from. He was talking about trading Ziebell. Ziebell!

I have been playing a longer game with a few downgrades. A few times I have wondered if that was the right approach. I got 500k in the tin a couple of weeks ago and got in May and Brayshaw. Both cut price. Then I had nothing. So another double down grade last week, and 500k in the tin again. But I've still got rookies on field so I need ongoing cash.

I am going to probably Chapman/Ridley this week, and also Fat rookie/RCD who I didn't get in. He's still got cash to make, not forgetting the points he could score. Pity there were 4 rookies on the bubble last week. That should leave me with 400k, and with luck I can do 1 up 1 down for a while, given rookies keep appearing. Hoping Lachie Jones is not back this week for example. Next week would be grand.

I read a tweet earlier quoting one of the SC leaders. He was wondering where his cash was coming from. He was talking about trading Ziebell. Ziebell!

I have been playing a longer game with a few downgrades. A few times I have wondered if that was the right approach. I got 500k in the tin a couple of weeks ago and got in May and Brayshaw. Both cut price. Then I had nothing. So another double down grade last week, and 500k in the tin again. But I've still got rookies on field so I need ongoing cash.

I am going to probably Chapman/Ridley this week, and also Fat rookie/RCD who I didn't get in. He's still got cash to make, not forgetting the points he could score. Pity there were 4 rookies on the bubble last week. That should leave me with 400k, and with luck I can do 1 up 1 down for a while, given rookies keep appearing. Hoping Lachie Jones is not back this week for example. Next week would be grand.
genuine merit to trading Ziebell with the rise of Hall's usage + kickouts down back.
If you don't have Daniel id take him over Ridley. Cheaper, safer role remarkably. Ridley has been a lot more lockdown since concussion

genuine merit to trading Ziebell with the rise of Hall's usage + kickouts down back.
If you don't have Daniel id take him over Ridley. Cheaper, safer role remarkably. Ridley has been a lot more lockdown since concussion
27 touches playing on Schultz. You could say he had a lockdown job. Francis, Laverde and Stewart are their lockdown defenders. They will take Campbell, Zuhaar and Larkey this week. Just gotta get Redman away from the free chips.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ziebell's worst since Round 2 is last week's 89 when they won. He is a bit of set and forget for me. Hall has taken points, but getting 150+ was a bit unsustainable. I have rookies that have done ok, so it is a bit of needs must. I don't need to trade him.

Daniel I've been thinking about. Great price and I've owned him over the years happily. But his worst is not good. Won't surprise me if this week we bring back Geary and he tags Daniel. Ridley is coming back into form. Last week some decent signs I thought. His intercept marking is really something and this is about the cheapest he'll be.

Anyway, all food for thought. Still only Monday!

Jesse Hogan, 312k. What do we see him averaging from this point on? Giants are in form. Honestly great value in a lacklustre position
I think he averages 90 while he plays.
He such a random unit you dont know what is going to happen.
He totally misses games between now and the end of the year.

OK chaps, need a bit of advice this week. Team below, I have $359k cash and two upgrades to do this week. Need help on which players as I'm bit stuck stuck.
View attachment 1129978

Three candidates to trade out Powell, Cox, Warner.
Dusty in for Cox means I can upgrade Powell to $569,400. If I use Warner instead of Cox I can get anyone.

Warner's BE is only 71 and I'd like to keep him until his bye. Preference is a mid with the round 12 bye, but Jelly is the only one I like under $569k, and I don't like him much with the news Greene is out.

So do I keep Cox (BE 80) who will lose more cash and get a better mid (Guthrie, Miller) or go for Steele or Petracca (or someone else) and say fu** the byes?

Interested in opinions/options?

Assuming you are keeping Bolton id go Powell and Cox out and Dusty and Zorko in. Guthrie is the best player you dont have but i assume you would need to cull warner or jordon early to get him this week cash wise.

Maybe let flynn moo another couple weeks then cull him for a rookie and use that to fund guthrie in then.

27 touches playing on Schultz. You could say he had a lockdown job. Francis, Laverde and Stewart are their lockdown defenders. They will take Campbell, Zuhaar and Larkey this week. Just gotta get Redman away from the free chips.
watching Essendon line up behind the ball in the last few weeks, Ridley role has definitely changed. Redman taking most kickouts too

watching Essendon line up behind the ball in the last few weeks, Ridley role has definitely changed. Redman taking most kickouts too
Agree, there's reasons behind that since he's returned.

Vs Carlton. Francis out injured, forced to lockdown as the 3rd tall def. Carlton had McGovern, McKay and Casboult playing.

Vs GWS. Best match up on Toby Greene closer to goal.

Last week with all the 3 Ess def playing and no dangerous mid size fwd to lockdown on. He was back to his normal self minus Redman pinching his free chips.

OK chaps, need a bit of advice this week. Team below, I have $359k cash and two upgrades to do this week. Need help on which players as I'm bit stuck stuck.
View attachment 1129978

Three candidates to trade out Powell, Cox, Warner.
Dusty in for Cox means I can upgrade Powell to $569,400. If I use Warner instead of Cox I can get anyone.

Warner's BE is only 71 and I'd like to keep him until his bye. Preference is a mid with the round 12 bye, but Jelly is the only one I like under $569k, and I don't like him much with the news Greene is out.

So do I keep Cox (BE 80) who will lose more cash and get a better mid (Guthrie, Miller) or go for Steele or Petracca (or someone else) and say fu** the byes?

Interested in opinions/options?
If you're willing to trade Bolton:
Bolton - Dusty
Powell - Walsh/Steele with plenty of change.

If not trading Bolton:
Cox - Dusty
Powell - Steele with $200 change. Haha

If you don't pick Ridley you'd have to be pretty confident he doesn't go back to role he was burning non owners with the first month. #1 SC player by far in that span.

Daniel doesn't have Ridley's ceiling.

Last edited:
A838F433-F0A5-4FD9-A653-D3C3AD2E75AC.jpeg 38369C39-62EE-421E-B2A4-ADB72E516898.jpeg

435k bank.

Bowes > Ridley
Farrar/Berg/Scott > JMacrae via Poulter

Bowes > Ridley
Mansell > Zorko via Sharp & Scott

Robertson > Brayshaw (Freo)
Warner > Zorko

Thoughts?

1621251930720.png

Im happy with that
Flynn to Treacy
Powell to Lyons.
Kosi will need to go to a mid rookie next week. bring RCD onto the ground.
Ideally Bianco gets a game this week.
Then i can go Kosi to bianco.
Mcreery to Heeney.
Which will leave me 2 rookie on field after next weeks trades.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back