B: 30 23 28
HB: 30 28 24
C: 25 29 22
HF: 25 22 22
F: 21 29 21
Foll: 32 21 23
Int: 19, 27, 19, 20, 20, 18, 18, 18, 22

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

To me this shows we are a couple of years into the rebuild already.
Of the 26:
  • 13 are 22 or under, with only a couple in doubt as keepers [Xerri, Atu, ?]
  • 5 are 23-25, will be around for this cycle.
  • 7 are 28-30, still a few years left
  • 1 is over 30, risky
Add to this:
  • 7 more kids with potential (or more): Stephenson, Bonar, Perez?, Comben?, Hayden?, Edwards?, Horne?
  • 3 more mature age keepers: McDonald, 26; Anderson 27, Corr 27
25 decent options 25 or under. Any less experience and we'd be compromising the development of the next gen.
We just need one more quality KPD, one more KPF and a Goldy replacement, possibly via free agents.

Of the 26:
  • 1 is over 30, risky
Add to this:
  • 7 more kids with potential (or more): Stephenson, Bonar, Perez?, Comben?, Hayden?, Edwards?, Horne?
25 decent options 25 or under. Any less experience and we'd be compromising the development of the next gen.
We just need one more quality KPD, one more KPF and a Goldy replacement, possibly via free agents.
You can look at it this way, but then the results should be somewhat different

Do *bomber supporters realise that they were proven to be the marshmellow team or are they in denial?

The media always bring up that Sheedy called us (more specifically off-field personnel) marshmellows, but it all came about because our players and coaching staff widely regarded the *bomber team as soft (like marshmellows). And I still don't think they have hardened up much, not even with the peps.

I love that this is still regarded as the marshmellow game. I'd hate it if I was a *bomber.

Quite funny how Noble answered the "rivalry" questioning and how Essendon don't take it seriously.

"We respect the rivalry and history. Whether Essendon do is up to them".
* don't respect anything. That's their major problem

Of the 26:
  • 1 is over 30, risky
Add to this:
WE are actively recruiting kids with potential from 2016 to now in order to fast track and strengthen our rebuild. Good (and lucky) recruiting pushes our rebuild back to where it should have been after we sacked Boomer, Spud et al. Stevo's recruitment shows we have the ability to take advantage of recruitment opportunities that present themselves. It was lucky but we made it work for us.

We now have Stevo, Bonar, Atu, Young and even Menadue, who was drafted the same year as Buckets, all recruits who were drafted since 2015/16. Two of those guys look like making it if they get injury free continuity and the other three have shown enough to be worth persisting with for a while at least. They are obviously throwing as much at it as they can, to see what sticks to a pretty classy group in Jy, LDU, Stevo and TT. Could genuinely end up as four of the classiest recruits from their respective draft years. (Or not obviously but seriously how often have we had that potential this century. Not that often.)

It seems they are recruiting to push the rebuild back in time to when it should have started.

Why are they so obsessed with us, i get that we are good looking, well dressed and charming as a group but I'm actually embarrassed for them. NO Essendon we will not date you, get over it! Negging doesnt work either.

They might just do this to every team they post because they’re s**t campaigners

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In fairness Rutten answered the whole rivalry question with a bit more respect in his presser. Some cretin was trying to get a headline and he’s advised that they’ve educated their players of the history they’ve inherited with opposition clubs.

1621581543286.png

The Roos remain unchanged from the side that defeated Hawthorn last week, with medical sub and No.3 draft pick Will Phillips again part of the emergencies.

Essendon v North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium, 4.40pm AEST

ESSENDON
In:
A.Waterman
Out: D.Smith (hamstring), B.Ham (omitted)

Last week's sub: N.Cox (replaced D.Smith)

NORTH MELBOURNE
No changes

Last week's sub:
W.Phillips (unused)

View attachment 1133440

The Roos remain unchanged from the side that defeated Hawthorn last week, with medical sub and No.3 draft pick Will Phillips again part of the emergencies.

Essendon v North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium, 4.40pm AEST

ESSENDON
In:
A.Waterman
Out: D.Smith (hamstring), B.Ham (omitted)

Last week's sub: N.Cox (replaced D.Smith)

NORTH MELBOURNE
No changes

Last week's sub:
W.Phillips (unused)
No changes after a win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back