Trades Round 10 trades.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I'm agonising over this weeks trades. Pretty certain I am trading out Cox and Powell. I am bringing in Dusty but the other trade is the tough one.
I want to get someone with the RD12 bye and most probably a midfielder because I don't want Laird in the mids just yet because I will probably look to move Jordan to Stewart after his bye.

Given all that I think my best options are.
Wines
Kelly
Mitchell

Or a punt on Tomahawk. Probably not but.

I'm leaning towards Wines as I think he is the safest option. Mitchell is struggling currently and Kelly is a burn man plus his coach is not to be trusted. Talk me out of Wines... Screenshot_20210518-001555_SuperCoach.jpeg

OK I'm agonising over this weeks trades. Pretty certain I am trading out Cox and Powell. I am bringing in Dusty but the other trade is the tough one.
I want to get someone with the RD12 bye and most probably a midfielder because I don't want Laird in the mids just yet because I will probably look to move Jordan to Stewart after his bye.

Wines
Kelly
Mitchell

I'm leaning towards Wines as I think he is the safest option. Mitchell is struggling currently and Kelly is a burn man plus his coach is not to be trusted. Talk me out of Wines...View attachment 1130476
Only 4/9 scores over 100 should be enough to scare you off. Boak a much better Port option despite his age. I'm going Jelly. He's on 26 years old, every chance his body holds up.

Hinkley said tonight on 360 that Jones "will be back playing" this weekend, but didn't specify where.

He could also be some chance of being medical sub in the AFL.
Just remembered we get Thu night teams starting this week, we should know in time one way or the other.

View attachment 1130290View attachment 1130291
Genuinely stuck with trades this week. Worked out three potential options but idk if I like any of them:
A: Flynn > Treacy
Powell > Steele and bank 25k
B: Scott > O Connor (going early)
Warner > Ridley via Laird and bank SFA
C: Powell > RCD
Warner > Ridley and bank 45k, keeping Flynn and Scott
Don't usually ask for help cos usually I know better than you campaigners (not really but I like to think so :moustache:) but yeah this team is actually causing me to lose sleep :$
You’re in a real mess here.
- Flynn you’d prefer to let him make another week of money if selected. At least one more.
- RCD, I don’t know what to tell you. Looks a very strong rookie for this time of year, and no other good options on the bubble this week, but I hate going a week late. Could be one of the very rare times it works out OK if it helps you through byes.
- Mansell, Highmore, and Murphy in the backline is painful as you’re forced to field one and there are so many good scorers in the backline this year. Would prioritise fixing this but not sure how because none have made much cash. Sidewaying one of them to Jones if picked for Port this week could help a bit but a fair few teams had 5x primo backs and then added Helmet or May at D6 a couple of weeks ago so you’re going to be at a disadvantage against a lot of teams til you get that last backline rookie off field. Maybe generating cash elsewhere and upgrading Mansell (or Highmore if he’s dropped) is the right play.
- Speaking of the backline, Jiath is starting to lose a good chunk of the coin he’s made. You really need to decide if he’s going to be good enough to be D6 in a strong year for backs or if he was a stepping stone. You’ve probably got no option but to keep him and hope for the best.
- The more I think about it the more I feel having one of Mansell, Murphy, and Highmore on field is the biggest issue. Lachie Jones if selected is really the only short term fix I can think of and he doesn’t properly fix the problem. If you go Flynn>Treacy and Powell>RCD this week and then used all that cash to go one of your dud backline rookies up to a proper backline primo, like Ridley, Mills, Lloyd etc. next week that would be a proper fix.

That’s the best I can come up with.

Zorko & Kelly v Guthrie & Hall?
Not much in it. Kelly and Hall have durability problems but upside at their current prices. Zorko and Guthrie both solid picks. I like the Zorko pick because he’s got a history of being durable, he looks a lock to be top six in the forwards, and he’s a bit underpriced for what he might produce especially until Neale comes back. Guthrie is an OK pick but he’s priced up to close to his best and I guess there are a fair few other mids that are possiblies for top 8-10 for the second half of the year.

Wines
Kelly
Mitchell

I'm leaning towards Wines as I think he is the safest option. Mitchell is struggling currently and Kelly is a burn man plus his coach is not to be trusted. Talk me out of Wines...View attachment 1130476

Talking you out of Wines is easy. His teammate Boak averages 10 more points at only 20k more. If you’re worried about durability with Boak i’d worry just as much with Wines the way he plays. Also if your leaning towards someone for being safe then it’s Titch. Hasn’t set the world on fire but he doesn’t miss games and won’t avg less than 100. Remember a week ago everyone wanted him in at his price because of his great record and his high ceiling.

If you're willing to trade Bolton:
Bolton - Dusty
Powell - Walsh/Steele with plenty of change.

If not trading Bolton:
Cox - Dusty
Powell - Steele with $200 change. Haha
Yeah I was thinking along the lines of the second option. Steele seems a pretty safe pick. Will go for a POD on the next upgrade. Holding Bolton unless his return date blows out. Cheers.

How many different players do you have?

You’re in a real mess here.
- Flynn you’d prefer to let him make another week of money if selected. At least one more.
- RCD, I don’t know what to tell you. Looks a very strong rookie for this time of year, and no other good options on the bubble this week, but I hate going a week late. Could be one of the very rare times it works out OK if it helps you through byes.
- Mansell, Highmore, and Murphy in the backline is painful as you’re forced to field one and there are so many good scorers in the backline this year. Would prioritise fixing this but not sure how because none have made much cash. Sidewaying one of them to Jones if picked for Port this week could help a bit but a fair few teams had 5x primo backs and then added Helmet or May at D6 a couple of weeks ago so you’re going to be at a disadvantage against a lot of teams til you get that last backline rookie off field. Maybe generating cash elsewhere and upgrading Mansell (or Highmore if he’s dropped) is the right play.
- Speaking of the backline, Jiath is starting to lose a good chunk of the coin he’s made. You really need to decide if he’s going to be good enough to be D6 in a strong year for backs or if he was a stepping stone. You’ve probably got no option but to keep him and hope for the best.
- The more I think about it the more I feel having one of Mansell, Murphy, and Highmore on field is the biggest issue. Lachie Jones if selected is really the only short term fix I can think of and he doesn’t properly fix the problem. If you go Flynn>Treacy and Powell>RCD this week and then used all that cash to go one of your dud backline rookies up to a proper backline primo, like Ridley, Mills, Lloyd etc. next week that would be a proper fix.

That’s the best I can come up with.
Thanks for the detailed response. Completely agree that it's a mess. What I was thinking was that I could go Warner > Ridley, chuck Laird in the mids for a week and then downgrade Mansell to an on the bubble mid rookie and swing Laird back, thus getting my defence rookies off field. It's a real pain in the ass cos most were able to double downgrade last week but I couldn't cos I had Bolton and would've lost too many points from having that extra rookie onfield. As it happens I got Zorko in, which netted me an extra 89 points than what I would've gotten if I'd double downgraded. The only knock on the Mansell trade is that it isn't a heap of cash being made, but hopefully Flynn gets named for one or two more and RCD can make it to 300k to make that final upgrade more manageable. Jiath I've accepted will be a lot cheaper when I upgrade him than what I would've liked

Thanks for the detailed response. Completely agree that it's a mess. What I was thinking was that I could go Warner > Ridley, chuck Laird in the mids for a week and then downgrade Mansell to an on the bubble mid rookie and swing Laird back, thus getting my defence rookies off field. It's a real pain in the ass cos most were able to double downgrade last week but I couldn't cos I had Bolton and would've lost too many points from having that extra rookie onfield. As it happens I got Zorko in, which netted me an extra 89 points than what I would've gotten if I'd double downgraded. The only knock on the Mansell trade is that it isn't a heap of cash being made, but hopefully Flynn gets named for one or two more and RCD can make it to 300k to make that final upgrade more manageable. Jiath I've accepted will be a lot cheaper when I upgrade him than what I would've liked
Yep. This plan sounds pretty good I think.

You’ve probably played a pretty difficult situation well there. I probably would have done the double down last week even though I had to put Bolt on the bench and missed the 89 points …

Yeah I was thinking along the lines of the second option. Steele seems a pretty safe pick. Will go for a POD on the next upgrade. Holding Bolton unless his return date blows out. Cheers.

How many different players do you have?
If you do the Dusty/Steele trade. We have 5 different out of the 30.
You have Cerra, RCD, F Macrae, Bolton and Waterman.
I have Walsh, Sharp, McNeil, Rowe and Brockman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A little unconventional, but Warner and Powell to Weightman and Steele leaves me with $86k, 16 trades and this side...

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 8.53.23 am.png

Still feel like there is plenty of time to correct that forward line. Cripps is just hanging on in the midfield but he and Phillips are staying until after the byes.

If Jones isn't picked I could perhaps do Kosi and Jordon to Heaney and Hawkins.

Pros:
- leaves me with only 2 rookies onfield
- bench cover is ok

Cons:
- I probably have the worst midfield I've seen on bigfooty this year.
- I've got lots of s**t premos and s**t "premos"

tr.jpg

Wines
Kelly
Mitchell

I'm leaning towards Wines as I think he is the safest option. Mitchell is struggling currently and Kelly is a burn man plus his coach is not to be trusted. Talk me out of Wines...

As stevebbb said, Boak is probably the best option of the port mids. Wines is a safe 100 player, Boak could easily go 115+ from here on out.

If Jones isn't picked I could perhaps do Kosi and Jordon to Heaney and Hawkins.

Pros:
- leaves me with only 2 rookies onfield
- bench cover is ok

Cons:
- I probably have the worst midfield I've seen on bigfooty this year.
- I've got lots of sh*t premos and sh*t "premos"

View attachment 1130590

Are you locked into Hawkins for any particular reason? I feel like at that price there isn’t a heap of upside. Hind, Hall and Dale all 30k cheaper and have been scoring around the same the last month.. Hawkins probably has the highest ceiling of them but definitely has the lowest floor.

suggestions on what I should do this week fellas. Don't have much to play with. Could hold and be patient etc. Thoughts?

Screenshot_2021-05-17_164435.jpg
Screenshot_2021-05-17_164441.jpg

suggestions on what I should do this week fellas. Don't have much to play with. Could hold and be patient etc. Thoughts

Nice team.

I think Powell > Dusty is a no brainer.

From there if you like him you could do the Warner> Heeney swap but is it depends on whether or not you like Heeney as an option.

Kosi > Lachie Jones if he's named as well is an option.

Are you locked into Hawkins for any particular reason? I feel like at that price there isn’t a heap of upside. Hind, Hall and Dale all 30k cheaper and have been scoring around the same the last month.. Hawkins probably has the highest ceiling of them but definitely has the lowest floor.

Not locked in. Mostly attracted to his durability. Also has a reasonable draw. I’m playing for overall so not worried about floors or ceilings (in terms of weekly score variance).

If it wasn’t him it would be Hall, but he is pretty risky.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back